Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Windows Xp Skins - Minitokyo

Windows Xp Skins

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 37 total items

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

I use stylexp. Windowblinds was simply too bloated and extravagant.

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

You can make anime skins for Windowblinds using SkinStudio. You can also make Windows Media Player and Winamp skins with it. It's basically the same as making wallpapers with some coding.

Signature

sakuragigi

sakuragigi

Sakura

XO

I was thinking of making some really good skins for stylexp. Maybe the other one too but stylexp is far better.

Make a screensaver too.

Signature

Well we all know what we use but how many of us have actually paid for it. I was hecka mad when my StyleXP trial date went up. None of the styles I downloaded worked anymore is there a way to get around that.

Signature

thx sunira for the sig and ava

Use windowblinds, its totally free except that annoying popup everysoonceinawhile but it just ask if you want to buy it.. btw anyone know how to get rid of that lol

sakuragigi

sakuragigi

Sakura

now a goood question is where to get one in local computer store... i won't mind buying the cd.. just there where am i goning to find one... "-_-

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by dlzagnarUse windowblinds, its totally free except that annoying popup
everysoonceinawhile but it just ask if you want to buy it.. btw anyone
know how to get rid of that lol

Windowblinds isn't free. It has a 30-day trial period and after that time you cannot use it. You must buy the enhanced version from Stardock.

Signature

sakuragigi

sakuragigi

Sakura

Quote by jakulito

Quote by dlzagnarUse windowblinds, its totally free except that annoying popup
everysoonceinawhile but it just ask if you want to buy it.. btw anyone
know how to get rid of that lol

Windowblinds isn't free. It has a 30-day trial period and after that time you cannot use it. You must buy the enhanced version from Stardock.

a...really 30 days trail.... "-_- sigh......

The difference between WindowBlinds and StyleX P:

I own both, and have created skins for both. I also know how windows deals with skinning since my friend works for MS and worked on that part of it.

The way Microsoft themes work is that when an application needs to draw a button, border, or other themed UI element, the application typically asks MS to "Draw a button" in a certain place. Basically, MS just draws the themed button instead of the traditional button. But some applications (older ones) don't ask MS to nicely draw stuff for them, and draw it their own way. (Photoshop is one example, but there are lots)

uxTheme is a hacked version of the windows file responsible for loading/drawing themes. It's hacked so that you can load non-microsoft theme files.

StyleX P is the same as the uxTheme file, but instead of replacing Microsoft's file (which is illegal), they just over-write it in your system memory (like using an invulerability or mega-gold trainer in a game). Again, they just patch it so that you can load non-Microsoft themes.

WindowBlinds listens to certain events in windows, and just draws itself on top of common windows UI elements. So technically, it's causing your computer to work harder. This makes sense, because using WindowBlinds slows down your computer more than using X P themes instead of "Classic mode", but that's because windows is still drawing the "classic" UI onto the screen, but WindowBlinds is just coming along a milisecond later and drawing on top of that. Since WindowBlinds goes and does it's thing later, it can skin certain programs that StyleXP and Windows can't, but there's a cost.

In the end, there are plenty of awesome skins out there for both StyleX P and WindowBlinds. Any StyleXP theme can be used with just the uxTheme patch, becuase they're both REAL windows themes. But WindowBlinds has been arround forever, and there are lots of good themes for that too.

On my system, I use the uxTheme patch, but I rarely use anything besides X P Blue or X P Silver. I hate themes that put bevels on everything because "bevels are cool". Unfortunately most themes are complete crap. There are only a few dozen that are good enough to use, and you'll get annoyed at them soon enough for that one little thing they didn't do as well as X P Blue did.

sakuragigi

sakuragigi

Sakura

Quote by efalskenThe difference between WindowBlinds and StyleX p:
i own both, and have created skins for both. I also know how windows deals with skinning since my friend works for MS and worked on that part of it.
The way Microsoft themes work is that when an application needs to draw a button, border, or other themed UI element, the application typically asks MS to "Draw a button" in a certain place. Basically, MS just draws the themed button instead of the traditional button. But some applications (older ones) don't ask MS to nicely draw stuff for them, and draw it their own way. (Photoshop is one example, but there are lots)
uxTheme is a hacked version of the windows file responsible for loading/drawing themes. It's hacked so that you can load non-microsoft theme files.
StyleX P is the same as the uxTheme file, but instead of replacing Microsoft's file (which is illegal), they just over-write it in your system memory (like using an invulerability or mega-gold trainer in a game). Again, they just patch it so that you can load non-Microsoft themes.
WindowBlinds listens to certain events in windows, and just draws itself on top of common windows UI elements. So technically, it's causing your computer to work harder. This makes sense, because using WindowBlinds slows down your computer more than using X P themes instead of "Classic mode", but that's because windows is still drawing the "classic" UI onto the screen, but WindowBlinds is just coming along a milisecond later and drawing on top of that. Since WindowBlinds goes and does it's thing later, it can skin certain programs that StyleXP and Windows can't, but there's a cost.
In the end, there are plenty of awesome skins out there for both StyleX P and WindowBlinds. Any StyleXP theme can be used with just the uxTheme patch, becuase they're both REAL windows themes. But WindowBlinds has been arround forever, and there are lots of good themes for that too.
On my system, I use the uxTheme patch, but I rarely use anything besides X P Blue or X P Silver. I hate themes that put bevels on everything because "bevels are cool". Unfortunately most themes are complete crap. There are only a few dozen that are good enough to use, and you'll get annoyed at them soon enough for that one little thing they didn't do as well as X P Blue did.

where to buy???

sakuragigi

sakuragigi

Sakura

ok... i've reliase tat style xp have very little stuff tho windows blinds have alot off things... but sad is tat it takes up more space then style xp = (

gundam00

gundam00

Gundam Pilot

Yea the skins in those web sites are cool!!!

Wing Zero
Signature

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 37 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.