Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Who knows about the character in Fruit Basket, Akito ? - Minitokyo

Who knows about the character in Fruit Basket, Akito ?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

sakuralim

Love is ......

I have seen the series of Fruit Basket, but I dont quite know this character, Akito. He seems very cruel to everyone but he is going to die soon. What, I dont understand his character in this anime.

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

He's going to die soon?? Where did you here that? It mentions nothing of that in the manga...... :\

Well, I'm a huge Fruits Basket fan so I should know lolz. Akito is the leader of the Sohma family. He controls them basically, that's why he seems so sinister and unpredictable, (technically, he is...) But to put it in simple terms, Akito Sohma was not one of the zodiacs because he is was the "God" who held the banquet for the animals.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

spoliers here!!! If you dont want to know a lot of what its all about later on, dont read past this point!!!.......

Akito seems to be a cruel person who doesn't care for anyone else. He gets sick very often and is watched over by Hatori Sohma, who is a doctor for the family. The cause of his sickness comes from the fact that he won't live past the age of thirty. The head of the house is the person who takes the whole weight of the family, and that puts a lot of pressure on him. He is most interested in finding a cure/solution to the curse even if he has to hurt everyone he knows. He is upset because he has to die for his family because of the curse.

He does not turn into any animals.
Also, in the manga it is eventually revealed that Akito is actually female.

syivese

syivese

Oblivious Being!!

Yup. HE will eventually be a SHE in the manga.. soon... >.<

And apparently it is not becoz SHE is going to die that she is so cruel towards everyone. It's more so to do with her mother and the past relationships she had. A huge betrayal by the one she trusted most changed her almost instantly to the current she.. She's actually a poor poor soul >.<

PoT-Fanatics Here --> (TeniPuri) Signature Image

sakuralim

Love is ......

reall !!! wow, I dont know that much. How come whne I watch the anime, there is no Akito's mother show up, or he/she said about their relationship.

syivese

syivese

Oblivious Being!!

Quote by sakuralimreall !!! wow, I dont know that much. How come whne I watch the anime, there is no Akito's mother show up, or he/she said about their relationship.

Coz the anime shows like 5% of the entire plot compared to the manga? o_O

It will be revealed later in the manga - perhaps in vol 17. ^^ Furthermore the anime only showed a few of the jyunishis... rin(horse) and kureno(cock) are not even visible! There's a lot more of the character developments in the manga.

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

I think they should have at least showed everyone in the anime. Even if they didn't put the entire story concerning Akito into the anime they should have at least let you see Rin and Kureno.

Signature
Ava/sig both made by Kuai.

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Quote by TirdaelynI think they should have at least showed everyone in the anime. Even if they didn't put the entire story concerning Akito into the anime they should have at least let you see Rin and Kureno.

I agree with Tirdaelyn at least a brief apearence by all the zodiac in the anime would have great. Us poor deprived people who haven't got their hands on the Manga demand satisfaction!

Besa

Abyss

Yeah Akito is a she :nya:

Signature Image

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

I didn't even know about Rin and Kureno for the longest time. I saw the anime first. Then I read the manga and I found out about Rin, and heard about her being the horse, but I still didn't know about Kureno until recently. I also say that we, as the fans, had a right to know at least what they look like.

And about Akito being female. I didn't see that one coming when I found out about it, you definitely hear some shocking things when you are really paying attention. Or read them for that matter. :)

Signature

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

He's really a She, talk about gender bending. You people really meant it when you said spoilers. Oh well I suppose I read it despite the posted warnings.

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

It is a shame when something is spoiled, but even if you know that part of it doesn't mean the rest isn't also interesting. I wonder how many people didn't see that one coming though. Did anyone really think that he would be a she when they first saw Akito?

Signature

sakuralim

Love is ......

so, Akito is a she.
then what about the curse about anyway ?
is it really anime version are diffrent from manga version ?

Samika

Samika

Homonculous

Anime isn't that different, but what happened was they really mucked around with the timeline, so the order of events in the anime were different to the manga's original one (to clarify, the anime only took stories from the first 8 volumes-but not all- and Kyo's secret was revealed in Vol. 6) And thanks to all that, we probaly won't get a second season. T_T

"If I'm as pure and straight as you say... It's because you're at the end of my path." ~ Parfait Tic
"The hardest thing to endure, is to live in a world without out you in it." ~ Autumn in My Heart
"In my heart, there is an equation... 'Someone my friend likes=Some one that has nothing to do with me.' Thats why."- By the Lotus Leaves

kaylamew

kaylamew

Words from Yuko-sama

yeah it sucks= there wont be a second season. We just have to keep up with the manga in order to get the right idea.

spoilers:
Akito is a she, Rin has a VERY cool story line (with Haru), Kureno has a great story also (with Uo-tani), Hiro and Kisa grow up a bit and have complications with the main house, Kagura finanally figures out why she hangs around Kyo *and no it's not love.. she is feeling pity* Uotani has more storyline about her family - More Momiji and his sister, Evil mean Shigure and the teacher(who I forgot her name), Hatori love... the list goes on! Trying to kill Kyo after graduation.... Oh there is SO much good stuff!

I'm glad that Tokyo Pop picked it up and they are already to manga 8

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

Wow, I can't wait to read more. I love this series. :D

Signature

sakuralim

Love is ......

wow, the story from manga seems more interesting then anime and more information and detail too.
I hope someone will tell each episod sinopsis here. So, I can know what;s happening ^^
In malaysia is very hard to fine anime or manga cartoon. Mostly need to download from internet. But sometimes I can not it. -_-
i so envy those who can watch them.

Samika

Samika

Homonculous

Omg, we forgot to mention Machi!! :x She's on the student council with Yuki, and she's like a female version of the way Yuki was before Tohru. ^_^'

"If I'm as pure and straight as you say... It's because you're at the end of my path." ~ Parfait Tic
"The hardest thing to endure, is to live in a world without out you in it." ~ Autumn in My Heart
"In my heart, there is an equation... 'Someone my friend likes=Some one that has nothing to do with me.' Thats why."- By the Lotus Leaves

syivese

syivese

Oblivious Being!!

Yeah.. I'm looking forward to more Hana n Kazuma scenes. ^^

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.