Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tenjho Tenge Manga censored by CMX - Minitokyo

Tenjho Tenge Manga censored by CMX

Tagged under Tenjou Tenge

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 134 total items

Kamisongai

Kamisongai

the quiet type (usually)

CMX has censored the Tenjho Tenge manga for its American release. I think this is ridiculous and unnecessary. There is a site to protest this at http://digitalsin.bebopboard.net/index2.html . What is everyone else's opinion?

Work sucks, arrid works!

"swordchucks yo!"

Jaymaker

Jaymaker

Halo

Hell no! Why do you think they make it uncensured in the first place.

Spartens The future of all warfare. Who's gona stop him.

It depends on who their target readers are. If there are many kids expected to be exposed to them, it makes sense to censor it. Sticking an M+ or R-rating on it will also have similar effects.

Tenjou Tenge is not supposed to be read by minors in the first place.

Samika

Samika

Homonculous

But the target audience is originally older, they just censored it down to 13/teen level. >_<

"If I'm as pure and straight as you say... It's because you're at the end of my path." ~ Parfait Tic
"The hardest thing to endure, is to live in a world without out you in it." ~ Autumn in My Heart
"In my heart, there is an equation... 'Someone my friend likes=Some one that has nothing to do with me.' Thats why."- By the Lotus Leaves

kurodousama

kurodousama

yes, i'm a doctor

they shouldn't be trying to target a younger audience in the first place, knowing what the manga is about. it is completely ridiculous on CMX's part for doing so. In a sense, they didn't even release tenjou tenge, they released 'tenjou tenge:edited', or something like that. i, for one, have stopped buying their manga altogether.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

Lutherniel09

Lutherniel09

The Sinner

They want to make big bucks. Therefore making it available to the larger number of audience. I don't think manga should be censored at all. If I was the author, I would want my work to be distributed as they are and not the washed down version of it.

Signature Image

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

I don't believe in censorship. Boo to CMX.
Honestly, that's why they have age ratings.

Signature

Kamisongai

Kamisongai

the quiet type (usually)

I'm glad everybody seems to agree with me that censorship is bad, though its a little hard to believe....shouldnt some people like it? if you do feel free to speak up cuz I dont understand how it could really be justified....

Work sucks, arrid works!

"swordchucks yo!"

I don't want it to be censored!! I know little kids will just pick something up and read it and if that's so they should put a little R-tag saying you shouldn't read it unless you're a certain age.

Signature

Bah I don't like censoring. Especially on a series like this. I just think they should just say it's geared more for adults. Or at least release an uncensored copy.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Target audience nothing. If something isn't for kids, don't bring it over only to change it and make it for kids.

cmkmstephens

cmkmstephens

ARrrrrrrggg!

Don't change anything from its original japanese version, voices, pics, animation, whatever.

Just add subs, nothing else.

Signature Image

AnimeDaisuki

AnimeDaisuki

Wings of Destiny

Quote by Lutherniel09They want to make big bucks. Therefore making it available to the
larger number of audience. I don't think manga should be censored at
all. If I was the author, I would want my work to be distributed as
they are and not the washed down version of it.

So true ! Imagine having all the hard work you put into your manga getting removed from the original context of the message in the story that you're trying to tell your readers...

I'm in your forum , lurkin' in ur posts~ =^w^=

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Yes, but they liscenced it out to them. You can't possibly believe they are blind to what's happening. If anything they've whored themselves out. Sad, really.

Caitiebear

MT-U Health/Relations Consultant

Quote by cmkmstephensDon't change anything from its original japanese version, voices, pics, animation, whatever.

You japanofile! ;) Heh...in some cases though, the dub is actually decient.

Take, for example, Tenjho Tenge. I just finished watching the DVD in the english dub.

I have to say, I'm rather impressed. Of course, the company, Geneon, never really does a terrible job with their dubs.

But I digress. I don't think they should have censored it at all. It takes the fun (and boobies) out of it. It also takes away from the story, in my opinion. If they wanted to do us a favor, they should have kept it as is, translated it into english, and polybag it like they did with Battle Royale.

Oh wait, I forgot, Tokyopop's actually smart like that. *hits CMX over the head repeatdly with a large paper fan*

Signature
It's been one of those days....
Journal*Website*Cosplay*Gaia

Quote by cmkmstephensDon't change anything from its original japanese version, voices, pics, animation, whatever.

Thank you! I agree 100%.

nyaaaaaHH1

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

actually.... i have the uncencored when I try to download the manga scans.
and yes, no cencored in there.. I can't belive you haven't found it...
try directmanga for that..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Protect the original!!! Leave it be!!! Publish it w/o censorship.

Quote by jjs11

Thank you! I agree 100%.

I have to agree totally!

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

That is just wrong, why to sell a ecchi manga and censure it. that doesn't have any sense, thank god I can read Ikkitousen without censured stuff.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ultima100

ultima100

Holy Angel Ultima

I solved the problem by buying Japanese version. -_-' and also other mangas that kind of this rate.

Quote by ultima100I solved the problem by buying Japanese version. -_-' and also other mangas that kind of this rate.

lol, and I solved the problem by getting the scanlated versions online.

Quote by jjs11

Thank you! I agree 100%.

Agree except for the fact that adding dubs is not changing it since you can still get the original track if you have both tracks on a DVD which you always get. Sorry I know not the place for this but a lot of you sub and never dub people tick me off since most of you I talk too don't care that you get your subs on the discs since you still demand no dubs for thsoe taht don't like subs.

Anyway I partly agree, but will sum it up differently by saying don't flip and don't censor, dub for those that like dubs, and explain jokes in the back if you have to but don't edit or censor material to change the target audience. I mean think if they did that with Girls Bravo, if they had censored it down to the same target age of Pokemon.

----------------------------
"It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison" - Michelle Chang R.o.D. the TV

"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted . . . he lived happily ever after." - Willy Wonka

Censorship doesn't make the anime/manga any more appealing, so I don't c the sense in doing it.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 134 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.