Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your choice image source - Minitokyo

Your choice image source

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

kyroooo

kyroooo

Gonzo-fan

I mean, ORIGINAL source like art books, magazines, CG from games, manga, doujinshi, pencil boards, or other stuff. What's everyone's perferred source for eyecandy or wallpaper-making? You can specify anime or artist titles too.

Hehe, being a (ex) leccher, I favor Newtype (japan) magazine with their huge amount of full page images for newer series. Art books are nice without text on top, but not all of my fav series have an art book. Even if they do, they take a long time to reach shops and even longer to my hands. Also, they don't have a lot of original images. I collect pencil boards so I like them for rare art that I can get anywhere else. ^^

As for artist, I'll go for anything by Carnelian, Misato Mitsumi, and Tukiji Nao.

I love the art books. Expensive but when I go to Hong Kong I always end up picking up a few to ad to my collection. Newtype USA is good byt the orginal in Japanese has better layout.

Do You like my tight sweater? SEE how it fits my body.

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

I like NewType USA, its my only source for images...Well that and the internet and screen shots. Maybe I should go track down an artbook or two.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

artbooks (shirow) and DJ of E

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

lclun

lclun

mikoto-sama

newtype and megami is my favourite source of images ^_^

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Magazines are great because you get a variety of images for a variety of series, even if less popular titles (Twin Spica) never get a decent feature. I like Animaga and Animage - they have fold-out posters which are easy to scan and usually are text-less to boot.

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

I prefer artbooks - high quality illustrations guaranteed, not so much text to clean off and stuff :D

Signature Image

kino

kino

tabibito

yep artbooks are a definite choice for me :D has been buying them alot these days...

Signature Image

Angelette

Angelette

[Q^_^]-O

artbooks! but they're soo expensive ;__;

My favorite artist: Arina Tanemura! xD!!~ SOOO PRETTY~~

Signature

artbooks here too . It's expensive but we also can watch them on some site . It's great .

someday , computer rules the world , i will be the King's loyal hand .

Ky

Ky

Blue

best source of images are posters. high resolution.

Pencil boards/shitajiki I would say, since they fit so easily into the scanner, no worry about piecing together scans (like w/ posters and two page magazine spreads), and I don't have to fret about killing my art book's spine. Not to mention the lack of text on most boards, unlike most magazine layouts.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.