Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any highschoolers in the IB program? - Minitokyo

Any highschoolers in the IB program?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 42 total items

erebusnight

::Kickass Imposter!:: <(^.~)>

Is the IB program widely known among colleges? If so, I'm pretty sure that due to the difficulty of completing the IB program, colleges will look very kindly upon you and your fellow IBers.

Someday we'll know
Why Samson loved Delilah
One day I'll go
Dancing on the moon.

If you check the school you're going to, you'll probably find out whether or not they accept IB credits.

I graduated from IB, I'm glad to say I survived it, but on the flip side of the IB spectrum, is the non-work ethic people who have claimed "IB means I BS" as their mottos. lol I sadly admit to being one of those people. It's true, it's good to have you understand university material before getting there, but it takes a great deal away from your high school experience. For me, it felt like going to university in high school.

When I talked to my friends who didn't take the IB program, they were able to go out, hang out, and other things.... IB limits your life, unless you're one of those Super people. ._.; I gained a lot from the experience academically, but I don't reccomend it socially.

catyeye

catyeye

~ Love & Peace! ~

I'm in the IB program too! I really like the system, but the only problem is that we see to many subthemes that normally in my country aren't seen in school. For example, know we are studing math that are teached in the university. But anyway, I think the IB program is a really good preparation for university, and it isn't as hard as i thought it would be! ^^

Signature
Even though we were so close together, the twilight has a different color now.

~*PonCHo PeGa Duro*~

Luckster

Luckster

d u a l i t y

I've heard of it. I didn't apply to the IB program though since I thought it'd be "tough" to maintain good grades in all the subjects - I'm only strong in a few subjects. Even though, the IB program is known worldwide. I know a few people who went to the IB program. Some of them have transfer credits from the IB program -lucky them, less work for them- and do seem to be a bit more prepared for university - as in continue with good grades and have a social life. Also, it looks good on your resume.

Signature

My school has a similar program, but mine may be more advanced.
Mine's a magnet school, which is a public school but with VERY advanced courses
we go through subjects very quickly and in much more detail than in normal classes etc...

Is it worth it? Definetely, but be prepared to sacrifice sleep (as I'm planning on doing, since I have 2 essays due on Monday, one 5+ pages long, the other a research paper)

those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

riku-chan

riku-chan

The One

My school was very much on the brink of implementing the IB curiculum, even now I can't balance the pros and cons if they had gone ahead. I'm currently in the 8th moving to 9th grade and while we may be accustomed to stress, we might be a little too young. Another option opened to us was the IP route which brings us from Junior High through to High School.

For people in IB, do you find that you become less capable in exam strategies as compared to the mainstream? Or does project work and field study increase your capabilities to deal with people and prepare you for working life? I'm just curious to know this first hand..^^ Especially since people have mentioned that they gain university and college credits.

In our school it's required for students in Business Academy to be in IB.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

I'm a senior in high school at Lawrence Central High School in Indianapolis. I never heard of the IB program but sounds ok. I'm joining the NAVY as soon as I get out.They pay for your college. well have fun all of you. someone please write me. I am kinda new so, if you could please write.

**HERE HERE**

I am a last year IB student from Turku Finland. I just completed my Extended Essay and soon we are going to start our study leave for the exams. IB is just the place to drive you to the edge and then poke you over. Fortunately my terrific classmates are nice enough to throw me a life line over the cliff whenever I might need one :D

Compared to the national system here, we do much more work and pay for it too. The national schooling in Finland is totally free, including the lunches. So in short I must have been mad to even take an exam to get on IB ^_^'

Anyhow, it is the people that make is all worth while!

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

yeah im in 8th grade, my school is an ibmyp cantidate. i applied for the ib program if i go to my home high shcool, but i also applied to thomas jefferson where they dont have ib but they have loads of ap courses.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

I've got a friend in some IB classes, and I'm in an AP English program at my school; last year I was in AP US History, too.

I don't mind AP too much, I guess...then again, that may be because the test isn't for a couple months yet. I think that the test can have a seriously stressful effect on some students, though; it's seen as something almost scary. *Shrugs* The class was a choice, though, so I suppose I can't complain since I voluntarily subjected myself to it. It's not too bad overall...keeps me challenged, if nothing else.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

lol, my school applied but didn't get it.
XD

zelious

zelious

Sleep is Gooood....

My sister is in IB and she says its hard. She constantly has homework and the other day, she stayed up until 3 in the morning for an essay or something. But I'm going to high school soon and she told me to take AP so I'm taking AP.

My high school offered IB, I tried it because the teachers recommend it to me because apparently I'm talented, but the IB course crushed me and my inner child (he's better now) within a few months. Simply you just do so much more work to learn the same amount of stuff, sure if you go well you get much higher marks than an equally smart person in the goverment run course, but it is a hell of a lot of work, less than half of those who started it made it through, I was an early victim.

Unless you plan to study overseas, or are extremely dedicated to your studies, or just exceptionally efficient, I wouldn't bother.

zeroenna57

zeroenna57

The Ultimate Eye/ Jew

My school doesnt have it but my old school did but i was there for one year before we moved to our new school so i'm taking AP classes now

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Signature

Aestus

Aestus

*Baka Onigiriii*

Alumni here :)
Need any help with anything just ask id love to help. Saved my Written task essays too on my pc, got 6 out of 7 points on total score :D.
Handled global issues and literature, so dont ask me about media :P
All this talk about it being hard and stuff, its not really hard if you're wondering about it, just more work, which translates into hard for some people.

merged: 09-11-2007 ~ 02:20am
Sry didnt see how old this thread was:P you probably all done by now XD

Simple & Clean- Utada hikaru
:nya:

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I'm already half way through college lol.

Old thread. Closed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 42 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.