Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PM system - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Ok, I don't know if anyone else here considers this a problem or if a thread has been created on this (I searched but I didn't find any)..but I have a ton of botchii report messages sitting in my PM box that won't let me delete them until I read them. I think it would be helpful if we were allowed to delete PMs without having to read them, or at least be able delete the ones that botchii sends in response to a report without having to read it. Why? Because a) the report responses are all the same:

[insert username here],

Your report on Gallery Item #[insert number here] has been processed. Etcetc

b) we don't know which gallery item it is since the number doesn't even match the gallery item number, just the report number itself c) all the notif we need is the subject

So, say I make like 50 reports (note that will probably never happen, but let's just assume so) and all the reports have been processed. In turn, I get 50 PMs from botchii which all say the same thing with the exception that each "gallery item" number is different. Do I really need to read it? I would hope not. Heck, all I need to know is that my report HAS been processed and I would think the subject tells me enough. So, I attempt to clear my PM inbox as to not unnecessarily take up space on MT. Oh, but wait, there are no checkmarks next to the report notifications.. only big red dots! :o What has happened?! Then I realize that I must click on every individual PM and see the message before a checkbox appears next to the PM. This requires 1) clicking the PM 2) clicking on the link back to my PM inbox 3) rinse and repeat until I have gone through all the botchii PMs and then finally clicking on the "select all" button and deleting. Ok.. so I dragged it out and made a big deal out of something that isn't really. It's trivial.. but it irritates me enough to make a thread out of it. Maybe I'm just too obsessive-compulsive :\

Signature Image

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

I am getting the same problem... I don't report tha often (prolly done 5 total reports in 2 months lol) and I am getting a LOT of messages from botchii about reports that I've never done >_>;

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

yeah i know what you mean thats kind of annoying...

Signature Image

Haha ok.. I feel relieved cuz I thought I was the only one having that problem here ^^;

And shinn I dunno about getting report notifs on reports you didn't make really.. I don't even keep track of the number of reports I make >.<;

Signature Image

nekosasu

nekosasu

chibi ningen no baka ~desu

i just can agree to frozenwilderness, though I don't make that many reports...
hmm maybe the thing that would be best imo is to enable the checkboxes for BotChii --> Report Processed Messages <-- ONLY (since if it was enabled for every pm most people would go off and ignore more than those notif pms---)

Asahi

Asahi

gone

mmh.. today i got many notices of the botchii too. i dont know if it were all my older ones , for weeks i had reported a lot of double scans.. but i think it were not these ones.

Yea I'm guessing they might be older reports like asahi mentioned shinn. I know the mods were lazy back then XD Some still are *cough*osi*cough* Though who knows.. you haven't really been at MT for that long ^^;

Haha yes neko, that's what I mentioned but you stated it more explicitly.. though I dunno if sheq's gonna do anything about it cuz he's probably too lazy as well -_-;;

Signature Image

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

I use to be annoyed by this also. But over time 'm just not as bothered by it anymore.
I tend to clear my pm's daily, so 5+ reports from botchii a day isn't that much hassle.

Signature

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Yeah, bot Chii sent me a "report processed" message last week, and I don't recall if I had made a report request or not. I thought all of my previous reports were closed and not outstanding.

I remember pressing the report link... but changing my mind about it afterwards... Cancelling the report and closing the window. That's about the only thing I can think of that would have triggered a report processed notice from [bot]Chii.

Hehe well, boogybro, I guess you aren’t like me.. one day I went through a few scan categories and did like 30 reports.. later I got a bunch of report messages back. And well, if you’re lazy like me you don’t bother to even go to your PM box until the messages have built up >_>; Usually I just end up marking PM notifs as “read� when I get the message ^^;

And sm, the message was probably sent by the time you closed the window.. unless you mean before you even pressed submit. Then I dunno..

Signature Image

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

Yea frozen I got this problem too! But strange enough, after I delete the earliest PM, I can delete those PM from botchii. ^__^ U could give it a try. ^_^'

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

What forum software does minitokyo use? Is it something commercial or something custom? Does anyone know?

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

i understand it can get annoying if you have 50 reports to open ... ^_^' i had the problem on a smallest scale and i admit it's not that great. It's a way to force people to read botchii's love letters i suppose ...
But it's true concerning done reports this protection could maybe be disabled. I don't know if it's possible.

p.s : i was afraid to see you banned. I now you asked for it. So good luck this week with your studies and come back soon :)

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

ok. you are all complaining about the pm system notification T_T i can understand that, but do you realize that when one member gets like 50 pms about his reports being processed that they also had to be processed manually by certain someone? *cough* mods *cough* and I do not see mods complaining though T_T and we are talking about one person only here, while currently MT has how many? 102,373 members! with 59,268 gallery items (and the number is constantly rising) and many of them are filing dozens of reports daily!!! you ought to more appreciate the mods here! and I am not talking about myself as I am a mod for a week only XP , but about those who are with us from the very very beginning. I do not see them whining here T_T

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

eyyyy ! QUE PASO aqui?

No entendi muy ese mensaje t____t ..pero sacare mi translate !

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.