Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Finer Lines Between Collaboration And Independence - Minitokyo

The Finer Lines Between Collaboration And Independence

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 37 total items

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

"- Should society be based mostly on collaboration, independence, or an equal balance of both out there? In realistic terms, why did you choose that decision?"

I feel that Countrys (Societys) are like organizems. Some are Parasites and others actually help somehow. Weather or not they choose to be one way or anouther is irrelevant. Japan, China, and Korea are good countrys in that we get a lot of our imports from them at a low price and we export there for a high price (based on item and demand). This stimulates the econemy and improves the quality of live in our country. (usa) As for the Parasites, we have mainly 3rd world nations that don't really help us with anything and acually bring us down. If we weren't so busy helping them then we could be better then we are however, if we didn't help them how Great would we really be anyway?

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by ArucardsMasterAs for the Parasites, we have mainly 3rd world nations that don't
really help us with anything and acually bring us down. If we weren't
so busy helping them then we could be better then we are however, if we
didn't help them how Great would we really be anyway?

Interesting interpretation indeed. While we resort into a bit of ethical backwashing [helping poorer countries in need, for the better of all world nations] which can and cannot be ignored at times, this kind of situation would fall more in line with Mordin's topic: http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/19147/

It is true that the United Nations is doing its best to promote world trade.
While one country may try to single itself out from the others, technically Arucard, one nation in itself is not likely to survive - it would prove to be less efficient and perhaps not sustainable in lifestyle, towards a limited sense here. It points an uncomfortable feeling towards the nation in being solitude as a whole, because certain sacrifices are to be made that could be considered beneficial if they had been in collaboration alongside with other nations as well - so what's the use, then - really? Would the term "all for one and one for all" apply here too?

As for whether or not the parasites do prove to be beneficial in the long run, remember that certain countries are striving to become richer that way by sustaining current loads of foreign debt towards these areas - a debt that unfortunately, keeps the economy of first world countries running, while in short supply - approximately more than $2 trillion in debt, I presume from past history records here down the beginning of the 21st Century. The concern for help by ethical means may be addressed by Mordin himself - his view is that nations all should help each other before promoting further into space exploration. Whether these 3rd world countries should be independent by force or not - lies both a beneficial cost and a hazard toward the progress of the world as a whole. Likewise, I cannot say anything that will further go off topic here, but you did bring a nice point, nonetheless. It does has an ethical concern to it as well, when discussing about the participation of other nations over here.

To me, I find disregarding third world countries turning a blind eye on the entire humanity issue itself, and that makes these people no greater than the people who wish to build a monopoly themselves, really. Prioritizing on basic concerns, fixing things, and optimizing them is the way to go. Correct me if any of my statements are wrong here - this is not in my field of studies and pushed aside from my publishing forte.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Quote by Celessa

Quote by ArucardsMasterI find disregarding third world countries turning a blind eye on the entire humanity issue itself, and that makes these people no greater than the people who wish to build a monopoly themselves, really. Correct me if I am wrong here - this is not my publishing forte.

I never said don't help them. Its good that we do. If you remember during the Tokogawa Shogan in Japan the country was left still in a state of isolationism. This crippled their econemy and left them as "Savages" to the newer world. He did everything he could to open reletions to other countrys and increased their econemy, ideals, and way of live. One of the first countrys they talked to was US. We came in to play over there and with other nation's taught the group of "savages" how to be a more civilized nation.
Useing Japan for anouther example would be after we dropped the nukes on the in wwii. Many Japanese people were obviously mad about this but the majority of the nation that so now in a deprssion was glad to be rid of that empiror. They thank us because we took occupation after that horrible event and governed their already before torn nation. We even wrote their constitution and helped established government for them.
^Sound familier ....Iraq

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

Ha, an interesting question.
My opinion is If you feel happy and you can get more results with less efforts by Collaboration, you collaborate;if you feel happy and you can get more results with less efforts by only yourself you do it independece.

Holt

Holt

pffft

I work better through teamwork be it in a presentation, project or whatever. That way,
a) Blame for mistakes is spread throughout the group XD
b) I can check other's errors and others can check mine.
c) I don't generally like working on my own anyway.
d) The group can think of many more ideas and solutions than any one person and build on other's ideas.
e) There can be division of labour. A large task is split into small ones and each small task is assigned to the person best suited for it.

There are disadvantages to teamwork like not getting all the credit even if you did most of the work. But the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.

On the international level, I believe society must be collaborative to an extent to survive. I guess a country for example could produce all their own necessities ie. food and shelter etc.
and never import from outside. But then they wouldn't have time to produce the luxuries we all must have ;)
Hence collaboration leads to each country providing the goods or services they can produce most efficiently and trading with others.
This is the same at a smaller scale. Everyone has their place in society and (barring thieves and miscreants) provides a good or service to others in return for their's.

Signature Image

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Celessa... you think to much. Try to be more brain dead like me ^_^' it works out for the best... Anyway, I don't mind working alone if I want to do the job right but I also don't mind working with others to show them how to do the job right... Did I tell you I'm always right ;) lol Anyway... sorry I'm not much of a reader being at work and all kind of take that option from me sometime because I need to do work ( some times lol) If you can do me a favor though... try to keep it simple. I'm can be very slow some times... not kidding lol

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by Celessa- Do you feel that you can work better by yourself, or through
teamwork?

On my part, I must say I work better by myself... I guess I like not to have to depend on other people to do my work, which can cause problems sometimes, especially when you have to work with people that are unreliable... And i must say i tend to be bossy when doing teamwork, which can be tough on other people in my team >.< But, in the field I'm studying, teamwork is frequent, especially when you want to get help with a translation problem. And I must say, often teamwork is useful, it's just too bad I'm not good at working with people...

Quote by Celessa- Given a group project, or a presentation to display at school for
example - would you prefer to rather work with others in a group, or
all alone here, under your current situation?

As I said, I'm not good at working in team, but when it's for an oral presentation, i must say I prefer working in team, cause I just hate orals, especially when I have to stand alone in front of a class... >.< Then again, when we do a translation, even if it's an individual work and whem it counts, we cross-check our final version, to make sure there aren't any careless mistakes... It does help improve our grades ^^

Quote by Celessa- Should society be based mostly on collaboration, independence, or an
equal balance of both out there? In realistic terms, why did you choose
that decision?

I'd say both collaboration and independance are needed depending in which field of society, i wouldn't expect construction workers to make buildings on their own, and i wouldn't want to force an artist to work in team when they feel like working alone... but in general, i'd say collaboration is much more common these days, and it's all right ^^

Quote by Celessa- Finally, are you involved in any work that you virtually know you
wish you hadn't been doing by yourself lately?

nope... yay! summer vacation ^^ and usually, at school, it's clearly stated whether the work has to be done in team or individually...

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

Whoa such deep questions Celessa-san! ^_^

Quote by Celessa- Do you feel that you can work better by yourself, or through teamwork?

It really depends on the persons I'm working with and what we have to do!
I usually get along easily with people (cause I'm a pushover! >_<)
But I prefer to work on my own for example when I'm painting.

Quote by Celessa- - Should society be based mostly on collaboration, independence, or an
equal balance of both out there? In realistic terms, why did you choose
that decision?

Society needs independcy to collaborate! (or something like that!)
Without the people who stands for their opinoin and walk's their own way society would never evolve. Like during Word War 2 when Hitler ocupied germany. Peoples freedom where taken from them and they didn't dare to do anything, the society stoped evolving . If Hitler would have won word war 2 that society would have been doomed anyway.
I think there needs to be a balance between them cause nor can you have to many independent people, that would only lead to revolt!

Did that make any sense? ^_^'
I might have written in strange terms! (well I'm a swede!)

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

nekohana

Brain Sold Seperetly

I guess I work better alone cuz when I'm with others I just fool around. It really depends on what I'm working on though.
Example: If I'm working on a Science worksheet I'd work better alone cuz to m science is very easy. But if its something like social studies then I'd need alot of teamwork cuz I just hate social studies.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

i've not collab-ed with a waller before.but i'd love to try out one day. i know it'll lessen my time+effort.. and of course we'll even share ideas. i dont think its a bad idea.
im just not sure whether my works would be better if its done indivitually.. XD

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

- Do you feel that you can work better by yourself, or through teamwork?
~I feel that working alone or in a team depends on the situation for me...

- Given a group project, or a presentation to display at school for example - would you prefer to rather work with others in a group, or all alone here, under your current situation?
~I think that if i had to present some thing to a crowd of people i would rather present in a group

- Should society be based mostly on collaboration, independence, or an equal balance of both out there? In realistic terms, why did you choose that decision?
~i think that society should be mostly balanced in both forms of collaboration

- Finally, are you involved in any work that you virtually know you wish you hadn't been doing by yourself lately?
~Nope, most of the work my teachers have been asigning lately ar e group projects so...

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

- Do you feel that you can work better by yourself, or through teamwork?

I can do both. In a positive collaboration, where the various parties are qualified and willing, I'm actually personally responsible for less work. I can share the burden. I also find the that quality of the final product is greater because of the extra viewpoints. In a negative collaboration, I do more work than I would have by myself because I have to fix or replace the other parties' work and take care of my own share. In a real work environment, I find negative collaborations to be far more common; so, I prefer to work by myself. However, in answer to your question the positive collaboration would have the greatest potential result.

- Given a group project, or a presentation to display at school for example - would you prefer to rather work with others in a group, or all alone here, under your current situation?

If I can pick my teammates, then I would go with the group school project because I can be assured that the others will be just as concerned with the result as me. If I don't get to pick my fellows, then I would rather do it by myself. School is not a good group environment. At least in a real world situation, my co-workers would probably take care that the project didn't fail completely since they would get fired too.

- Should society be based mostly on collaboration, independence, or an equal balance of both out there? In realistic terms, why did you choose that decision?

I believe there should be collaboration in society; so, that the most people possible can benefit from cultural changes and adaptations. However, since people are individuals with their own specific needs, the majority of life tasks should be done as individuals or at most with your life partner. One before the many; so, that majority does not destroy the few in its path.

- Finally, are you involved in any work that you virtually know you wish you hadn't been doing by yourself lately?

Actually, I just wish I had some one to share my workload with. I can do my job much more efficiently by myself; since, it involves making enumerable phone calls. However, I would like someone to just plain take some of my work off me. I can't do everything myself much as I would prefer to (I know it is done right). It would also be useful to have another person who does the exact same thing to discuss my problems with. The other party might discover a better way to get certain tasks done, or they could at least back me up when I explain why I'm behind or whatever.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 37 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.