Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why Blog? - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Do you keep a blog, or live journal, Xanga, or anything? Why do you do it, or if you don't have one, what's your take on it?

Sometimes I see ones where people seem to think too highly of themselves, like they're philosophical masters and everyone would want to read their stuff. Then I see ones where people write a sentence a day (Ex: Saw a movie today because it was raining, so I was bored).

So what's the point, for you, or in your opinion?

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

Ick, mine is just thoughts and shizz, I try to stay away from the uber-philosophical stuff. I'm not good at trying to sound smart.
I just think a blog is pretty much like a journal, you wanna put in stuff that you want to remember, and possibly share. Its more like a storybook on life, where you're the narrator and main character.

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

I havent written in mine for ages. I'm going to start again once I finish my website.

ultimate540

ultimate540

Innocence Fleeting

hmmm...I have a xanga...but I only write in it just for the fun of having somewhere to write down thoughts...it's not really for people to look at inspiringly lol...I write random poetry on it sometimes, but it's just fun to write out thoughts sometimes. Similar to a a diary if I ever did one, except online and less personal since everyone can see it.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I have a LiveJournal..I write in it all the time. It's nice to have a place to vent my feelings, and my friends can read it and understand how I feel and offer me comfort and advice on what to do about them. It's just nice to have a place to vent.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Iono because people like to feel that someone is interested in their everyday life? I use mine to write down my random thoughts that make me laugh in retrospect. Usually...

Here's my xanga if you're interested.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=CyberDragoon

lifini

lifini

the blue moon warrior

i keep a blog. ^_-
mostly i started writing in it because i didn't have a regular paper notebook to write in... i've kept constant diaries since... forever. (but that's just me...) at first, none of my friends knew that my blog even existed, but then i sent them the address and wow... things changed. letting them read my blog was like letting them into my head, which was (and continues to be) scary, but necessary. i use my blog because it's my own little way of letting my trusted friends know what i'm thinking and feeling. a diary gone public, which a pretty strange concept actually. there's some things that i won't put in there now that people are actually reading it... but it is fun to receive comments and let people in on things they normally would not be aware of. but if you're only going to write a sentence a day, it's not really worth it.
thumbs up for blog-ness!
or as my father says: "blobbing."

^._.^ lifini

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by CyberDragoonIono because people like to feel that someone is interested in their everyday life? I use mine to write down my random thoughts that make me laugh in retrospect. Usually...
Here's my xanga if you're interested.
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=CyberDragoon

That has to be the longest, most indepth questionaire I have ever seen. Scary. O_O Lol!

I have a Xanga and like AngelKate said, it's great for venting feelings. I bitch on mine quite often. I like to type and it's pretty therapuetic when I don't want to bother anyone else with my problems, They can choose not to read. ~_^

And like Lifini said, it's great to let friends in on what's going on. In my case. my friends back in America read mine to keep up to date on what's going on in my life since we don't get to talk very often.

Mine' s not there to impress anybody.

Hmm, never occurred to me do blog on my part. I'm too boring and writing is not favorite pastime. ^_^'

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I keep a blog for myself mainly. I use it sometimes to make announcements to my friends. And really, 10 years from now I want to be able to go back and read my life. :D

http://odedonlife.livejounal.com

And I like making it pretty. :}

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i blog because i can type faster than i can write in my regular journal and it's more legible. i don't usually blog for others to read it i just write about my day (in xanga) and my emotions (in LJ)

and yes i have an LJ and a xanga. why? b/c my xanga became to public so i use LJ to write everything that i can't put in the xanga.

Signature Image

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by SuniraI keep a blog for myself mainly. I use it sometimes to make announcements to my friends. And really, 10 years from now I want to be able to go back and read my life. :D
http://odedonlife.livejounal.comAnd I like making it pretty. :}

Your link wouldn't work, got a 403.... ^_^;; *wanted to see the prettiness*

It'd be sweet if they stuck around for that long though, the blogs I mean, without the site going under or something. O_o

SilverBlue

SilverBlue

BloodyCrystal

I have an lj which i check frequently but not update as frequently - i try to have like one entry per week or so... It's a nice place to get to know people who share similar interest, as well as keep up with other people's lives!!!

Signature

ashleydean90

i love monkeys >.<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also understand what you trying to say but what's the point of writing someting you have donw all day and let everyone know how you were doing all day. Why don't you just keep it to your self I think sometimes it's not good to tell many other people your business

anime is my life ^.^ but i love monkeys^^ (meow)

hehe... a blog is like a place where i can talk to myself because no one else is willing to listen ^^ helps relieve some things that are on my mind... I only write one sentence journals occasionally, while at other times just ramble about whatever.. then, i do surveys and quizzies and stuff ^o^;

Signature Image

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I do. It is my main internet political outlet.

I am invincible!

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by BorisGrishenkoI do. It is my main internet political outlet.

Political outlet, that's an original use. Very cool! =^_^=

Samika

Samika

Homonculous

Blogs are fun... except for the people who use l337 and the abbreviations, NON stop. >_< How can they type like that? Can they read it afterwards?

"If I'm as pure and straight as you say... It's because you're at the end of my path." ~ Parfait Tic
"The hardest thing to endure, is to live in a world without out you in it." ~ Autumn in My Heart
"In my heart, there is an equation... 'Someone my friend likes=Some one that has nothing to do with me.' Thats why."- By the Lotus Leaves

i keep a livejournal; i made it after i moved to uni - theyre still at school. so its instead of emailing them all seperately, basically, and they can all read it and know whats going on.

fabismine

fabismine

Aladdin+Anime

I used to have a blog, but I had so many problems expressing my real feeling on it that I decided to close it down forever... I wish no one had ever read what I wrote...

Signature

I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be...

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by fabismineI used to have a blog, but I had so many problems expressing my real feeling on it that I decided to close it down forever... I wish no one had ever read what I wrote...

Maybe if it would have been a anonymous blog? Sorry if things turned out bad for you. :(

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

i do blogs once awhile. when i really have something to share out with, to express my feelings~ and usually when something interesting happened on the day XD
hahahaha, i dont find any bad points in bloggin!

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

heh~ there was a thread already http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/19854/
but this one has more posts ^^ mm its interesting how sometimes people write very personal things in a very public place (blogs). It's like.. peeking into other people's lives without having to actually communicate with them since they have it available for your already. It's convenient in a way. Plus writing things down can be therapeutic, so the person writing it might have something to get out of blogging.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

A thread on this topic was made just a few days before this one was created. . .

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/19854/

Remember to search before creating threads in the future.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.