Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do U think about long distance relationships? - Minitokyo

What do U think about long distance relationships?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

MagaOscura

MagaOscura

Anime Freak

Well... lets supose (yeah, It has happened to me) U know a boy/girl in a chat, forum, msn, etc, the two of you fell in love but the thing is.... You are from the country X, and he/she is from the country Y .-. far far away.... do U think things may work, even in that situation?

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

to me, there's nothing wrong with a LDR, so long as both of us had personal interaction with each other. the thing is, we have different preferences, and i really don't dig relationships in chatrooms. but yeah things like this do happen, and for me, if one of you got the time and money (it'll be damn better if its the man who'll do this), why not travel and visit her or something so you can at least get to know her well, coz i'm telling you dude, love ain't love without touch and affection..

better get used to cybersex then. :-)

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

hmmm....maybe! as long as we have a will.

Pride comes before the fall

MagaOscura

MagaOscura

Anime Freak

Quote by DoggyDaddybetter get used to cybersex then. :-)

there is not about cybersex >.> nothing to do with it =( just dont think that

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Nope. I see it on soap operas ALL the time...
j/k.
Hey, if both of you wanna make it work, its gonna work!
Don't worry about it!

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

I know what you mean. In that case you know there is someone in the world for you and perhaps some day you will meet him/her. After all hope is based in love.
Or just look for a local boy/girl and problem result.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I'm in a long distance relationship with a girl 900 miles away from me. I don't want to risk going for another girl after 3 months of talking to the girl and getting to know her greatly. She is the sweetest thing I know, and I will be quite sad if I lose the girl because of some circumstance. In fact, I probably would give up searching for a girl if that happens.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

baker91

baker91

The Army Otaku

me and my wife had a long dis realtion ship for a long time lookin bout a yr and a half due to deployments....were both in the army... but we made it work and we got married this past fall and ive never been happier in my life so yes long dist realtionships can work if you both are will in to make the sacrifice

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Distance has little relevance in a relationship, unless you allow it to dampen your commitment to each other.

So long as you love each other, then it's all fine. Many people's loved ones live hundreds, if not thousands of miles away. I love a girl who lives across the Atlantic in France. Yes, it's difficult not to see one another but there are other ways to stay in touch. :)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Quote by MagaOscura

Quote by DoggyDaddybetter get used to cybersex then. :-)

there
is not about cybersex >.> nothing to do with it =( just dont
think that

Just kidding.

I don't know if this counts as we never had or had any intention of such a relationship, but there was a girl I talked to over a chat room once for a short time, not enough to even get to know each others names, but we did exchange email address. We have been e-mailing each other on and off for 8 years now. We have been exchanging post cards, birthday presents, (and more than a few failed love stories from her side) for a while now. and last christmas she actually came and visited me for 2 days. Best 48 hours in my life I have to say.

But still I have to say that I don't think long distance relationships work. There was a time when love is supposed to be unreachable, when poets wrote and sang about the princess on the tower. That time has passed.

It is a different thing to meet and get separated, it is another meet someone new over the internet. The former required dedication and sacrifice, the latter requires a minor miracle.

Probably redundant to say this, but this is only my opinion. And since I personally haven't experienced such a relationship, my opinion probably doesn't count for anything.

In the end, do whatever you wish. It is your life afterall. With things like this, it shouldn't matter what others think. This opinion should be taken into consideration.

loner7148

loner7148

evil intent

if you really care about them then... no...

~abashed, the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is~

Ace7388

Ace7388

Pervert

It happened to me once...it didn't turn out too well. When we finally met eachother, it felt really weird. So I'm just going to be safe and say it works only when you actually meet the person first, but maybe it's just me. I try to stay away from online relationships, but that's just me. Maybe it'll work for you, just my opinion.

Signature

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

I hate long distance romances, but I have a few long distance friendships.

I hate it when my girlfriend goes away. She once left on a business trip for almost a week and I spent every night sleeping on her side of the bed in a sleep shirt of hers.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

My own experience, the long relationships, never end well :( . But it´s so funny ^^

aeiifreakazoid123

aeiifreakazoid123

Obey the 10-year-old teacher!

I think a long distance relationship is as good as any relationship is. Just because you guys are far away doesn't mean you can't do things together. If you're rich you can both meet somewhere and go out on a date. If not then just save up on money. My mom and dad meet this way, not by internet but by letters (there was no internet back then ~_~ ).

Quote by DoggyDaddyThere was a
time when love is supposed to be unreachable, when poets wrote and sang
about the princess on the tower. That time has passed.
It is a different thing to meet and get separated, it is another meet
someone new over the internet. The former required dedication and
sacrifice, the latter requires a minor miracle.

It probably is better to meet someone first in physical form but I don't think there is a difference how you first get to know the person, just how it comes out.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Heyo. . .

Here's an existing thread on the topic: http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/17578/

Don't neglect the poor Search box. . . don't worry, it won't bite!

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.