Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's your favorite novel ? - Minitokyo

What's your favorite novel ?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Ceridwen

nyang nyang

What do you like read ? Have you a favorite novel or novelist ?
I read essentially fantasy.
I'm fan of Terry Pratchett's novels. It's really so fun to read ! Especially the Discworld's stories. There's always many good characters ^^
I've read Amber's cycle from Roger Zelazny and it was good too.
So what about you ?

Member of :
#JapaneseLover# | #French-Tribu#
Signature
my own anime goodies >> there <<

SilverBlue

SilverBlue

BloodyCrystal

Feist ^_^

Signature

I don't read very often, but I really liked "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold, or "White Oleander" by Janet Fitch. (The latter also had a movie.)

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It's a must-read. I swear...holy crap man, that book inspires me.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Quote by CeridwenI've read Amber's cycle from Roger Zelazny and it was good too.

yeah that's a fav, though i do prefer the first 5 to the others.
on top of that you can add all tolkien's books, isaac asimov "robots" work, CJ Cherry "Cyteen" and the cycle of the "gates"
plus "lorenzacio" by Musset, and many more, like milton's poems, right now i'm reading "thus spake zarathoustra" by nietzche, doesn't seem to be a bad book neither ^_^
and jules verne's book
etc... etc.... blahblah ^_^'
i'm a bookophile XP

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I like novels by Nora Roberts...she's a romance novelist. Also a little bit fantasy..she has one trilogy where she writes about witches, and another set of two books that involves time travel...but mostly she focuses on romance. She's really good. ^_^

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Ceridwen

nyang nyang

We love the same books Anjhurin ^^
i prefer the first 5 books from Amber too
I've read some CJ Cherry too. It was heroic fantasy, with a warrior girl who travel in the time with sort of doors. I don't remember the titles of the trilogy but it was good.
And Lorenzaccio from Musset was very good too ^^ I learned it at school.
I don't know others' novelists sorry. Please give some explanations. Maybe it gives me the envy to read them ^^

Member of :
Signature

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Quote by CeridwenWe love the same books Anjhurin ^^i prefer the first 5 books from Amber too
I've read some CJ Cherry too. It was heroic fantasy, with a warrior girl who travel in the time with sort of doors. I don't remember the titles of the trilogy but it was good.
And Lorenzaccio from Musset was very good too ^^ I learned it at school.

the CJ Cherry books you read were "the well of Ivrel", "the pit of Shiuan" and the "Fires of Azeroth"..... my father have them in limited edition. btw i wanna add that she wrote a 4th one which kinda conclude the saga of the white liyo Anjhurin (thus my name........ snif so glad finally someone who knows the book that my aka is from *hugs* XP ), and it's called "the gate of exil" (la porte de l'exil)
you don't know isaac asimov? well he's the guy who wrote the oh so famous 3 rules of the robots : a robot cannot harm a human. a robot must obey to humans, according with rule 1. a robot must protect his own existence according to rules 1-2 ^_^...... he's really a great writer, who really did made the robot intelligence thing :)

if you want something to read that i loved, it's cyteen from CJ cherry : a science fiction book with robots, politics, and it's pretty awesome. 2 tomes
i've also read a lot of stephen king's book (especially "ca", the green line, the tommyknockers, etc....)
there's also maleville from robert merle which is a post nuclear war book...... and it's pretty unusual since it's nothing like mad max, but morea return to agriculture and life without all the modern stuff ^_^

that's it for now, i'll browse my little bookshelves to find more :pacman:

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I guess I'm more attracted to the older classics than modern fiction, not to say I don't like some contemporary books as well.

But my favorite will have to be David Copperfield by Dickens and Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. The stories just really appealed to me.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

AdventChild

AdventChild

Second Rate Ninja

Redemption of Althulus by David Eddings. Possibly the best book ever written in the fantasy genre.

SHURIKEN SHURIKEN

Hm.. XD I like the heroic fantasy stuff, too. David Gemmell - Legend was great. Then, I also liked his Lion of Macedon duology.

But my favourite author/book would have to be Markus Zusak - the Messenger. A beautiful, poetic read. Totally down-to-earth in style. I adore his works. ;)

AdventChild

AdventChild

Second Rate Ninja

There's always the DaVinci Code by Dan Brown w00t!. Lol. That book interesting.

SHURIKEN SHURIKEN

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

For me, the best novels were the Nights Dawn Trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton :) .

Quote by AdventChildThere's always the DaVinci Code by Dan Brown w00t!. Lol. That book interesting.

It appears everyone I know is reading that book.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

fsn

Quote by CeridwenWhat do you like read ? Have you a favorite novel or novelist ?
I'm fan of Terry Pratchett's novels. It's really so fun to read !
Especially the Discworld's stories. There's always many good characters
^^
I've read Amber's cycle from Roger Zelazny and it was good too.
So what about you ?

heh, lol i luv Terry Pratchett`s Discworld too :D but my favorite is the trilogy "Neuromancer" - "Count Zero" - "Mona Lisa Overdrive" by William Gibson. others too.

+ personal motto: Japanese Thinking, Otaku Creating.
+ member of:
__ForceFirefox! ~ Ecchi-Club ~ Pantheon ~ JapaneseLover
__Make-A-Friend ~ Section 9 ~ Elfen-Lied-Junkies ~ EVA-Children
+ kiss my GNOME-ish: foot
+ wallpaper in progress, stand by.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by CeridwenWhat do you like read ? Have you a favorite novel or novelist ?

i read a lot of fantasy too, among everything else! i love to read! i like hickman & weiss's Death's Gate series and the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. i also love mystery novels by Agatha Christie and Arthur Conan Doyle. by far my favorite novels right now are historical fiction novels, "the samurai's garden" by Gail Tsukiayama and "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden.

Signature Image

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

My favourite book right now is "the last jury" by John Grisham, but I like to read all kinds of books. I think I actually prefere romance.
Anyone with good romance books?
(But not the kind where the girl fell for the poor guy. I have no idea why taht is romantic)

Signature

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Cryptonomicon, by Neal Stephenson

I am invincible!

I like fantasy books... sometimes a little romance wouldn't hurt too. :)

Two tear drops were floating down the river. One teardrop said to the other, "I'm the teardrop of a girl who loved a man and lost him. Who are you?"..."I'm the teardrop of the man who regrets letting a girl go..."

~ Takarninaha Bakathique Kharrguelian Kaciama Tzernkaellan

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Too many to list...

Brownie the Cat

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

My fav novel.... hmm... ive read a few books... the hobit... was one of my favs... really enjoyed that..

Signature
|||||||||||| SnoW-KreW | Macky-Media | TheGrungeFamily |OmegaAnime |Aspiring-Mafia |||||||||||

Representing the Aspiring Mafia in W.A.R

Ceridwen

nyang nyang

lol sadotsu ^^
Yes I know Asimov Anjhurin, I was talking about writters from other posts ^^
And it was these books from CJ Cherry, you're right
I like classics too, EternalParadox. My favorites are always fantastic writters like Edgar Allan Poe or Theophile Gautier. Some of their stories are really frightening.
I've read some Christie and Doyle's novels too and it was good :)
And the Tolkien's books were a revelation for me when I was child ^^

Member of :
Signature

d00d34

d00d34

The Self Saviour

Sole Survivor by Dean Koontz. This THE book if you want intense suspense in your books.
I also like Dan Brown, good books there with all this history and symbolism.
As a genre, I love sci-fi books, especially the Dune series. Cant wait for the next book in the Bulterian Jihad series.

Signature
Ours is not to reason why, but to do or die.

ohmygoshainuyasha

ohmygoshainuyasha

Don't make me think.

I love too many novels to have a favorite!

Lelviza

Lelviza

just have fun!

I like very much fantasy! My most favorite book is: The wheel of time, of Robert Jordan!!
It's so great XP ! Actually I don't like read (except manga XP ) but this book, those books (there are 12 volumes in America and 24 in France..^_^'.) are really great and funny!!
Very good story and characters! I advice it to you if you like fantasy (the first book contains only few actions but the following ones are excellent!) XD

sorry for my bad english....

Don't forget I believe in you, that I'm here for you...
Don't forget to be yourself...cause I will take part of this dream with you

* French Tribu *

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.