Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Thoughts on Sex before marriage Pt.2 - Minitokyo

Thoughts on Sex before marriage Pt.2

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Now. I do know that this is a duplicate thread but I do plan to try and bring up more detailed topics and such. So mods please, take that in to concideration.
Original Thread

Also, beware this does have some "mature" content if it bothers you, I apologize.

Anyways, the past few weeks have been harsh for many people I know. ANd a close family member had spoken of a failed relationship he had, he spoke of how this girl he was with was "experienced" in this field. He said that one of the things that would may have made their marriage a failed one was teh fact that she may have had higher expectations and that if he could not please her in that way she may have tried to go out and find another "source" for it. After they split up (for many other reasons) he realized that he would much rather find someone to be with who was "pure" and that way they could share that experience on their wedding night and it would be more special.

In my opinion it would most likely be better to wait. Because I have noticed many times that couples who have had sex before marriage usually end up splitting up before marriage because sooner or later they became "bored". I also don't support breaking up with your partner because you were bored... it truthfully shows how close they really were but that is off topic.

So some questions to think of would be:

Would you/have you had sex before marriage?
Do you think you made the right choice? (those who may apply to the first question)
If you are a virgin and your boyfriend/girlfriend is not, does that bother you?
Have you split up with a girlfriend/boyfriend after having intercourse? (or know anybody who has?)

I may have left out a few questions so be sure to bring up any topics as to keep the conversation going.

Signature

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Quote by narutofan92
Do you think you made the right choice? (those who may apply to the
first question)
If you are a virgin and your boyfriend/girlfriend is not, does that
bother you? Have you split up with a girlfriend/boyfriend after having
intercourse? (or know anybody who has?)
I may have left out a few questions so be sure to bring up any topics
as to keep the conversation going.

1. No, I havent slept with my boyfriend of 4 years. Its a choice we've made, and its really strengthened our relationship more than weakened it like some people believe sexless relationships are..
2. Yes, I strongly feel it is the right choice.
3. The relationship that matters is now. If he slept with someone else before me, but still respected my need to wait until marraige, then it wouldnt bother me at all. If however he felt that he didnt want the relationship without sleeping with me first, then I wouldnt waste my time on him. It would however be nice if we could both share a first time together on our wedding night. Actually, I would much prefer to date a virgin like me. Its good that I am then huh? lol.
4.Well, since I am a virgin by choice so no. :}

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Quote by narutofan92Would you/have you had sex before marriage?

Not a chance; I believe in purity until marriage, and complete loyalty (faithfulness?) to the one person you've committed the rest of your life to.

Quote by narutofan92Do you think you made the right choice? (those who may apply to the first question)

Yeah, I think so, for various (and numerous) reasons.

Quote by narutofan92If you are a virgin and your boyfriend/girlfriend is not, does that bother you?

Yes, I am a virgin, and I plan to stay that way. I don't have a boyfriend, so that can't really bother me...but I know that it would, if I had one. If he had previously done something like that, he might not understand my feelings about it, and continually try to push the issue with me (which would get the relationship "terminated", to put it nicely).

Quote by narutofan92Have you split up with a girlfriend/boyfriend after having intercourse? (or know anybody who has?)

Nope, never had "intercourse" with anyone before...and I may know someone who has, but not to my knowledge (meaning that they kept it a secret).

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

I can´t really say I´m against it because I don´t really think of it as wrong, Ibelive when true feelings support the relationship, having sex won´t be a cause for a possible failiure.
As for me I do belive it is best to wait since because I belive there are greater things in life than sex and I´d rather spend the time I share with my partner getting to know her and making her happy, again, I don´t think of it as a wrong choice I just wouldn´t do it

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

As it stands, it isn't likely that I'll be having any sex before marriage. Sure, for some people, sex may really invigorating early in life, but it will serve no purpose if later on you leave the person you had sex with. However, if people wait until marriage to have sex, then it is likely that a relationship will be much more consummated.

Quote: Do you think you made the right choice?

I know I made the right choice. I do not plan on risking to get a woman pregnant before time, then I would have to go to work to pay for child support. Thus, that would eat away lots and lots of time I can use to actually be with a nice girlfriend and go to other places to have fun. A great time to get to know someone is in college. During this time, you are able to discuss the future plans since you do not have to worry about jobs.

Quote: If you are a virgin and your boyfriend/girlfriend is not, does that bother you?

Actually, it would greatly bother me. I do not want any STDs passed down to me. I would like to know prior to going into a relationship if the girl I want to talk to previously had a boyfriend. However, there are some people who wouldn't care if I was a virgin or not, but I do not promote sleeping with other girls if they slept with someone else.

Quote: Have you split up with a girlfriend/boyfriend after having intercourse?

I was never in a relationship before, but I am looking towards having a relationship right now, only if I receive some more feedback from her parents. I know the relationship would last after that. Otherwise, I have a close friend here near home who broke up with his girlfriend after he had sex with her. At first, the both of them were in love, and sex came naturally. However, later on in the relationship, the girl cheated on my friend. He's in another relationship right now, so his new girlfriend may have to risk getting a disease.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Quote by CronoCDTI can´t really say I´m against it because I don´t really think of it as
wrong, Ibelive when true feelings support the relationship, having sex
won´t be a cause for a possible failiure.
As for me I do belive it is best to wait since because I belive there
are greater things in life than sex and I´d rather spend the time I
share with my partner getting to know her and making her happy, again,
I don´t think of it as a wrong choice I just wouldn´t do it

I don't want anybody to mistake what I meant, just in case anyone has. I don't feel it is a "wrong" choice to sleep with someone before marriage. I've just been noticing that for some that choice doesn't quite turn out so well. So I just think some should steer clear of it.

Quote by Sunira
1. No, I havent slept with my boyfriend of 4 years. Its a choice we've
made, and its really strengthened our relationship more than weakened
it like some people believe sexless relationships are..
2. Yes, I strongly feel it is the right choice.
3. The relationship that matters is now. If he slept with someone else
before me, but still respected my need to wait until marraige, then it
wouldnt bother me at all. If however he felt that he didnt want the
relationship without sleeping with me first, then I wouldnt waste my
time on him. It would however be nice if we could both share a first
time together on our wedding night.
4.Well, since I am a virgin by choice so no. :}

I've never heard of people saying that sexless relationships become weaker. Or more so, I dno't think i've heard of it. But now that you say that I can already picture what a person would say, and how they would defend it. They would probably say that it's a way to get "closer" to your other. I guess in some literal ways it's true but all in all I've not seen this work as a plus for a relationship.

Another question: Has anybody seen ( or experienced) sex before marriage and had it help your relationship? And if so, why do you think that is?

Quote by CLAMPchicNot a chance; I believe in purity until marriage, and complete loyalty (faithfulness?) to the one person you've committed the rest of your life to.

You know something. That also brings up another question. Although I think i'm overcrowding this thread with questions but:

Why do some people concider not having intercourse before marriage as "pure" or "clean"?

Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I have not and will not have sex before I marry.

i feel very glad that I have made this choice. I want to save myself for someone very special, and having sex with every man I date just doesn't feel right to me. Sex is a very special thing and giving it to just anyone is not something I'm willing to do.

It doesn't bother me if my boyfriend has had sex before, but he has to respect my decision to wait from this point on, unless of course we get married.

And the last question doesn't pertain to me XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

PikaMoon

PikaMoon

***star gazer***

Hmm...personally...I totally don't support sex before marraige. As a Christian, and even if I wasn't, I don't think it's right. That experience should be treasured and special. After you do it with a billion other guys/girls, what's so special about marriage? >.<

So, in regards to your questions:

1. Would you/have you had sex before marriage?
No I would not have sex before marriage.
2. If you are a virgin and your boyfriend/girlfriend is not, does that bother you?
Hmm...yes...it kinda would bother me. Would prefer if not had sex before.

The other questions don't really pertain to me...^.^;;

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

nope, i feel like keeping myself pure for the one i love. That is something i feel very strongly about, no matter what others might say.

Quote by narutofan92Do you think you made the right choice? (those who may apply to the first question)

Well, according to me i did ^^ and it really is up to each person, so based on my beliefs, i made the right choice. there are many problems that can arise from having sex early, and i'd rather not get into them.

Quote by narutofan92If you are a virgin and your boyfriend/girlfriend is not, does that bother you?

hmm, i think that would bother me. It'd just be a weird feeling, since i would have saved myself and he hadn't....>_< that wouldn't be good.

Quote by narutofan92Have you split up with a girlfriend/boyfriend after having intercourse? (or know anybody who has?)

Never split up with anyone before so...and besides, never had sex, and won't til i'm married anyways.

Signature

Rizov

Rizov

Just wasting time...

I admit that marrying or even dating a girl that has had sexual relationships before is frustrating and sometimes I can't get it out of my mind. But then again I would never marry a girl I haven't slept with. A relationship is a combination of mind and body (at least for me, maybe because I am male but there are girls that feel the same) and I can't chose my life partner if I don't know we are compatible in both.

Signature

Q. Would you/have you had sex before marriage?
A. No freaking way. And among my friends, I am the only virgin.

Q. Do you think you made the right choice? (those who may apply to the first question)
A. Most definitely. There is no further elaboration really. Even if I loved a girl so much, I wont be as reckless as many to have sex with her. I love her, but I can show it in different ways other than sex.

Q. If you are a virgin and your boyfriend/girlfriend is not, does that bother you?
A. In a way, yes it does. It makes me wonder if my wait will be worth my while. I mean, she is my girlfriend. But, she was a slave to faithless lust once, it doesnt create a decent image in my head that she succumbed to it so easily.

Q. Have you split up with a girlfriend/boyfriend after having intercourse? (or know anybody who has?)
A. Yep. My friend has. He had a girlfriend that was SO friggin' sweet! They had sex every 3 days (3-4 sessions in 9 hours). Soon enough (1 months or so), they broke up.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Would you/have you had sex before marriage? No.
Do you think you made the right choice? Absolutely.
If you are a virgin and your boyfriend/girlfriend is not, does that bother you? Never would have happened.
Have you split up with a girlfriend/boyfriend after having intercourse? no

I am invincible!

sex before marriage? Yes!

people rush to get marriage because of first sex on the night of their marriage.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by narutofan92
Do you think you made the right choice? (those who may apply to the
first question)
bother you?
Have you split up with a girlfriend/boyfriend after having
intercourse? (or know anybody who has?)

- I won't have sex before marriage, even though the urge is tidal high, but that's the true nature of every human beings. To overcome that means a big success in life. i don't really see the connection with religion boundaries, since I'm not that religious anyway ^_^' And the more you put back your urge, the greater it will feel when the time comes :D ooo.. I hope there's no underages reading this..
- Of course, but I don't judge other ppl by my own decisions. I wouldn't say that it's wrong for ppl to do it before marriage... that's entirely up to them.
- If she's not a virgin anymore, I don't care, as long as I know these points directly from her : when did it happen, with who, how did it go, why did she do it, what did she do exactly. As simple as 5w+1h
- I haven't got an intercourse, so this question doesn't apply to me. But I know some of my friends who did. Mostly, they broke up because of some ridiculous unsatisfactory in their sexual life (they should read Kama Sutra LOL XD ), some boredom in their relationship (well, I admit, sex is one of the most interesting point in achieveing marriage life), and because one of them decided to have a variation and do it with someone else. Yeah, that's called a sex affair. Some common stuff, eh? :)

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Quote by SonicWindsex before marriage? Yes!

people rush to get marriage because of first sex on the night of their marriage.

I dont think thats true at all. Ususally the people who feel the rush to be sexually active have sex before marraige, not after.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

1. I won't have sex before marriage. Period. And it's not because of any religious scruples either. I simply believe that one's virginity is a precious thing that only the special someone can have.

2. Yes. I am happy with the choice I made. That won't change.

3. I will be okay with it if she talks genuinely about it with me. If she can sincerely share that bit of her past, then I can look past it.

4. N/A. But I've seen way too many pregnancies and subsequent heartbreaks.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Yes.

No.

Sex is sex. Terribly overglorified. Saving your virginity until marriage doesn't guarantee anything except that you're going to be sore during your honeymoon. There is always the possibility that either partner will move on, cheat, even get killed.

Personally... I'm saving it for somebody. No religious meanings or any of that until-marriage crap. I just find the thought of letting an utterly repulsive man getting his paws on me utterly repulsive.

As for this....

Quote by narutofan92In my opinion it would most likely be better to wait. Because I have noticed many times that couples who have had sex before marriage usually end up splitting up before marriage because sooner or later they became "bored".

That's from your own observations and holds no grounds. Take a psychology course; I think my teacher stated it rather blatantly once; "Men get sick of waking up to the same woman everyday." Of course, not all men do this. But there is a thrill in having sex with another person other than one's spouse. Not only is it a change from the norm, but there is a thrill from the thought of being caught. Yes, a cheating spouse's worst nightmare is also one of the biggest thrills.

Quote by RizovI admit that marrying or even dating a girl that has had sexual
relationships before is frustrating and sometimes I can't get it out of
my mind. But then again I would never marry a girl I haven't slept
with. A relationship is a combination of mind and body (at least for
me, maybe because I am male but there are girls that feel the same) and
I can't chose my life partner if I don't know we are compatible in both.

Hmm. I've heard opinions such as yours before. Actually It kind of makes sense in a way. I know many people who want to save themselves but fear that they won't be able to please their significant other on that day.

Quote by ArinamiWould you/have you had sex before marriage?
Yes.
bother you?

No.
Sex is sex. Terribly overglorified. Saving your virginity until
marriage doesn't guarantee anything except that you're going to be sore
during your honeymoon. There is always the possibility that either
partner will move on, cheat, even get killed. Personally... I'm saving
it for somebody. No religious meanings or any of that until-marriage
crap. I just find the thought of letting an utterly repulsive man
getting his paws on me utterly repulsive. .

Haha! Not for nothing but I truly have never heard such an opinion. But all in all it seems pretty true. But normally when people sleep with someone before marriage it's probably because they've gotten to know each other and trust each other (or drank too much) so all in all it probably won't be a "repulsive" person that you sleep with.

Quote by arinamiThat's from your own observations and holds no grounds. Take a
psychology course; I think my teacher stated it rather blatantly once;
"Men get sick of waking up to the same woman everyday." Of course, not
all men do this. But there is a thrill in having sex with another
person other than one's spouse. Not only is it a change from the norm,
but there is a thrill from the thought of being caught. Yes, a cheating
spouse's worst nightmare is also one of the biggest thrills.

I just said that out of observations. I also said that fully knowing that it had no grounds. So no need to get so offensive. But as you said, "men get sick of waking up to the same woman everyday" I totally forgot about that. Yes, I believe that in "some" cases that may be true. But not all. But what I meant was basically what you said. With the exception that they weren't married. And I just would hope that if they were to wait for marriage hopefully if they really love each other enough they will try to make their relationship stronger. Which in my "opinion" is one reason to wait till marriage. But as i've said before I think all these decisions depend on everyones own way of thinking. And I'm not really saying which is right or wrong. (been too redundant I apologize)

Signature

well 1. no i would not just becuse that was how i was brought up
2.yes i do
3-4 i cant say because i dont have a girlfriend but to no.3 would it bother me? yeah i guess it would just because.
but thats just me

Quote by narutofan92
So some questions to think of would be:
Do you think you made the right choice? (those who may apply to the first question)
Have you split up with a girlfriend/boyfriend after having intercourse? (or know anybody who has?)
I may have left out a few questions so be sure to bring up any topics as to keep the conversation going.

First I do not think that sex before marriage is a horrible thing. Sometimes you make a mistake. I do think that if two people intend to get married it is better to wait.

As for the first question, I must answer yes because I have. It is something that I would take back if I could. But that's in my past. So that also answers question number 2. When I was a virgin and I had a boyfriend that was not, it really did not bother me. He did not rub it in my face and never boasted about his past sexual experience. I have split with my ex-boyfriends whom I had sex with but not right after having sex. It was for other reasons but I will say that it complicated our relationship. I would not have been as hurt or angry had we never joined together in that manner.

Now with all that said. I do not see sex as bad. In fact I believe it is something beautiful shared between two people but I do think that it is a serious matter and should be discussed prior to letting emotions and feelings run wild.

Quote by ArinamiWould you/have you had sex before marriage?
Yes.

No.

Sex is sex. Terribly overglorified. Saving your virginity until marriage doesn't guarantee anything except that you're going to be sore during your honeymoon. There is always the possibility that either partner will move on, cheat, even get killed.

Personally... I'm saving it for somebody. No religious meanings or any of that until-marriage crap. I just find the thought of letting an utterly repulsive man getting his paws on me utterly repulsive.

My exact view (except the repulsive man part, I'm a guy so replace it with repulsive girl or something XD), I don't believe that someone else should tell me and my partner when we can and can't have sex, my only prerequisite is love, as long as I've been together long enough with, and close enough to my partner, I'm fine with pre-marital sex, just not in the sense that I'm gonna go around having sex for fun. To me, marriage doesn't prove love when it's just a ring, a few vows that barely anyone even pays attention to, and some documents. I'd rather my girlfriend tell me she loves me and give me a kiss than go through all that trouble. >_> People seem to get this false idea that the risk of cheating and what-not is erased when being married, my opinion is that sex won't feel any different with or without a ring on the finger, and like Arinami stated, it just makes for a sore honeymoon, not my idea of a romantic finish to my wedding day.

i'm definitely an advocate for waiting till after marriage to have sex. I've never caved into the mentality that's it's ok to do so and and i'm happy with the choice i've made.

"SING like no one's listening, DANCE like no one's watching, LOVE like you've never been hurt."

currently i do not have a boyfriend - my two past boyfriends i did not sleep with them.
i think i made the right choice in not doing so, becuase i did not love them (even though, at the time, perhaps i thought i did). also at the time, i knew i was not ready to have sex, so i didnt, and i'm very glad i made that choice, as i know that both my boyfriends would have only been too happy to oblige.
i dont think it bothers me that none of those boyfriends were virgins - it did mean however that i took it more deeply into consideration because obviously those relationships did not work out after their sex. i didnt want to be another of those girls. but, i didnt hold it against them that they had had sex either, especially when one of them admitted that it was a mistake.
i know many that have split up after having sex, but, in saying that...

i also know many people that have had sex, are still together, but are not married. i think its up to you if you have sex before marriage or not. i myself do not hold marriage very closely to my heart right now, i guess to me its just more important that you truly love that person. but, i do hold sex as very important for the first time, so even if people are not married, they should think carefully before doing so.
i guess to finish off id like to say that marriage isnt everything, but then neither is sex. both are important, sure, but although i dont think i will wait til im married, i will most certainly wait until i love someone, and if that someone desont come along for years yet, it wont change my mind.

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

Ok, going to try to tame this down a bit as I'm assuming (Sorry if I'm wrong) that I'm speaking to a younger crowd here. Take note this is from the perspective of a 25yr old guy...

As to the first question, yes. I've had sex with a few women and I'm still not married nor am I even engaged. I believe this to be a good thing for multiple reasons. First of all, I hate to inform all you virgins but the first time you have (Be you male or female) sex it will pretty much suck. If you are a women, it will most likely hurt; if you're a man, it will be extremely awkward. Don't worry it get's better with practice and time. Now that doesn't mean you go out and hook up with anything that walks, just means the more time you spend with that one partner and the more you communicate to them the better it will get. As for things getting tired and boring with the same person that's absolute bs!!! It does happen, don't get me wrong, but the reason being is the lack of communication between partners.

Communication is the biggest thing here and many people loose site of this. Sex isn't about getting off...ok well it can be, but if you are doing it with someone you care about it's about a great many things. Sex is one of the best ways to build trust and communication skills with your partner (Not saying you have to have sex to build this but it does help a great deal). Think about it for a second, when are you the most self conscious(spelled wrong...sorry) about yourself? Be you male or female, it is when you are naked. Now if you are able to express everything to your partner while naked, it makes things much easier to do it about other stuff in your relationship at any other point.

The other thing I am going to point out is sometimes sex just isn't good with a certain person no matter what you do to help it. It's just mechanics/physiolgical stuff...some people just don't work together.

As to another's sexual experience, it personally has no effect on me. I've been witha girl who (for lack of a better term) was a whore in high school and I've been with girls who were virgins. Doesn't matter, the first can teach you a great deal about yourself and about the opposite sex...the latter can teach you so much about yourself it's not even funny.

One of the most important things I will point out is, don't have sex with just anybody the first time. Trsut me, you will regret it... Make sure it's with someone you care a great deal about, makes the experience that much better. Don't rush into it...sex isn't that important, yes it's fun and it can teach you a lot, but so can just talking to the person. Be respectful of the other person and be smart, as Van Wilder said, "Don't be a fool, wrap your tool."

As to all those who disagree with me, that's completely fine. I actually understand and I respect those who willingly choose to remain virgins. It's a hard choice and it takes a lot of courage to follow through with it in this day and age. I personally do not see the point for myself. I've already walked the seperate path and I'm glad I did. It has taught me a great deal about myself and about others and it took me a while to find what I wanted in another person. Now, I have found it and wouldn't trade any of my past experiences...

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.