Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 E3'05 what do u think of the next gen consoles and the rivalry. - Minitokyo

E3'05 what do u think of the next gen consoles and the rivalry.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

I didn't get to go to the E3 Electronics Expo this year because of the lack of funds but i want to go next year if all goes well.

Now this thread is about the competiton between the Next Gen Sony PS3, Microsoft XBOX 360 and the Nintendo Revolution. It is said that sony swept away the competiton with the PS3 presetation but everyone is thinking on what the cost will be, the microsoft 360 presentation was a bit lacking had some interesting spots like the load of games coming out like Gears of War plus more to do with xboxlive and on the Nintendo Revolution not much was said but it will be able to play all the games ever put out by nintendo. i think i got all my info right if not let me know.

Now i'm a sony fan there is no doubt in my mind i will be getting the PS3 plus it's backward compatible and u will be able to play games all the way back to the psone and damn the graphics had me choked up almost cried damn, check out Kill Zone 2 and Devil May Cry 4 i hope sony ain't playing but i might have to get the 360 as well because they have some cool titles coming out exclusive for 360 like the Blue Dragon, Gears of Warand Halo 3

what are your views and if u couldn't get to E3'05 check out G4Tech t.v for highlights and specials.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

I m currently downloading Xbox and Nintendo conferences to build my own opinion about future consoles.

A soldier who takes blame for comrades who fall in battle is a fool. (c)

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Me too~~ crazy about sony product!!! :nya:

Sure i gonna go for ps3!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Just quickly went through Xbox Conference. It is definitely not as spectacular as PS3 one but there are things to think about.

I am going to go through it thouroughly tomorrow and will post the complete review of my impressions. :)

Liz

Liz

I'm as cold as it gets

am not sure but i do like the ps3 but i hve to do a bit more comparing to make a final judgement

Signature Image

"He who smiles the most carries greater the silent rage within." - Unknown

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

Yea i can bet a lot of people are doing research this time around to find out what is their ideal choice of the next gen consoles, the games and how much functions they have play a giant part in that decision...

Signature

rslgto

rslgto

Der Wille zur Macht

I haven't seen the N Revolution so I'll get back to you on taht one. In the end it's a choice between either Sony and Nintendo.

"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me!" - Fidel Castro

~Run Kasumi Run!~

PS3 all the way - it will be the most powerful system now, and it has the backing of all the amazing devlopers except two- bunjie and nintendo that's it, but with konami, namco, sony, -----------and the independent companies, the list just goes on and on- ps3 will definitely rule the next generation game world.

I think PS3 is the best one so far. The features just seems to be amazing. With wireless function, hdmi, USB ports, SD. Memory Stick, CF, 7 wireless controller! It also has online play like xbox. The hardware specs also seems to better than 360 in terms of raw power. Let's hope developers can really use the full potential of PS3 this time.

Nintendo seems to be hiding a lot of stuff. I think the secret of the revolution is about the controller (that's why they didn't show it). Nintendo's idea of free online gameplay definitely catches my attention. I really don't want to pay a fee every month for playing online. The money adds up quite quick and I don't have time to play often to make it worth it. I want something like Blizzard's battle.net (which is reliable and it's free!). The idea of downloading the last 20 years of Nintendo games to revolution is definitely a bonus!

XBOX 360 is definitely an improvement from xbox. But...besides more hardware power and more media fuction. It doesn't really interested me that much. The extra features (HD support, 4 USB, 4 wireless controller) doesn't seem to be as good as PS3. XBOX Live is still attractive for a lot of people, but I don't like to pay constantly for playing online. XBOX also don't have enough games from japanese developers (Probably the most important reason I don't like it as much as the other two).

Watched the conference videos.

I agree with ThFallingStar. We can definitely call PS3 a high-end product on a console market. They simply stunned everyone with the capabilities of PS3 hardware.

Xbox 360 can be a very strong competitor of PS3 in USA, because of their improved Xbox Live system. Taking into the account that they will release Xbox 360 earlier they as well may dominate multiplayer games for consoles market in USA. The graphics can be said not to be as good as on PS3, but I recon it can definitely match PS3, on early stages anyway. I said only USA because I think Microsoft will not be able to launch Xbox Live around the whole world straight away, the project is just massive! And I fear "the world" term will be restricted to Japan and USA.

Nintendo simply aren't ready to show anything. Whatever they said I do not think Nintendo will revolutionise anything. Most probably Nintendo: Revolution will be Game Cube Reloaded + Internet + Wi-Fi. There were some troubling sayings though. For example, "We plan to revolutionize game devolopment by making it as easy, quick and cheap as possible". This triggers alot of thoughts about the consequences of such a strategy. Or "Revolution will be as thick as 3 DVD Cases"... :) Although, I recon they didn't mean to have a hidden meaning in the latter. :)

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

btw for all the Sony fans there's a Sony fan group on MT:

http://groups.minitokyo.net/sony-fc/

we're all about brand loyalty :P

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

I think the 'main' clash would be between Sony and Microsoft. As Revolution would be on entirely different level.

XBOX360 :
Games : from some of the games they showcased, there aren't too many titles, actually... or in other words, the amount of games offered are not at par with Sony's. But rumors had it that Microsoft is giving Squaresoft technicians a 'test drive' of their new machine, development-wise. If Square were to make games for xbox360, I believe the tide will change direction and Ms will be advantageous.
Hardware : Of course, the CPU is slower than PS3's but it has a neato Co-Processor (similar to PC's), and ppl, XBOX is now powered by the brand new GPU from ATI. Good news is, that most games that are made from XBOX will be more likely to be ported (or released) for PC platform, or prolly enabling a true cross-platform compatibility (this is what XBOX tries to achieve by their first XBOX concept, but it hardly becomes reality.
First look : from the screens of the upcoming games, I am totally astounded by the graphical ability of this new beast. Take some titles into consideration : Quake4, Halo2, Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion. Those are enough reasons for me to start saving up. I was a big fan of Morrowind, the latest installment of Bethesda's ultra-realistic RPG, and I believe almost all ppl in the gaming world knows Quake and Halo. xbox360 will be the first console to showcase full programmable Pixel-pipeline in 64-bit precision, and unmatched post-process effects. It may not crunch and munch as much poly as PS3, but ATI's Truformâ„¢ wll be the answer to dynamic displacement maps and real-time 3D surface tesselation, and SmartShaderâ„¢ will make grass look soft and swaying naturally. (just take a look at Quake4, it's using a revamped engine of doom3 with all Dx.9.0c goodness)

PlayStation3 :
Games : The warehouse of games. I must say. Lots of titles, and most well-known titles from mostly Japan will swarm this new console. Lots of games selection and already-popular title means it wouldn't be difficult to find a game to your liking, and don't forget all the flashy titles such as Final Fantasy, Tekken, Breath of Fire and Star Ocean.
Hardware : A true monster... IBM has developed an ultra-fast chip known as the cell processor, and its terraflops count is jawdropping. PS3's cell CPU does all the job, from CPU, SPU and LCU. nVidia's introducing their newest GPU to power PS3, but their advanced features can only be achieved through cG instruction sets. As we all know, developers prefer to stay away from cG instruction sets because it will limit the compatibility and scalability of games. They have introduced cG since 2002, but GeForceFXs up to this day has not been used to their full extent.
First look : PS3 has lots of excellent games, and with an excellent range of genre and types. I am most amazed by Metal Gear Solid 4. Hideo Kojima is one of the ppl who can make a long-lasting appeal within a game serie. Final Fantasy XII is also one to look forward to.. I wouldn't want to miss it. But judging from the published shots, I'm afraid PS3's hardware is not used fully, or rather, developers prefer to still use PS2's spec in designing games, but they indeed increase the poly count and what not. The new Gran Turismo has great gameplay, but I don't think it will look significantly better than Project Gotham Racing. We'll have to wait for several months after the release to see the 'real' capability of this new console. For now, I think xbox360 still reign in graphic quality-wise.

Conclusion :
If you are a casual gamer who plays games for fun only, and don't really mind about the overall graphics power or stuff, I recommend PS3. It has lots of features, and game titles. :D
if you're a Final Fantasy fan, you know what to get.
If you're more leaned towards American style games, such as Quake, Halo, Morrowind, and battlefield, go get a xbox360. The superb graphics will make your PS3 friends envious. Trust me ;)
If you want to play a totally different one, try Revolution. It will be the most advanced console out there, lots of title selections, too.. such as Mario, Zelda (ooo sweet), Donkey Kong, Starfox, Metroid series.

As for me, I prefer (personally) xbox360, because I'm not that fond of Jap-style games too much, and I prefer graphics quality and massive gameplay of Quake4 compared to Metal Gear Solid, and Oblivion compared to Final Fantasy...

blargh... long post >_< gomen.

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

I did actually spot the difference between two PS3 and Xbox 360 game portfolios, however I couldn't identify the common difference between all the titles.

It does, to some extend, look as if it is explained by japanese/american game stereotype. Although, like all sterotypes it is not 100% like that. For e.g. World of Warcraft will be released on PS3. :)

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

i agree with Falling star the xbox is still a good system don't get me wrong but the PS3 is kicking ass sorry to the xbox fans.

i agree and disagree with Korganos, i agree with your break down of the 360 and PS3 in some aspects like in some games they look as if they still use the PS2 specs but aren't those continueation games from the PS2 line u are talking about, but mostly i disagree with the conclusion by the way u wrote this review i see that u are a xbox fan and that's cool but dude in your conclusion u said the superb graphics of the 360 will make your PS3 friends envy are u kidding hhaha have u seen GT4 and tekken 6, dude u can actually see the pores in the faces of the tekken charaters and the graphics in GT4 looks so real and smooth they look prerendered and the facial expressions on the new to come fight night look real and have u seen the engine and graphics in KillZone 2.

I can say one thing with square working with xbox they might become a heavier contender but hey don't get me like i said earlier i might end up getting both xbox only because of the titles coming out exclusively for 360 if not i would only get a ps3.

Signature

I will still say PS3 and Xbox 360. PS3 would probably still come on top since it beats Xbox in the field of game titles.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by Dragusu said the superb graphics of the 360
will make your PS3 friends envy are u kidding hhaha have u seen GT4 and
tekken 6, dude u can actually see the pores in the faces of the tekken
charaters and the graphics in GT4 looks so real and smooth they look
prerendered and the facial expressions on the new to come fight night
look real and have u seen the engine and graphics in KillZone 2.

Hmm.. actually, I wrote that PS3 has the power, I do admit that PS3's hardware is superior to X360's, but the current showcase of upcoming games doesn't show the full potential of it -yet-
I think the best time to compare apples to apples is when both consoles are already out in the market, and games for it are available.

XBOX game development is highly dependant on DirectX application programming interface. DirectX is Microsoft's standard for 3D-accelerated softwares, and maintain compatibility with PC. Most of XBOX games are built and actually tested on a super high-end PC before it is downsized and downsampled to fit the hardware specifications of the XBOX machine. This is why all xbox360 games that are going to be launched are mostly at its peak graphical achievements.. it's because they use the full potential of XBOX machines.

Sony's Advanced Emotion engine has a different approach. Because it mainly relies on a specific Sony's self-developed API, the game titles needs to be compiled and tested on a similar system as PS, and designed solely for that specific hardware limitations. This is why most of the showcased games aren't at their full potential, because developers are still doing trial-and-error to grasp the hardware abilities of PS3 rather than solely dealing with the programming stuff. Of course, when that true ability is unleashed, we will see something surpassing xbox360 in many cases, but we'll simply have to wait for that... at least for several months after the grand launching.

Yes, maybe I'm a little biased, but I'm not denying the fact that PS3 would be the most popular next-gen console,.. too bad both of the consoles don't share the same game titles :\

p.s.
I'm not overly satisfied with how GT4 looks... of course the gameplay is awesome and all, but the environment modellings are still too blocky for me eyes.
Tekken 6 has great graphics, but for overall feel, I think DOA4 will offer something real new (total environment interaction, dynamic backdrops, HD vision support, and of course, better poly collision detection) :)

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.