Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Controversy in TV and Anime - Minitokyo

Controversy in TV and Anime

page 1 of 1 16 total items

lacusklein83

lacusklein83

Songstress of Peace

Okay, this thing is that I say TV and Anime because this affects both. My sister and I were talking the other day about some stuff that's been going around the net lately. People are critizing certain cartoons and stuff for inplicating things such as homosexual relationships, cult worship, and other stuff like that. Here's two examples:

Spongebob Squarepants: Spongebob and Patrick take in a baby scallop (bird) and decide to be it's mommy and daddy. Homosexual?

Pokemon: Kind of old, but still going around. Pokemon was done from cult worship of pagan dieties.

Pokemon is considered anime, so that falls into that catagory to me. Also, I think this is why anime is looked down on a lot. For all Seed fans for example, they say GS and GS Destiny has suggestive themes. Okay, most of us know about Fllay laying in the bed by Kira's naked under the covers. And in Destiny, when Shinn rescues Stellar, there are shots of where her clothes are drying and her back and chest are bare. Needless to say, most animes have something of this nature.

So my thing is, what do you all think of all this? Are animes and cartoons too suggestive? My personal opinion, this is just a bunch of BS from sick minds who are looking for trouble. So again, what do you all think?

Signature Image
Banner courtsy of Duklyon Cafe

yeah...obviously a lot of anime is made for mature audiences, and like a rated R movie, they can do what they want...but my problem is with people saying that stuff about KID shows... wtf?! its sick that people want to sexualize somthing meant for children, when kids dont even(or shouldnt) think about that stuff yet....i never thought of Spongebob as promoting homosexuality until that old guy brought it up...he's in the closet if you ask me, and needs to loosen the hell up.

I dont think anime is suggestive. Anime shows human life and people living. People take showers and people change clothes so they are naked at times. People also have relationships and sex. They also believe in different religions and have different ways of worship. So its not showing anything that people dont do in real life everyday. Its just some people think that is bad and most of those people come from religion who believe sex is a sin and homosexuality is a sin. We cant help it and neither can the animators. Thats why in japan they have free rain and are able to show things like that cause they dont have a big religious influence on the government and television like the U.S. does.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

At, my age, i don't watch "little kids anime," by which I tend to mean things like yugioh, pokemon, and the sort.

The animes I watch are all intended for an older audience. Thus, they all have deeper themes, drama, and of course the bits of echi here and there. But because these anime are for older audiences, people who can actually think about what is shown and make a thoughtful judgment, it's all fine and dandy.

I truly do not see where Spongebob and homosexuality, and also other such ridiculous charges against Sesame Street, come from. Like ThaIsland212 points out, kids who watch these shows don't think about such things yet. They actually reflect what little kids do. There are 5-6 year olds finding a stray cat and deciding to be its mommy and daddy to take care of it as a form of fun. If it's a little boy and girl who play together alot and grow up together, does that mean they're having sexual relationships behind the doors? No. There's no "other meanings" in their playing as children do.

Really, what do these people come up with in their spare time??? -_-

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Quote by The-assholei think it´s true in part coz i think no all cartoons or anime series
are fo everyone fo example a kinda old one but Dragon ball i mean
that´s suposed to be a cartoon only for kids but we all know thats not
true ~_~ the thing is that parents think that all cartoons are for kids
also
southpark it is definetly not 4 kids and ONE important thing I HATE
HOMOSEXUALS
tAkE cArE eVeRyOnE And dont let oblivion catch you when youre asleep

your nickname is VERY fitting for you, LOL! XD XP

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by lacusklein83So my thing is, what do you all think of all this? Are animes and cartoons too suggestive? My personal opinion, this is just a bunch of BS from sick minds who are looking for trouble. So again, what do you all think?

I agree. People who take time in criticizing Spongebob watch it a lot and are just afraid to say they like it.... heheheehh

Same goes foe Pokemon. These kinds of people should really need to watch more [censored] if they're gonna say these things.

Just like Eric Cartman always say: "Shut up you buttlickers!!!" with feelings. That goes to all the people that defame our anime society.

Signature

That Spongebob episode wasn't promoting homosexuality. Spongebob and Patrick never kissed or done something of that sort.

It was promoting love for family and love for those you don't even know.

XD

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

Well, I don't really understand why people critisizing stuffs like that. This is anime, the world of fantasy where all dreams come true, there's nothing wrong with it. I would think that these people (I mean the critics) are just too ashamed of what's going on. And seriously, if they don't like that certain cartoon, why don't they just turn off the remote and buzz off? Mind their own business eh? Anime is made for entertainment!!! I don't know which guy out there is critisizing anime but man, think before you talk.

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

I honestly dont consider anime as "cartoons". Simply because of one reason. American cartoons dont have adult content, violence or nudity. And 99% of the time they dont even have a plot or follow a time line (ie. they do one episode at a time that has nothing to do with the previous ones). IMO anime is more like an animated movie. Sometimes it's 2 hours, and others it's 150+ episodes. If people dont like what they see on TV. they should just hit that button called "power". Solves the problem pretty quickly.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

There's controversy in anything that gets too popular. Computer games, heck even teletubbies were the target of contoversy. Anime is always targetted at a specific audience and shouldn't be seen as kid shows. I mean, its not all for kids. Some of it is quite ecchi, like I"s and shouldn't be watched by kids, imho. And spongebob promoting homosexuality? The guy who suggested it must be sorta nuts...

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

Yeah it is total BS, we call it censorship. don't let other people force censor anything just because it doesnt conform with their views, poltical, religious, moral, doesnt matter.

lacusklein83

lacusklein83

Songstress of Peace

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks it's a bunch of BS. Also, in case I wasn't clear, I don't consider anime as a cartoon. Just wanted to make sure everybody knew that.

Signature Image
Banner courtsy of Duklyon Cafe

AngelicRhapsody

AngelicRhapsody

Mmm...Yaoi...

In my opinion, it's just people with way too much time on their hands who feel the need to criticize anything that they don't like or understand...they really need to loosen up and grow up if you ask me.

Quote by The-assholeONE important thing I HATE HOMOSEXUALS

Why pray tell is this important? I have to agree with The Island 212...you're nickname is very fitting for you. Grow up please!

Apparently I had a momentary lapse of sanity which I have yet to recover from.

tsokolate

The Delirium Trigger

Just ignore those critics...

If you really want a thing, you dont have to be affected by BigMouths like them...

They only know how to criticize others but dont know how to criticize themselves...

I like pleasure spiked w/pain
Music is my aeroplane
It's my aeroplane
Songbird sweet and sour Jane
Music is my aeroplane
It's my aeroplane

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

These kind of things happen, people love talkin bs... I do not care for them. People with a good mind can differentiate good and evil accurately, so these critics do not affect me.

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.