Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Where will the advancement of video games end? - Minitokyo

Where will the advancement of video games end?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

my friends and i got to thinking...
at first... it was some cheezy .. but addicting game like Pong... then it grew into tetris and pac man. very simple games that an average java programmer can make these days

Now, we have ps2,xbox,and game cube, which have Terrific graphics! almost lifelike. have you seen the graphics for FFXI??? yes... truely magnificent.

Now, they are coming up with ps3, which is guarenteed to have even better graphics!!

The question comes up... where do You think video games will be like in twenty years???

There must be a limit to entertainment; if so.. where do you think it will be?

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

I think they will probably stop when people actually start dying when they get a game over...

Signature Image

lol... dying in a virtual reality.. that would bite

zoku88

zoku88

Resident Lolicon

Quote by krnboijellol... dying in a virtual reality.. that would bite

Ya, I'm sure that would.

I think video game advancement will end at full enviroment VR.

full environment vr... that would be so confusing to tell which is real life and which is VR

what is VR?

zimbarktehmesh

zimbarktehmesh

The Duke

Are you serious? VR is Virtual reality. Think Reboot, but in real life. Well... you get the picture.

I think that we will not be explicitly seen as video gaming per se, I think that as technology becomes more and more part of our lives it will be harder to distinguish gaming and participation (think interactive TV, where do you draw the line?).

We seem to be moving more and more into 'holodeck' mindset (and now i don't want star trek, but i thought its a good example). Have a look at Everquest and SimsOnline, very open gameplay, there are no real objectives rather it is played as an alternate life...

Whether we can go true VR is up to the technology (although i doubt we will have it in the the next 10 - 20 years, there are too many limitations... i mean if we cant do a simple 'force field' we cant have a true immersive VR). And don't even think of VR headsets, cos they quite frankly suck, the physical factors limit whatever potential the designers had originally in visioned, for example neck cramps, size of the room you are playing in (if we're talking about motion senseing (and if we're not then just stick your head up close to your monitor and you have instant VR headset)). If we want true VR we're going to have to interface with the mind directly and that brings up too many ethical issues, in this case VR is being held back not by tech but by society.

I think geeks of the world unite... we do the global domination thing, getting revenge on all the footy jocks who slag us off for playing VGs and make them play Barbie's Horse Riding for the XBox (cos no monstrosity like that would ever appear on the PS).

~ Save Bandwidth! Use a text siggy instead!

My Latest Walls:

Ethereal Summoner ~ Yuna & Valefor
Sunshine Girl //make you happy?

Quote by Alchemy101I think that we will not be explicitly seen as video gaming per se, I think that as technology becomes more and more part of our lives it will be harder to distinguish gaming and participation (think interactive TV, where do you draw the line?).
We seem to be moving more and more into 'holodeck' mindset (and now i don't want star trek, but i thought its a good example). Have a look at Everquest and SimsOnline, very open gameplay, there are no real objectives rather it is played as an alternate life...
Whether we can go true VR is up to the technology (although i doubt we will have it in the the next 10 - 20 years, there are too many limitations... i mean if we cant do a simple 'force field' we cant have a true immersive VR). And don't even think of VR headsets, cos they quite frankly suck, the physical factors limit whatever potential the designers had originally in visioned, for example neck cramps, size of the room you are playing in (if we're talking about motion senseing (and if we're not then just stick your head up close to your monitor and you have instant VR headset)). If we want true VR we're going to have to interface with the mind directly and that brings up too many ethical issues, in this case VR is being held back not by tech but by society.
I think geeks of the world unite... we do the global domination thing, getting revenge on all the footy jocks who slag us off for playing VGs and make them play Barbie's Horse Riding for the XBox (cos no monstrosity like that would ever appear on the PS).

are you saying that theoretically speaking.. we have the technology to tap into someone's mind and control what they imagine Today??

if so, then i wanna see more info on this... where did u hear this?

Ummm no i never said that. I said that for pure form immersion, you will need to 'tap' into peoples minds, otherwise all you're really getting is a very fancy monitor.

In terms of how far away we are from that, i say its a long way off BUT scientists have interfaced the visual cortex of the mind so that the visually impaired can 'see' shapes (albiet in black and white and with a resolution of 8 x 8 dots). There's also a scientist who has put a chip in his arm so that he can measure the 'messages' when he moves his arm that he records and replays (so that he can get his arm to twitch when he replays the 'message').

~ Save Bandwidth! Use a text siggy instead!

My Latest Walls:

Ethereal Summoner ~ Yuna & Valefor
Sunshine Girl //make you happy?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.