Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Many layers in making walls=alot of effort??! - Minitokyo

Many layers in making walls=alot of effort??!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Don't freeze...Just CHill!

I've been reading a number of post here and I think it's safe to say a lot of people here in MT assume that the more layers you devote to making a wallpaper makes it more credible or it required a tremendous amount of effort and skill.

I myself make it a point that I only use round 5-10 layers max in making a wallpaper or any computer art for that matter because I would like to focus on precission. I was trained this way by some expert artist as I am aspiring to be a professional cg artist one day. But that's just me :sweat:

So I am really wondering on what you guys think: Does it really have to take a lot of layers to make a wallpaper seem worked your butt-off to it? 0_o

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Some wallpapers might look real pro with only 2 to 5 layers, while the rest needs dozens of layers of effects and stock photo manip.
Usually, digitaly painted backgrounds doesn't have to be made by many layers, .. but it's nearly impossible to make techy or abstract stuff only by using 2 or 5 layers.... , so, it's more suited to a sceneric, or artistic cg'ed ones...
grunge and gothic wallpapers can range from several to hundreds of layers... I personally think it's the most flexible style of wallpapering...
So, the conclusion, it mainly depends on your style and your approach in walling... it's about personal preference...

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

In addition to KorganoS' comments, it also depends on how often you merge your layers. Personally I never try to merge layers and prefer to use layer sets instead, but some folks merge them when they've finished working on them, so their layer count would probably be lower then mine. Additionally, Illustrator has an entirely separate concept of layers, and comparing them to Photoshop layer count is quite silly - layers is merely a way to organize shapes; each shape can be put on a separate layer or all shapes can be on a single layer and their action will not change, you can still move and alter each one separately, especially if you expand a layer to see individual paths and shapes.
This is why I never say how many layers I use.
Plus, since I try to rename all my layers to something descriptive so the next day when I return to a work-in-progress I don't scratch my head and wonder what's going on, I'd have to manually count, and who wants to do that?

As the two said previously, layers can't always be associated to the complexity of the wallpaper. Although some people may dish out as many layers as possible to make them seem like an expert, It really depends on the type of wallpaper being made and how many is needed so one won't make an irreversible mistake.

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

As it has been said it depends from your personal preference. Personally since I mostly do scenic wallpapers I tend to have layers for every little element/shade organized in layer sets, that way I can tweak or change anything pretty quickly without having to redo a whole area just because of a minor mistake. Having many layers might show effort and might not show it as well, in the end it's the final result that matters, but remember that having layers organized always help you during the work in progress. ^_^

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by Heavyarms129good job i was told to do this! hope you continue to post good walls like this in the future! i dont know why i doing this

erm... dude.... you're posting the same line as in your gallery posts....
do it several more times, and I'm afraid I'd have to report you in for a mutement or even banment regarding spamming <_<

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

I don't mind actually having layers, i find it usefull having more layers than lmited no of layers.
The no of layers shouldn't be the matter i think.
The end product is what's the matter ^_^

icom158

It totally depends on what you're doing. I only tend to use layers for text and effects I have on the whole pictures, so i can quickly change blending modes. Although layers are good if you plan on making multiple variations on the same image.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.