Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do (or would) you do if there was a power outage? - Minitokyo

What do (or would) you do if there was a power outage?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

What I would do would in a blackout would depend with the weather. If it was a nice day, I would just stay outside. If the power outage was caused by a storm (thunderstorm or icestorm), I would just read.

I have abetter question. Why do you post stupid threads?

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

Quote by pertheusualI have abetter question. Why do you post stupid threads?

Nothing is stupid. Its a perfectly good question, especially if your like me, where you live in Canada, and there was a huge blackout. Anyways, it would depend on the time of day. Morning to the afternoon would be spent outside, at night, it would be rather hard to adjust to do nothing.

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by pertheusualI have abetter question. Why do you post stupid threads?

If you thought it was such a stupid thread Why'd you click on the link in the first palce.

During blackouts I usually during the day go out and at night play cards or play with my gameboy sp(thank you built in light).

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

ParadoxPixie

ParadoxPixie

Triple Orgasmic Bi

I would huddle down in the corner and hope that the darkness will go away. I have Nyctophobia...

If it's during a nice weather, I will still huddle down in the corner.

"I'll rot carefully, cautiously and in style."

get candles and sit it out.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

It always at night, so when it happens I just stop and wait for the power to come back on, at which point I resume what I was doing (using the computer).

Scarlet

Scarlet

Wouldn't you wanna know?

I'd light candles!! Lots and lots of candles! Erm.. yeah, I'm a bit of a candle-freak.^^

The best power outages are during storms, however... it's just sooooo pretty with the flashes of lightning and thunder and all...

If it's during the day and it's warm enough to go outside, I'd go outside.

Quote by SoulScholarIts a perfectly good question, especially if your like me, where you live in Canada, and there was a huge blackout.

Yeah.. remember that winter of 1998?? We stayed a whole week without power!

If nice weather go outside day or night, like looking at the stars with no street lights on. If it's raining or winter I just read alot of books.

Quote by Scarlet

Quote by SoulScholarIts a perfectly good question, especially if your like me, where you live in Canada, and there was a huge blackout.

Yeah.. remember that winter of 1998?? We stayed a whole week without power!

Yeah ... I remember that...The Ice Storm... I only went 3 days without hydro.

hahahaha, i'd have a party!!
i love power outages..
i love candle lit rooms... and chilling with my brothers..
or reading or doing homework.. whatever floats my boat.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

there was a big blackout in new york city like a couple years ago. i was really lucky, i was in an amusement park: dorney park, that's in philadephia i think. people had to walk from trains and all the power was out for about 1 1/2 days. we were delayed and had to drive home and got home at about 12:00am. we used candles that i made....and rushed out the next morning to get instant noodles...

arcxero

arcxero

Cast In The Name Of God.

Depends on the time of day/how the weather is.
Twice in my old town I had to endure LONG power outages. Once for 5 hours in the dead of night, and it was city-wide... meaning bitch blackness outside. Kind of cool, actually.

The second time was in the dead of winter, for 14 hours. It was very cold and on top of that I had the stomach flu all day.

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.

Kitone

Following My Head

I'd do what I always do; write, draw and listen to music (MP3 player). Play piano or drums or saxophone, there's a variety of stuff. If it's really nice outside I'll go for a run or go on my roof to do work.

Signature

...Worship the pocky

Proud writer! Why, you may ask? Because I have nothing better to do!

|>|-|34|^ |\/|41 133+ |\|1|\|]@ $|<|11$

Katsu satsu -- Ai satsu -- Satsu haru jou

See the avy? Is it not nifty? Worship the avy.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

if it was daytime, work on engines or read and if it was nighttime then id just build a fire (in the fireplace of course)

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

I live in Canada, so aboot 2 years ago, we got stuck in the same situation as many of those who get there power via hydro.
Anyways, a friend and I decided that night to take a walk around the city. People were hanging out, families were outside barbecueing, so not to let the food spoil, and trying to kill time without the tv. Places looked different without lights, and we had the idea of going to the police stations and seeing what undesireables were getting caught.
The following day, I chilled with by crew. It was a nice summer day, so we did what we typically did: hung out with our cars/bikes in front of the tim hortons. It was great!

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

Hmmm. During the day, which is fairly rare actually, I usually either curl up for sleep, or Im at work in which case it dont matter. At night? Play cards, light some candles and lamps and read books, or watch the lightning strikes and fires started ;0 Gotta love ohio..

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

well, i'd normally sleep coz its kinda cool to sleep in total darkness (my room is very bright due to the nieghbours that never seems to sleep...) so its kinda like a privilege to sleep without any light shinning on my eyes... kinda relaxing...

Alas, a new life is created;
never knowing its challenges;
Facing it with no words learnt;
we were all the same at this stage

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

We get power outages here three time a year. This year one was while I was at school and we played cards with the light from our cell phones. The other two times it was stormy and dark so when the power went out we couldn't see and I ended up triping. Luckly enough the candel wasn't in my hand!!! But we lit candels and my sister and I sat on the couch, and waited for the power to come back on, while jumping everytime we hread thunder( I jumped only because of her).^__^ :) :D :pacman:

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

Scarlet

Scarlet

Wouldn't you wanna know?

Quote by geninlv1I live in Canada, so aboot 2 years ago, we got stuck in the same situation as many of those who get there power via hydro.

Oh yeah, I remember that! Though we didn't get out of power here, on the island of Montreal... My friends from Ottawa did, though...

its not a dumb question...wat i would do is probably light some candles if its at night....but if its in the afternoon or morning ill just go outand have some fun with my friends....

omigoshi

omigoshi

5th Child Of J.E.N.O.V.A

As long as i have a pen and a paper.....to keep me company...i would be fine ^_^!!!
and of course....light..LOL....
boredom gimme the most ideassss

Signature
Ningen nante taishita mon jya nai sa...dakara omae wa dame na nigen da
5TH CHILD OF J.E.N.O.V.A
----FuGu-----

DaemonPhyreWyrm

Behold the power of cheese

I read, eat, or sleep. But power outages are so rare, that I'm just going by the only one I can remember, eh?

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

I went mad 1st. I want my comp! >_<

well after that, it just depends. if its night, I'll stay with my parents in da living room. around midnight, might as well sleep. during day, I would jsut go out. Malaysia is hot. really hot. a minute without fan can be really really annoying. =/

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

What a coincindence!!! We just got our power back after 3 days of power outage.....

Hmmm..... what did I do......

Well, I sat down with my posse' and we did stuff..... just stuff.....

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.