Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is the use of weapons? - Minitokyo

What is the use of weapons?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

What is the use of weapons and do we really need it? In old times we may have needed it. I guess that we need weapons but we have to use it with a reason. It depends on the situations, maybe. What do you guys think?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Hunting.

If we didn't have weapons we'd kill each other with our bare hands. Humans are vicious, vindictive, sorry, sad little creatures.

Signature Image

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

To kill... that's the standard use of weapons. It's either to kill or to be killed.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

i don`t like weapons mainly fire weapons but some people think it will protect them

Xaki-the-forbidden-one

Xaki-the-forbidden-one

Terror In The Soul

Im a hunter and if they outlawed guns, I would have to do somethin about it. We need them, people still have wars to fight dont they?

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

hello ms az chan. i see you changed your avatar. very cute and very nice.
weapons are use to protect, to kill, to eliminate and as an instrument to do anything.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Yes I think weapons are useful. I just think it matters on who has the weapon then the weapon it self.

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

We, all, have the excuse that weapons are for our protection. But the truth is that we use it to kill others and get the stuff we want from them.

Signature

Some wepaons are still used in ceremonial matters. A sword, for instance, and a dagger, have more than one use in many cultures, religions, etc. other than to wound or kill.

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

Weapons are tools. There's no taboo or "evil" attached to them. The one who posesses it will decided its use. Besides, one can still fight without weapons.
Personally, I think weapons are one of civillizations greatest achievements (next to the wheel and sliced bread). What their use is in modern times, though, is still up in the air.

I heard this from somewhere, and I believe it fairly clearly states my opinion concerning the matter:

"If guns kill people, then pencils write wrong answers and spoons make people fat."

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

Quote by Rebel428I heard this from somewhere, and I believe it fairly clearly states my opinion concerning the matter:
"If guns kill people, then pencils write wrong answers and spoons make people fat."

Emphasizes that weapons are only tools. Only, this person said it better.

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Weapons or no weapons, people will allways be fighting something.. weapons just make the job eaiser. Whats the point of them? To kill. Even in this modern day, with laws, police officers, there are still ppl who dont follow the rules, and if they're the only people with weapons they have the advantage. So yes we still need weapons.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

The world cannot survive without war. Humankind would die out within a certain amount of time without war. War is necessary in many occasions. If we were to purge the world of all its weaponry, war would sure be difficult.

shijiroken

shijiroken

Angel that finds his "Heaven"

weapons are first use for hunting for foods, in the stone age, but as time passed by, they are used to maintain peace and order and also to protect their selves and the people they want to protect... but sine the weapons are evolving due to technology, the purpose are changing to, weapons are used to kill other people, just like akaiken-sama said, to kill or be killed ( its from shaman king, I guess) also, since man are striving for power, wealth, and freedom, man used weapons to achieve those, man have the instinct to kill... so, don't let that instinct cover you... :D anyway, we cannot blame the weapons, its the man we have to blame...

Heaven

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

Quote by geninlv1Weapons are tools. There's no taboo or "evil" attached to them. The one
who posesses it will decided its use. Besides, one can still fight
without weapons.
Personally, I think weapons are one of civillizations greatest
achievements (next to the wheel and sliced bread). What their use is in
modern times, though, is still up in the air.

I agree with geninlv1. Weapons are things that is used to hunt, to kill, to protect, etc...
The one who has the weapon will decide how to use it.

neverknowsbesta

who are you?

It's true that the one who has the weapon desides how to use it. But remember that the purpose of a tool is to make things easier. Like a computer makes it easier and quicker to write. Like cars make it easier to travel. Like guns make it easier to kill people. Guns, of course do not kill people, but people with guns do. Bombs and Nukes kill people, but there are laws against owning them as well. I'm not really arguing one way or another for whether people should be allowed to own guns, but i do think that have laws that control what kind of guns you can have are a good idea. An angry person with a knife is dangerous, but that same person is much more dangerous with a gun.
"with great power comes great responsibility" and all that, ya know.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~trilogy Old stories I'll add to one day

There!
And, without a sound,
through the undergrowth
steel in both hands/ god in the other
topaz earrings and chocker of copper
cloth of earth
under the desert and ocean fire
setting sun, merging heart
you run where the oni sleeps
white and beautiful
and you
you can see how it lives

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by AkaikenTo kill... that's the standard use of weapons. It's either to kill or to be killed.

Then why'd you got mad when I nearly decapitated you with my bare hands?

A weapon is a friend, a messenger and a lifestyle. You're weapon is you're friend if it benefits you, it's a messenger because the bullet from my gun is aimed at your heart, and a lifestyle because we live by it.

The mind is a weapon, the body is a weapon and a human is a weapon. However you look at it, you fight a battle of intellect and physical wars everyday.

"I was born on a battlefield. Raised on a battlefield. Gunfire, sirens and screams... they were my lullabies... Hunted like dogs day after day... driven from our ragged shelters... That... was my life. Each morning, I'd wake up... and find a few more of my family or friends dead beside me. I'd stare at the morning sun... and pray to make it through the day. The governments of the world turned a blind eye to our misery. But then... he appeared. My hero... Saladin... he took me away from all that...

I became a sniper... hidden, watching everything through a rifle's scope. Now I could see war, not from the inside, but from the outside, ...as an observer... I watched the brutality... the stupidity of mankind through the scope of my rifle. I joined this group of revolutionaries... to take my revenge on the world. But... I have shamed myself and my people. I am no longer the wolf I was born to be... In the name of vengeance, I sold my body and my soul. Now...I am nothing more than a dog.

I finally understand. I wasn't waiting to kill people... I was waiting for someone to kill me. A man like you... You're a hero. Please... set me free."

"My gun... give it to me. She's part of me."

- Sniper Wolf

Signature

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

Self-Defense.

Signature Image

Shaki-chan

Shaki-chan

~Neko-sama~

Hmm, Weapons... To protect the one you love ^__^

to kill people

people uses various weapons, depends on time, place, situations or reason.

at stone age, clubs, spears and axes are used to hunt, these we're also used to protect themselves from predators.
also on some old civilizations, added by swords and bows, these weapons aren't for hunting, too. they we're also used not only as protection, as for invasion, too.
time passes, some weapons became big. li'l bows became ballistas, why throw stones when you can use siege weapons, catapults, ballistas and battering rams.
modern time is about to rise, gunpowders we're created by Ancient Chinese as for fireworks but Medieval Europe used it for rifles. so, byebye to bows.
now modern time was borned when machine we're fully functioned and used for everyday lives.
so, some politics still want to be famous and powerful, so their militaries we're improved.
now, tanks, fighter planes, navy ships, submarines and now superweapons are now being used for different wars, political, civil, gulf, cold and world wars. remember, A. Einstein researched and created the atomic bombs. now some strategy games uses this for money, counter strike, command and conquer, generals, red alert, rainbow 6, navy seals and many more military like games. u can almost feel you're in a battle when u watch movies using different weapons, movies like Troy, Matrix, Star Trek, Star Wars and may more. the way I see it, sci-fi movies really earns big.
now currently, 'superweapons' we're said are being built secretly. Korea uses nukes, laser were research not for cosmetic now, maybe they secretly upgrading it as weapon. u know like in Star Wars, light sabers, laser guns, laser tanks.
knives were still used for many ages... but not for meats, too. this also were used for robberies, murders, assassination. (assassination is silent kills, so it is different from murders)
guns, guns, guns and more guns. they hav different looks. from hand guns like .45 calibre pistols, rifles like M-16 and Ak47, submachine gun like hk-45 aand Uzi, revovlers like Magnum and sniping rifles like sr-12. Used for robberies, assassination, massacre, defensive purpose, and immobilizing.

So... Weapons were only used for personal purposes. This world is like a tournament, in game mode Free for All, Last Man Standing, find and team up with ur allies.

Creeping strength in me is the so much power that I may banish everything when i didn't controlled it. It's haunting me, even if I took this strongest power. I dealt with the devil, I gave grip on a rusted knife and I left everything just to get this power...

Peace.Wepeons are to be used for peaceful reasons.If one day bullets were subsituted for tranqlizer darts...The world would be a safer place...

Self-defense and protection. Using them to kill people who are dangerous to the world (i.e. serial killers).

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.