Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Smooth hair? how do you do it? - Minitokyo

Smooth hair? how do you do it?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Whenever i extract a picture the hair always looks pixelly and bad, how does everyone else get such nice-lookingedges to their hair?
PS. I use photoshop 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

firstly, use the magic want tool to get most of the stuff off.

then use the fuzzy eraser, size 5 for most stuff, 3 if it's is a small space and a solid eraser size 1 for really tight places.

use a constant mouse click to gen good control, oh, and zoom in a lot.

for tips like this and more, join walls for noobs (see signature)

Thanks Eagle, the hair has really been irritating me lately.

Haha! I thought that this was some kind of commercial when I read the topic.. "Smooth hair... how do you do it?" I almost expected to see some endorsement for shampoo/conditioners. :)

Guess I should pay more attention to where the topic was posted. ;)

EternalBlue

EternalBlue

Crystal Eternity

Me, I prefer to use the pen tool. The magic wand is EVIL IMO. It just doesn't do what I want it to, and makes edges look pixelly. I prefer to use the pen tool, although much more tedious, it's a lot more accurate and gets you the outline you want. Of course, you can always fix up little bits and pieces afterwards with an eraser :) Polygon lasso works well too, although I still prefer pen XD

RurouniSpritz

RurouniSpritz

Misutard.

Nuu!
Polygonal lasoo!
Zoom into 300% [I use 400%, but it's a bit excessive], press L, click around the outline of your picture (more samples means a better extraction). Select>modify>contract. 1px
Then select>feather [ctrl+alt+d].
Press delete three to five times.
You can also do it on a layer mask if you want, but I prefer to just delete the thing, and patch up using the history brush or paste in the section that needs correcting from the original after.

xP

[edit] Oh, a handy tip...if you misclick while in pen or polygonal lasoo mode, you can press Delete to 'go back a stage', if you know what I mean :x.
Like, undo the last anchor.

Signature Image
:3

inferno-angel

inferno-angel

the.god.of.death

i prefer polygonal lasso too. although it's a bit tiring. :D

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

well now i mostly use the pen tool to extract images.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.