Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Victorian Romance Emma - Minitokyo

Victorian Romance Emma

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Does anyone follows this anime? Is kinda cool. Pretty innovatime in it's own way, good music and story, but animation is regular.
Post opinions about this :)

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

It's really cute and fluffy. I love the music; I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released. Yeah, the animation is really plain; although the backgrounds are well-detailed the character art is really simple. Still, it's effective and not overdone.
I'm currently working on a wallpaper for Emma based on episode 7 (Crystal Palace).

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Quote by Tama-NekoStill, it's effective and not overdone.

Exactly.

Quote by Tama-NekoI'm currently working on a wallpaper for Emma based on episode 7 (Crystal Palace).

Make sure to tell me when you're finished to rate it :)

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

forlorn-faith

forlorn-faith

Seeker of Serenity

The music [Silhoutte of the Breeze and Minuet of Emma] is awesome and the history is fascinating. The faces are drawn almost the same though ^^. I personally like the storyline very much. Just like Onegai Teacher, it shows how hard it is for 2 persons to come together.

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

I didn't think on that. Parallelism with Onegai Teacher. Amazing!

(\_/)
(O.o)

I have never heard of it. Is it an adaptation of Jane Austen's novel of the same name? I was never a big fan of Austen.

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Nope. Emma is an adaptaion from a manga by Kaoru Mori (he likes no-fanservice maid manga, and this is his first).

(\_/)
(O.o)

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

I love it ^_^ I'm not usually into romance , but this one is just too cute. I love the style. Simple, but effective, the animation doens't really need to be fancy when you think about it since it's not a story that takes place in the future or in fantasy. I love the little historical facts the fan-subbers add at the end of evrey episodes. Like,was it in the first episode, the way Emma use old tea leaves to sweep the floor, I thought that was very nice, educational.

Signature Image

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

Never saw that but now it sounds soooo interesting. What's the story about?

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Ahh... Emma... Very maiderific. I haven't gotten to the manga, but I had read a similar series called Shirley. I've been following Emma and I've taken a liking to it. It's very calming and slice of life. Much like YKK.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Quote by PwnOXz0rNever saw that but now it sounds soooo interesting. What's the story about?

The story is about a maid and a gentleman, who are in love with each other. But they live in the Victorian England, so their love is kinda forbidden by society.

Quote by kawaiiguyAhh... Emma... Very maiderific. I haven't gotten to the manga, but I
had read a similar series called Shirley. I've been following Emma and I've taken a liking to it. It's very calming and slice of life. Much like YKK.

YKK???

(\_/)
(O.o)

I haven't seen the anime but I have read the Japanese manga and I think it is very well done. Just by reading it you learn so much about Victorian England that I would consider it visual history book.

Neohybrid-kai

Neohybrid-kai

Freelance guardian angel

I'm watching emma, its a good drama anime with calm atmosphere (remind me of Haibane Renmei), haven't seen episode 7 yet, >_<
I'm also read the manga (right after I watch the 1st episode, I think I've fall in love in the first sight with this anime )
the story in manga now is far than anime, it gets more and more dramatic

Everything needs sacrifice but sacrifice isn't everything

Signature Image

::Member of::
[order-of-reason]|[yuri-lovers]|[YukiKajiura-Fans]

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Quote by mughiI haven't seen the anime but I have read the Japanese manga and I think
it is very well done. Just by reading it you learn so much about
Victorian England that I would consider it visual history book.

Cool, I'll look fot the manga then. :)

(\_/)
(O.o)

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by shermanramni
YKK???

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Nona

Nona

Tsubasa forever

I like it very very much. I study history and the 19th century is my favourite century. I haven't read the manga....ˇˇ
I like the music of the anime, and the animation also. It hase a very good feeling.

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Quote by kawaiiguy

Quote by shermanramni
YKK???

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

Oh, i just checked AniDb and it's kinda good. Thanks.

(\_/)
(O.o)

Quote by shermanramni

Quote by mughiI haven't seen the anime but I have read the Japanese manga and I think

Sorry, I made slight error here. The author did companion book in addition to manga. That book listed in details different types of maids and hired hand of Vitorian England.

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Quote by mughi

Quote by shermanramni

Sorry, I made slight error here. The author did companion book in addition to manga. That book listed in details different types of maids and hired hand of Vitorian England.

Souka. Daijoubu! :)

(\_/)
(O.o)

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by shermanramni

Quote by kawaiiguy

Quote by shermanramni
YKK???

(...) Kaidashi Kikou.

Oh, i just checked AniDb and it's kinda good. Thanks.

I'm a big fan of the YKK manga. The anime is good as well... very peaceful.

Signature Image

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I made my avatar for it (Emma-Chaaaan!!!!). I love this series for the animation, ramantic story and historical accuracy. It has to be the best anime I've seen in a very long time. With absolutely no fanservice it draws you in delicately. That and I think because of the lack of fanservice it is rather passive to watch, making it rather soothing to watch as well.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Quote by foobluedI made my avatar for it (Emma-Chaaaan!!!!). I love this series for the
animation, ramantic story and historical accuracy. It has to be the
best anime I've seen in a very long time. With absolutely no fanservice
it draws you in delicately. That and I think because of the lack of
fanservice it is rather passive to watch, making it rather soothing to
watch as well.

Mybe that's the catch here. All these elements.

(\_/)
(O.o)

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

Quote by ElectrastarI love it ^_^ I'm not usually into romance , but this one is just too
cute. I love the style. Simple, but effective, the animation doens't
really need to be fancy when you think about it since it's not a story
that takes place in the future or in fantasy. I love the little
historical facts the fan-subbers add at the end of evrey episodes.
Like,was it in the first episode, the way Emma use old tea leaves to
sweep the floor, I thought that was very nice, educational.

Yeah, what she said. I'm not usually into romance either, but something about this series just really stands out from the rest. The story is really about quality, and doesn't depend on cheap service. It's cliche, but it's done very well. The music is A+ as well. My only gripe is the faces, sometimes they're long and sometimes they're not.

Signature Image

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I finished the wallpaper a little while ago and forgot to link to it here! Crystal Hearts

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.