Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Inspirational Devotional Books - Minitokyo

Inspirational Devotional Books

page 1 of 1 5 total items

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Well, I haven't really seen a thread like this so I'm making one.

This are for all the book-worms like me out there and if you'd like, share a piece of an Inspirational book here. lol. I'm sharing mine. =)

My most favorite inspirational all time book in the whole wide world is Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/crewcifix/misc/purpose-driven-life-cover_s.gif
PurposeDrivenLife.Com

Send to a friend

- You can use this link inorder to share and send this little book of wisdom. I personally opted to send it to one of my closest friends offline. And now seeing that most of my friends online are in MiniTokyo, seeing this small thread might make you turn your head and press this little link so you to can have the same experience I've gone through . Its truly worth your time. :)

What Makes this Book Special: Crew's own Personal Review
I love this book because it isn't self-centered. Being a Christian book at its best, this one delivers the message right infront of you in simpler ways any person can understand fully, and at the same time, offers to give a whole lot. Furthermore, several Bible passages that truly captivates the heart and strengthens the soul just what every hurting soul need.

I did not exactly follow the book page per page. lol. Crew tends to skim over books first before reading them completely. After being able to read a lot of Christian books of my time, I thought this one was like the ordinary. Dwelling on worship and the like -- which is NOT bad however, sometimes, I'd feel that only fellow Christian Members can relate. I was supposed to make the title of this thread What is Jesus in Your Life. However, after reading this book, I told myself that I guess other people too should rather be informed of such a well-written book other than seeing your everyday opinions in forums. Lol.

The very fist chapter I read of this book is the chapter on Temptations since it is the most practical to me and applicable as of the moment. I learned so much and on how we can really avoid such. I thought before that being tempted already makes me less of a Christian but I was wrong. As long as a person fights temptation, this is not sin. Temptations can actually be considered compliments. Take for example the devil who is the enemy. He will try to lure you in his trap. If you are already evil yourself, he need not need to play with your thougths and temp you. Since you're already his. However, if you are a strong Christian and you have a strong faith in God, this is when he gets really angry at you and tries to have you however, as Christians, we should realize this plot so that we don't end up being holy and good the first time around and end up fucking off.

There are other good points about this book too. One of which is when you feel like God isn't present nor is he not there. God never abandons His children. However, I found out that whenever I feel that God isn't around me, that is the time He tests me if my faith on Him is Strong enough or not. Also, this is when you get to prove how faithful you are.

You cannot every say you are a faithful servant of God if you never experienced being alone. Only when you pass the test and only when you keep your hands in God's trust will you be rewarded.

That's why its a very hard thing to be a Christian. However, it always brings worthwhile promises and eternal life. And I am just so excited by all this . XD

Another misconception by most Christians is the normal saying that Christian Life is experiencing the events. As Christians, we are not after the "experience". If you worship God only because you want to have that certain feeling of enlightenment, then you worship Him for the wrong purpose. Worshiping God should be Worshipping God alone no matter the circumstance. This actually in relation to the previous message.

Anyway, I learned a lot and I hope you guys do to. You guys can react to my opinion or simply post other inspirational books of your own in this thread. Anyway, gtg! Computer Class is almost up! XD still on hiatus! ..

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

Yue-Horrishino

Yue-Horrishino

Tsubasa Mahou

Mine is ''Eragon from Christopher Paolini'', and this volume it's the first from three.... I'm waiting for the second book ''The Ancient''
This one is very good... but i'm not telling the story because it spoil it all...
If you like stories like the Lord of the Rings... but with less boreness [because the text in LOTR is very hard to read, but is a good story to, but Eragon is more fluent]...
Just one more thing it's more for teenagers but adults can read it too... and it isn't like Harry Potter :P (last time that i put Eragon it came a girl asking me if it was like hp... loll)
Try it .... I'm sure you ill like it
(hm just to say someting i inspire more in mangas and anime that in books, but it seemed realy nice to talk about one of my favorite books) ^-^
Take care people

Yue Horrishino

Signature Image

Holt

Holt

pffft

Nice idea for a thread.
I'm not much into religion and spirituality myself so what I think is interesting and possibly inspiring might not be anyone's cup of tea :P
But you won't know unless you try right?
One of the most intersting reads I've ever had was a book called "God's Debris" by Scott Adams (author of the dilbert comic). Those of you who are religious may not like this book because it contradicts religious ideas but it is far from anti religious. The author refers to it as a "though experiment" which is exactly what it is. If you know a thing or two about physics, you may notice that much of the stuff in there is complete crap according to current theory but is nevertheless compelling in a way and the author doesn't claim that any of it's true.
Basically, it's a fiction book set as a fictional story about two people talking about life, the universe and everything. The book shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's just...interesting.
Scott Adams explores ideas which you may think of as trivial and casts some doubt as to whether or not what is accepted is really true.
It's a real eye-opener.
Whether you're avidly religious or an atheist scientist, if you have an open mind and want to be exposed to a different angle of looking at things, I definitely recommend this book to you. :)
If, however, you're very set in your ways and don't want to hear anything to the contrary, this book will only serve to make you absolutely furious XD

Signature Image

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

this is a great idea for a thread...so different from ones i normally see. thanks crew... :)
well, i luv the harry potter books and i also usually try to read nonfiction/biography books, but since you're asking about inspirational type books, i would recommend tuesdays with morrie by mitch albom. it's a very emotiional and touching story about a former student re-establishing his relationship with his dying mentor teacher. the book teaches you the value of life and learning and how much you should cherish those in your life. i highly recommend it.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

For those Christians who are Lord of the Rings fans, there is this devotional i've read called Walking With Frodo. I definitely recommend it!
I agree with Crew, The Purpose Driven Life is a very good devotional as well.

Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.