Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Drama: is it really necessary? - Minitokyo

Drama: is it really necessary?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

I've been noticing more and more that people are telling the forums more then we need to know. I mean thats cool if you write stuff in your friends guestbooks or even write stuff through PM but to makes threads about these personal matters, its starting to get ridiculous.

I mean I suppose its good your open about it but for the most part it seems these people need this attention and to me thats kinda sad and pathetic. I understand life is tough blah blah I wont get into that but to display it in public isn't all that necessary and people wonder why they get these stupid hate PMs not saying its right to do that to someone (b/c its not) but its kinda almost like they bring it upon themself by opening up so much.

I just think MT doesn't need to be so dramtic with people saying.. I'm going to kill myself or I'm dying or I have an illness or I'm bi or gay.. or whatever else could possible happen, I mean tell your close frineds not strangers, but this is just MY opinion so I dont want people to go and say I picked specific people I'm just saying this in GENERAL so please chill out I just thought I would get other peoples' take on the matter

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

you do have a point, but i guess that people just want everyone to know about their lives....

retire

anyone who goes looking for advices at a public forum has issues, anyone who actually takes these advices has problems. Seriously folks..you're not getting anywhere in life by having people tell you what to do all the time, if you didnt find the answers with your friends, family, loved ones, etc, do how you did in high school and take a fucking guess..by the way its been proven that most test makers are inclined to put the right answer under "c". Some decisions are meant to be made by you..or else you're living someone else's life.

(the last part was NOT a literal comment btw, I know some of you would take it that way)

Signature Image

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

I agree with SharinganKnight if you take the advice of a stranger over your close friends you do have problems, but i think fo rteh people who do do that its just for attention but to be in spot light over such morbid or tsupid things.. its sad and pathtic like i said before Imean not everyone is so nice and willing to throw a pity parade for tehm

Signature Image

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

yea..an advice from a stranger is bad because it might lead u to the wrong path...

Quote by DarkMaiden1369 i think fo rteh people who
do do that its just for attention but to be in spot light over such
morbid or tsupid things.. its sad and pathtic like i said before

i agree with that, some people just wanna be loved by people they don't really know...

retire

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

While I'm here, since I saw this thread pop up, I'll give my 2 cents.

Unfortunately, there are some people who like the public to know their business which should be confidential. Apparently, those who make a thread about these types of things are the ones who need help and they need coaching to get back on the right track. Then, the drama does hurt or even offend other people and it goes against their beliefs. It is best to note a personal problem to closer friends than to note them to public; at least, you won't drive away others who might just think you have a problem. This is how the drama builds...when people look for attention, they find means of making themselves feel bad and others try to cheer them up.

One more thing, some people are definitely comfortable telling their problems here because they don't really know who's on the other side. They can get any answer or a slew of answers, and they try to go with the one which best suits them. However, extreme problems, such as being bisexual, homosexual, gay, or lesbian, shouldn't be mentioned because it gives the community bad sense of how diverse it really is. Diversity should only be taken to a certain degree and nothing more than that. If some people want to show off their true colors, best to do it one-on-one with a closer friend.

Yeah, I made errors, and I admit that they were wrong to let the community know, but I learned from my mistakes. Oh, and one last thing, if you know the community will react in such a bad way to a certain question, better to say nothing at all and find some way around it. There are solutions out there; it takes time.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

yea true. so many people talk about their problems in MT and sometimes its ok but i see so many of them that its kind gone overboard in MT.

Signature

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

well mel your thing about the gay thing is a bit off I mean are you saying it more ok to say i'm going to kill myself then to say im gay.. but totally not the point... at anyrate I agree some members may want to see things at many angles but as soon as someone says their opinion and the other person doesnt like it they get all pissed and start to get on the offense and start to cause all this unneseccary drama I mean its stupid everyone is entitled to their own opinions unfortunatly so they need to realize that and some personal problems definatly do NOT need to be in the forums... I wont name any examples

Signature Image

Sometimes it does get truly and utterly annoying. But i myself, have been making threads because:
1)Need opinions
2) need support from friends
3) Let off some air

I dont post just for posting and getting attention. I post them because i need advice, opinions on what to do to continue my life....some ppl dont do it personally T.T
some people just need help.
There are many ppl logged onto MT that know about these things and can help.

Quote by someguy66yea true. so many people talk about their problems in MT and sometimes
its ok but i see so many of them that its kind gone overboard in MT.

I agree with that. Maybe this time of year is when all the problems are hitting people>.<

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

Quote by toxictea23Sometimes it does get truly and utterly annoying. But i myself, have
been making threads because:
1)Need opinions
2) need support from friends
3) Let off some air
I dont post just for posting and getting attention. I post them because
i need advice, opinions on what to do to continue my life....some ppl
dont do it personally T.T
some people just need help.
There are many ppl logged onto MT that know about these things and can
help.

well why dont you ask people through pms or talk to them on a messenger im
sure you dont need advice from strangers ...

Signature Image

a lil drama is ok to liven things up, can't always be all happy and cheerful,
but some of this stuff is like overboard, i can see how some people may feel
scared or embarrased to share personal problems with their friends or family
so they rather say it to people that they'll never see and can't judge them irl,
happens alot online and people tend to become so addicted to the internet,
yea its hard to let go and share stuff with real people but if you don't do it,
you'll end up with nothing solved and a new addiction,
writting things down is a good way to get out your emotion but theres
no need to publicize the bad things that occur in your life,
thats why i prefer game threads, barely any drama and its just carefree fun
to get your mind away, a lil debate over a current issue is alright every now
and then and its nice for people to share new info. with others,
i see the forums made up into this,
of course theres the basic announcments and art and techie stuff and intro threads,
but basically everything else is almost all spam, games , or an arguement waiting to
happen, oh well, bound to happen eventually and almost impossible to prevent...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

well chops your right but still the topics that have been on the forums lately are way out of hand if i wanted to i can think or at least 5 threads but i wont list them here im sure people have seen them but anyway i understand not all thing are bright and cheery but I mean come on

Signature Image

Seriously, if a mod thought it was out of hand he/she could just close it...but there hasnt been any of that, and none of them are complaining, soo seriously, you need to chill about this situation and just ignore those threads. The go into the spam lounge anyways...just because you see the thread doesnt mean you need to post on it..

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

"...Onoz, I R GUNA CUT myself FOR TEH ATENTION!!!111oneoneone"

Wut teh fux?!?!!111

Sorry. I thought it was fun to type in 1337 for a bit. >>;

anyway, don't think it's necessary. If it really is, there's a blog ppl can post in... gfxbb.com is where most MT bloggers go.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

Quote by toxictea23Seriously, if a mod thought it was out of hand he/she could just close
it...but there hasnt been any of that, and none of them are
complaining, soo seriously, you need to chill about this situation and
just ignore those threads. The go into the spam lounge anyways...just
because you see the thread doesnt mean you need to post on it..

dude have you not noticed i ahvent posted in them i was just staing for oterhs opinions on teh matter your teh one who needs to chill out .. geez and your right theyre not reported and im not asking them to be i was just saying not all attention is good

Quote by Athrun"...Onoz, I R GUNA CUT myself FOR TEH ATENTION!!!111oneoneone"

Wut teh fux?!?!!111

Sorry. I thought it was fun to type in 1337 for a bit. &gt;&gt;;

anyway, don't think it's necessary. If it really is, there's a blog ppl can post in... gfxbb.com is where most MT bloggers go.

lol well nice way to start off a post lol but true there otehr ways to post problems and nice advertising there Athrun lol

Signature Image

>.< dark maiden....do you have something against me....because it seems like your taking off a whole lot of crap on me...and trust me..its not helping....especially since im in a terrible state.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Quote by Athrun"...Onoz, I R GUNA CUT myself FOR TEH ATENTION!!!111oneoneone"

Wut teh fux?!?!!111

Sorry. I thought it was fun to type in 1337 for a bit. &gt;&gt;;

I was trying to refrain from suggesting that this thread was being insensitive. That being said, suggesting that cutting is done for attention is completely wrong and rather insulting.

So you consider the drama threads useless? Ignore them. They're not hurting you, are they? For a lot of people, especially depressed people, talking out their problems really helps. Just knowing that someone is listening takes a great weight off. They may not want to talk to their friends, for fear they will be rejected or treated differently. OK, we may not want to know the in-depth details of someone's latest relationship drama, but oh well. Just ignore it if it bothers you so much.

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

ok its doesnt bother me geez how many time do i have to say that and no toxic tea i have nothing agaisnt you man... at anyrate i just think if people are your real friends they'll help you out no matter what it is, I would just think most peopel would want to tell a close friends first over telling a group of people I mean I'm greatful fo rteh friends I have b/c they support me no matter what even if they are a little mean to me and dont uderstand but at least they try to understand so for the love of god the threads dont botehr me I was just stating are they necssary and obviously case made they are to teh peopel who make them .. man people ... lol

Signature Image

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Ok: so you're saying that you think people should turn to their friends first. Sure, that's perfectly valid. Some people would rather ask the general MT populace. Also valid. Thus, two separate viewpoints. However, if you start speculating about the people who prefer to make threads about their problems, that demonstrates that they do bother you, regardless of what you say.

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

my point is i just dont see hwy they cant turn to friends b/c doesnt that defeat the purpose of having them b/c friends are suppose to be there for u, i just think the threads are so depressing and bring the mood down i mean when u come to mt shouldnt it be a little get away from reality for a moment just a relaxing break and not have to think about it I mean thats how i see it, i just feel bad for those people who need ot do that is all

Signature Image

Ake>.<
Havent you noticed lately that a lot of ppl have been having problems whether it's family related,friend,relationship or just illness>.<
Its insane...>.<

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

Quote by toxictea23Ake&gt;.&lt;
Havent you noticed lately that a lot of ppl have been having problems
whether it's family related,friend,relationship or just
illness&gt;.&lt;
Its insane...&gt;.&lt;

it almost like they are facing the end of their life...

retire

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Quote by DarkVirus

it almost like they are facing the end of their life...

Oi....I agree >.<....what's up with it people?!!!! You live once, and with life, you should make it your very best. I kinda don't get what's going on with the personal threads...like DM, I don't have anything against people who do it, it's just that...there are a lot of people who do. And I don't really understand the logic in airing out all of your dirty laundry in public....I'd definately consult friends but whatever...that's me....

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by biriwilgSo you consider the drama threads useless? Ignore them. They're not hurting you, are they? For a lot of people, especially depressed people, talking out their problems really helps. Just knowing that someone is listening takes a great weight off. They may not want to talk to their friends, for fear they will be rejected or treated differently. OK, we may not want to know the in-depth details of someone's latest relationship drama, but oh well. Just ignore it if it bothers you so much.

I agree with this. While talking does expel some of the depression and anger inside, though it doesn't really do much on the internet to actually be comforted, the advice received, if the message returned to them is what they want to hear, still tends to help. The others can be ignored if there's a sense of offensive behavior because that would only bottle up the depression and angry feelings more. Thus it's not really solving anything. However, there are people tend to arrange words in such a way that it seems dramatic only because they are anxious to hear responses or they want help really fast, so others consider it drama. I'm sure there are some people who don't mean it this way, but they do have to get out some things that are bothering them.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.