Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Apples desktops..... - Minitokyo

Apples desktops.....

page 1 of 1 14 total items

sakuragigi

sakuragigi

Sakura

hmm... I'm thinking off getting I book as a laptop... but there one think buugs me is that if i get is will i be able to change the desktop like windows xp? or do I need a programme but if i change mac to windows(if its possible is it possible?).....

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Get linux.

I am invincible!

sakuragigi

sakuragigi

Sakura

i mean... can apple desktop change its thems like windows xp?????

Don't get Linux, its overrated. I went from windows to linux to Mac OS X. Yes Mac OS X has themes. You need a program called shape shifter to do it.

http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/shapeshifter

sakuragigi

sakuragigi

Sakura

cool!!!!!!!!!! cause i'm going to get one in 2 weeks time ^_^

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

Apple is FreeBSD (Unix), which Linux is nearly identical too so...

and yes, you can change themes with OS X. It isn't as powerful as *Nix desktops (kde, Gome for DE's) in the theme area, and there isn't as much themes made as XP (StyleXP), but you can. And most look very good.

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

Quote by RitalinApple is FreeBSD (Unix), which Linux is nearly identical too so...

Wrong on so, so many levels. Darwin is a FreeBSD ***userland***. The kernel is micromach. And BSD is so far away from Linux they're hardly even distant cousins.

joepolo2002

joepolo2002

Ecchi Master

Quote by sakuragigii mean... can apple desktop change its thems like windows xp?????

Mac OSX (any version) doesn't use a themes like app to change wallpaper. However, changing desktop walls and icons are really easy with OSX. When I 'switched' from using Win2000/Xp computers to Apple Mac's, all of my wallpaper pics ported over with no problem. As for icons, you will need to use those that are designed for mac os, but there are tons of them.
Try the following site for wallpaper and links to icons sites:
http://www.theapplecollection.com/

[ecchi-club] member.
Signature
Yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

Also try the www.iconfactory.com they have alot of good stuff and alot of links.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Quote by jhujhiti

Quote by RitalinApple is FreeBSD (Unix), which Linux is nearly identical
too so...

Wrong on so, so many levels. Darwin is a FreeBSD ***userland***. The
kernel is micromach. And BSD is so far away from Linux they're hardly
even distant cousins.

So true. Linus is always comming with how BSD is so "different" compared with the Linux philosophy.

By the way, the OSX desktop is pretty on its mac way, I think it needs no windows skin to be usefull-looks cool.

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

dunno

dunno

Guardian of the Erratic Portal

If u want a good-looking desktop and a lot of eye-candy.. buy a ibook today :)

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i dont even use Windows skins or icons, the layout of start menu hasnt changed but basically icons and skin isnt windows. i was even using an iSkin at one stage XD

there are programs to change it for mac i would gather and some people have said lol. For my windows logon screen it has the names of diff users for this computer but the background itself is a Belldandy one XD as i d/l a program called Logon Loader

Signature Image

Default mac theme looks nice anyway. Especially when you've been stuck using the ugly 95/98 and XP skins for years.

I like the apple desktop, it's a lot cleaner than windows, but it comes with a premium

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.