Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Maya abstracts - Minitokyo

Maya abstracts

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

Could someone give a quick rundown on how to create those trendwhore 3D abstracts using Maya.. if that's even possible? O_o Thanks. I only seem to be able to find tutorials on this for 3DS and Bryce.

Signature Image

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

Maya? Never heard of it....have you tried searching in google?

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

I never tried using Maya before...ppl usually use it for 3D rendering of people/scenery/objects i think.... i prefer 3DMax

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jeniferdono

jeniferdono

Sleepless

I read your post, left MT.net. Then I went looking for some tutorials for myself. Came across this site which has a bunch of links. Don't know if it's what you're looking for but you can check it out.

http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/tutalias.asp

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

I have never used Maya, I use blender which is open source. And I know of some, but not many tutorial sites for that.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

Yeah I know 3DS is more of the de facto standard but for some reason it bluescreens my computer and I can't get a hold of a copy of Bryce, so I settled for Maya instead. I just installed it and can't make sense of it, which I was expecting since I also read while doing my own searching that it's one of the harder to get to grips with :|
By the way, thanks for link, jenifer. I'll have a look at it now.

Signature Image

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

i use 3dsmax and cinema 4d, i heard cinema 4d takes less resources, considering its an amiga program, ehehheh

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Don't use Maya for 3D. Use 3DSM for 3D. Maya is to create cool effects like in the movies. Not for "trendwhore-abstract", 3D Studio Max is for that.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

I have a copy of C4D somewhere. I'm going to have to see if updating DX and video drivers will stop 3DS from killing my computer --;

Signature Image

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

maybe ur copy of 3DMax is corrupted? i'm guessing u didn't buy it right? haha

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

get 3dsmax6 then, heheh

Maya is based off the 3d usage of NURBS (Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline) and is based on parametric equations for the curves and surfaces. Therefore it should be applicable to the creation of abstract images; however, I have found it rather diffficult to use. I do not believe i found a simple abstract tutorial here but it has quite an exhaustive list for maya, perhaps you can find how some of the tools work and effectively develop your own technique.

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutorials/

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.