Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Request Categories Here - Minitokyo

Request Categories Here

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

If you would like a new category added to the gallery system, please reply with the name of the series, and specify if it is an artist, anime, or game. Posts will either be deleted after review, or else replied to after adding. Please check that the current category does not already exist, under other names, etc. Thanks.

EDIT: the Kagaya section is now gone, and won't be up again for reasons explained in this thread http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/33360/

gnXiahouDun

gnXiahouDun

General who Displays Firmness

All I want to ask for right now is a Other/Unknown Bishojo Games (i believe that is the proper term) section under the Games Category. The purpose of this is to decrease the huge load of submission in the Unknown Echhi (mostly) and Unknown Gallery. There are so many submissions in those categories right now that its very difficult for anyone to find if their submission is a duplicate easily. This partially fixes it a bit.
Ideally there should be a gallery for each studio but there are too many studios and many would have only a few submission (too segregated).
Another idea is segregating the current Dead or Alive gallery into Dead or Alive digital (from the actual game) and Dead or Alive anime to decrease the total load of that gallery.
Just some suggestions...comments welcome of course.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. ~Confucius~

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Just as a general note, guys. . . don't just request categories because we don't have them yet. We do not want to have a whole bunch of categories with nothing in them, so please only request categories for series, games, and etc. for which there are a substantial number of items currently languishing in the Other or Unknown categories.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

added Leiji Matsumoto to the Artist/Studio category.
if you know of any others rebel, please share them via PM to me :)

Quote by destructivemidgetshow about like .... a GIF or Flash catagory?

MT categorizes by name of anime/game/artist, not by file type.

Quote by maverickmechanichow about A.I. Love You?

if you know of any submissions, please link to them through this forum before we add the category.

again please only request anime/game/studio categories that have submissions on MT currently or else we will not add them.

so your post should be:

ANIME NAME
[link][link] ~to submissions.

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

In addition, scans for A.I. Love you can also be placed in the Ken Akamatsu category, which only has a few scans in it anyway.

so my idea just gets thrown aside?

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

how about American Voice Actors/ Singers/ Idols?

Signature Image

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by TimothytheDarkMagicianhow about American Voice Actors/ Singers/ Idols?

There is already a section for "music artists" which is separate from Jpop seiyuu/singers/idols and suits this need.

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

how bout the game Fantastic Fortune 2 by Azusa Yuhki.
I have scanned some scans from my artbook already.

Signature

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Quote by destructivemidgetsso my idea just gets thrown aside?

It's called...we're too busy to constantly check this thread - A. B: It wouldn't really work. Animated gifs and flash animation take up lots of bandwidth, are hard to moderate, and don't really serve MT's purpose of walls/scans.

As I suggested in the other thread, I think MT should have a section for PSP wallpaper. The upcoming PSP firmware v2.0 will support custom made background.

Since a lot of anime fans are also gamers, I think it would be great!

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by TheFallingStarAs I suggested in the other thread, I think MT should have a section
for PSP wallpaper. The upcoming PSP firmware v2.0 will support custom
made background.

Although an interesting suggestion, I can see 2 problems with this type of category:
1) This is not a series or artist request, this is a whole new category type - and would require Sheqel to program into the database, since category administration can only add new category series. Additionally, we would need to know the resolution of PSP wallpapers so that the database can be configured to accept that size, the same way the wallpaper galleries only accept wallpapers in specific resolutions (ie 1600x1200, 1024x768.)
(Note: "series" denotes something like "FullMetal Alchemist" or "Yoshitaka Amano";"type" denotes something like "Female scans" or "anime wallpapers.")
2) This would require artists to post wallpapers in a PSP-friendly resolution. Posting multiple versions of a wallpaper is highly frowned upon, which means an artist would have to decide between posting a desktop wallpaper and a PSP wallpaper. This sort of conflict is apparent in the slow acceptance of widescreen wallpapers - while some artists do wall in widescreen resolutions, the majority stick to the more common 4x3 and 5x4 resolutions, although a few occasionally will link to an offsite copy of a widescreen version in their submission of a 4x3/5x4 sized version.

Quote by Tama-NekoAlthough an interesting suggestion, I can see 2 problems with this type of category:

I suppose my idea is like this:

We don't really need a new "category" or "type", but just give an option for artist to submit a PSP version of the wallpaper (480x272 pixel) if they have one. For the wallpaper's display, give an extra link which allows the user to go download the PSP version if they desire to.

i guess it's just a cool idea. I don't really know how difficult it would be since I never have any experience with programming and hosting a website. Thanks for your reply though!

Maybe someday in the future..I hope. :) :)

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Again, having PSP wallpapers is essentially offering another screen resolution. If you would like to upload a PSP-sized version of a wallpaper, link to it in the description of the standard-resolution wall. This rule applies to all non-standard resolutions (such as various weird widescreen ones that Sheqel's too lazy to add XD).

Just out of curiosity: what the heck IS the PSP resolution, anyways?

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a filter by dimensions. For example, with wallpapers and such, it would make it easier to find something you like AND that you can use especially when your flexibility with screen resolution is limited. Thanks

Oblong

Boredom

How 'bout putting up Twisted Metal Black in the games section, it's a real sweet game, but you guys don't seem to have it ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

i was wondering if you could add a Code Lyoko to the catgorys

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

Paniponi Dash catagory please. I have a Paniponi wallpaper ready to upload.

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

I suggest you add Catagories to the forums. That way you can make one for Gundam, Macross, etc, etc and you'll have less people creating multiple treads of the same topic. Currently there are 217 pages of threads, is it a wonder there are so many multiple threads???

Could you create a Shin Angyo Onshi category in Anime? Thanks.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

DIOmega

DIOmega

Disney Slayer

I suggest to add categories for the animes : "captain Harlock", "Galaxy Express 999" and "Cosmowarrior Zero" (from the author Leiji Matsumoto)

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Again guys, we need links to scans/submissions with your requests :)

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

We seem to be getting a lot of poems and songs in the Everyday Life forum.

Should we have a "Song and Poem" forum?

I would like for a category to be made, under the category "anime" for "Samurai Troopers" (original title is "Yoroiden: Samurai Troopers" but just "Samurai Troopers" for a gallery name would be ok). I would upload pics to this gallery myself, because this is not a well-known anime. It's old, and there was a dub (Ronin Warriors) shown once in the US, but otherwise, there is a lot of merchandise for it and I think it is a great series.

Cynthia

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.