Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is it? Yes or No? - Minitokyo

Which is it? Yes or No?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

Are parents sometimes just idiots or is it just me?

(Started from the problem of my grandmother's earring.)

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Some parents are, and some are not. What do u think DancingBlades?

Signature Image

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

Hm, I think all because they pretend to know what we're going through and all that when they really don't. They might sometimes even take in the wrong meaning of our facial expressions and give us the unnecessary attention.

Or when they think that something is really insignificant to you when it is really precious.

wingsofsteel

wingsofsteel

Bloody Murderer

no it isn't just u. parents are always idiots and unfair!! >=(

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

If you know someone for years and you also live together, it's only natural that you will get annoyed from time to time.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Quote by DancingBladesHm, I think all because they pretend to know what we're going through and all that when they really don't. They might sometimes even take in the wrong meaning of our facial expressions and give us the unnecessary attention.
Or when they think that something is really insignificant to you when it is really precious.

Oh. I see. I say yes that their stupid. Even my step dad is one! I hate him! :angry: He thinks that he knows everything but he doesn't!

Signature Image

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

No one knows everything. They try to understand us, even when we try to be so obvious to them. But they just can't see the point that we're trying to get across...

And sometimes... they waste more money than needed... Da bought a BMW when a Toyota would've been no different....

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I can see what ur saying. Does ur parents like, "act like a smart a$$"? Like give u smart remarks that annoys you? Because that is what he does. And it bothers the crap out of me! Sorry for my word usage.

Signature Image

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Yeah, sometimes they are. But not always.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

...hmm...i guess that they're not idiots. they may act like that sometimes, but they really do love you.

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

Hmm...

Quote by fawna-chan...hmm...i guess that they're not idiots. they may act like that sometimes, but they really do love you.

Yeah, I suppose so. But many times, they just get on my nerves so much that I just can't hold it in. Especially when they get into those petite fights/arguments which make me sound pathetic. My family, they mostly are.... Too bad I can't move out yet. I don't have the cash or support... *sighs*

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Not all parents are idiots they just seem that way to us the kids because we have grown up in a different era then they did. So it would just seem that they don't know what we are going through. When in reality it may not have been the same but they probably went through something similar when they were our age. So calling all parents idiots. It is more like a miss understanding becuase of the generational differences.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Cagalli22

Cagalli22

~Dreamer~

Yes, most parents seem like idiots. (I for one know how stupid and cruel they can seem) But really, I think they are just trying to raise their kids they way they think is right...

Dance ~ As Though No One Is Watching You
Sing ~ As Though No One Can Hear You
Love ~ As Though You Have Never Been Hurt Before
Live ~ As Though Heaven Is On Earth

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

No matter how much you may dislike your parents at times there is one thing you all need to remember. They are the only parents you have. You don't know what you have, until it is gone. Trust me, that's a place you don't want to be in. It's cold and lonely. So, parents- idiots or not, well, they are parents and they can do what they want within the law. Also, remember that what drives you up the wall about your parents? You can do the same, if not better to your proginy. :)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

RetsuMatsuro

RetsuMatsuro

~*Taisa*~

In all honestly it'd depend on the parent. Some parents really are bloody idiots. But others do know exactly what they're talking about. We just don't think we have to listen, because we're teenagers, or pre-teens, or even younger, and we know everything. < Hey, some of you out there are older than teens too! >

i don't think that they're idiots. I just think that sometimes it's hard for them to communicate with their kids, because of the different sittuations that we've all grown up in.

I do not try to dance better than anyone else, I only try to dance better than myself.

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

Quote by RetsuMatsuroIn all honestly it'd depend on the parent. Some parents really are bloody idiots. But others do know exactly what they're talking about. We just don't think we have to listen, because we're teenagers, or pre-teens, or even younger, and we know everything. &lt; Hey, some of you out there are older than teens too! &gt;
i don't think that they're idiots. I just think that sometimes it's hard for them to communicate with their kids, because of the different sittuations that we've all grown up in.

WAAAAY older kid. I'm probably one of, if not the oldest member on site. Fastly approaching 29 and lemme tell you what- I scairt. :sweat:

RetsuMatsuro

RetsuMatsuro

~*Taisa*~

XD XD That's alright. It just means your a kid at heart!

I do not try to dance better than anyone else, I only try to dance better than myself.

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

I know what it is like to loose someone when you took them for granted. I've lost five people already. And I'm not taking my parents for granted. I just want them to lay off the idiocy and stop trying to understand me. They can't understand me if no one else in the world does.

I just want them to be who they are. Which is NOT what they are now. They're treating me like I'm a defect kid or something like that!

Oh there are many idiot parents. And it's not because I'm a rebel who hates school blahlah.
Some just don't get enough education and their ideals are in a twist.

- This Free Life Crisis -

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

And this is why mandatory testing before you become a parent should be implemented. Just think, the idiot population would like... dwindle, and hopefully die. No, cause then we wouldn't have anyone to laugh at. Crap...

To me, it always depends on the person/parent. Parents are here to raise their children, with life lessons they grew up with. Some are just worse than others, so it depends.

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Well, I wouldn't really call my parents idiots seeing as they put a roof over my head and feed me everyday. I just say that it's somewhat of a misunderstanding...my parents always keep me at home and never allow me to go out with my friends! They don't trust me going out into the world and etc. I feel so left out with my friends when they do go out to different places. Arg, I guess I love my parents, but then again i get frustrated because they won't let me out of the house..

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

Yes. All parents are idiots. They only work all day, feed you, take care of you, and try to do everything they can for you (except for those few, who beat their kids and molest them, which, I understand, yours don't do?)

Kids are always complaining about their parents. All they're trying to do is protect you. If they're not doing it a way you like, try *talking* to them, and talking isn't screaming and yelling. Sitting down and actually talking about the problem calmly will prove to them that you're mature, and they'll trust you with more.

Quote: They can't understand me if no one else in the world does.

How old are you exactly? That sounds like something an 11 year old would say, seriously. You're not the only one. If you're that "misunderstood", get some help. I went through the same phase you did, and it finally hit me when someone just told me to get over myself that I'm not the only person out there who gets down. You're not the only angsty teen in the world, believe me.

Sometime parents can be really snooty and idiotic.
but you still appreciate them anyway

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.