Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 History used to prevent future mistakes? - Minitokyo

History used to prevent future mistakes?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

(Sidenote: There is a similar thread at http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/23590/ but it didn't seem similar to this.)

There is a saying that history is taught to help us prevent future mistakes. What are your thoughts of this saying?

scarhughes

scarhughes

very wise person

history is history it cant teach lesons on not teach lessons

i have no image, well i do but dont know how ta post it

gracie-chan

gracie-chan

bubbles' drill sargeant

I don't really think that it's used to prevent mistakes. In the end human beings always seem to repeat history.

Signature
LOVU LOVU PANDAS KYAAA >__<
BBLS!! move those muscles.. I wanna see 30 pushups!!

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

well you can certainly learn something from history. but too base your decision from history is kinda "outdated". to compare today from yesterday and years past is somewhat stupid really, just my personal opinion..

its good for advise...........but i don't think that people really follow it and if they do then they don't know it.
kiu

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

IF it did prevent mistakes, the world wouldn't have wars, segregation etc. anymore... but apparently not... it's more of a guide I guess...

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

History tend to repeat it self most of the time. History has been manipulated in some ways too. As for preventing future mistake... we're only human. And mistake is a part of man that you can never change because no one is perfect.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

zorprime

zorprime

Techno Nut

so far I see no example of us learning from past mistakes, we keep making the same mistakes over and over again. So if we are supposed to learn from history, (which I believe we should) we are doing a terriable job of it.

You look at me as if I was insane.... whoever said I was sane to begin with?

i don't think it does. we learn from our mistakes not dead peoples.

Quote by JuvenusIF it did prevent mistakes, the world wouldn't have wars, segregation etc. anymore... but apparently not... it's more of a guide I guess...

and we still have racism and war so i don't really see the point in trying to prevent what is happening.

Quote by DarkSaviorHistory tend to repeat it self most of the time. History has been manipulated in some ways too. As for preventing future mistake... we're only human. And mistake is a part of man that you can never change because no one is perfect.

and if history does repeat itself. i'm gonna take on whatever history throws at me!

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

I don't think we've learned from the past very much. We are just recreating the mistakes of the past in different and mor emodern way.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

history teaches us lessons and truly an experience. but then history repeats itself. it also tells the future as a means of us to be aware of things and get rid of bad things beforehand.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I don't think we've learned much from our history. History tends to repeat itself..so if we make mistakes...unfortunetly, they have the tendancy to happen again. -_-

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

MetalFire

MetalFire

where is my head

history teaches us not to do things. that is sorta the meaning of spanking for little kids. if you didn't learn then you might just charge in and get killed imediatley.

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Hmm...I've grown up with the idea that history was used to prevent future mistakes. But in the end, people always end up making the same mistakes. I think it's the way history is taught...

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Because the world is changing today, and the way in which we interact with people is also changing, we don't really know what impact the lessons of history will have on what we do for the future.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Quote by KamikazeKoga(Sidenote: There is a similar thread at http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/23590/ but it didn't seem similar to this.)

There is a saying that history is taught to help us prevent future mistakes. What are your thoughts of this saying?

if I am correct, I think I was the one who started that saying in the previous thread ;)

lol, I also recall saying that due to human nature "history will repeat itself", make no mistake this does not mean that another atomic bomb will be dropped on hiroshima or nagasaki, but it does mean that a catastrophe of the same nature will take place. We are fools, and history is just a recollection of our biggest mistakes.

Signature Image

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

we learn history as a lesson so that we can prevent it on the future, but people right now with their greedy mine always repeat the history again and agian

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

In a way, history dose prevent us from doing stupid crap. But in another way, it dosent. People just need to stop being stupid, and learn to use comon sence. Look at hitler, he thaugth if he whiped out an intire race, he could improve the world. THat's bull, and we all know it. A lot of these terrorists and stuff seem to be doing stupd crap, that if they just sat back and looked at the big picture, wouldnt happen.

Quote by lnknprkfnIn a way, history dose prevent us from doing stupid crap. But in
another way, it dosent. People just need to stop being stupid, and
learn to use comon sence. Look at hitler, he thaugth if he whiped out
an intire race, he could improve the world. THat's bull, and we all
know it. A lot of these terrorists and stuff seem to be doing stupd
crap, that if they just sat back and looked at the big picture, wouldnt
happen.

now now, I don't want to sound like a racist old fashioned nazi, because Im quite far from being one, but before stating such a strong opinion on Hitlers plans such as "thats bull" you might want to read some history ;). Yes the main idea was to improve the world...but in depth what he truly wished to achive was a perfect race, now wouldn't that be nice? actually no, it wouldn't..it would be boring..but quite peaceful..unfortunally, there is no other way to achive world peace than violence and war. The biggest and longest wars of all time have led to the biggest and longest peace of all time.

Signature Image

would depend on what your doing, thats one thing i like about history it just doesn't include a certen thing..

Signature

His idea, was to destroy everyone that wasnt like him. and yet at the same time he was killing people, who were doing the same thing he was. He in fact, was part Jewish, and was bi sexual. He was being a hippocrat. He was basicly killing off, what he represented, in a way. Dont get me wrong, hitler was a genious. He was an OK ruler of Germany, in his early days, but than something made him go nuts.

harlequin

harlequin

Condrestl Abdello

Pardon, I'll randomly rant.. and cover some things repeatedly. :)

There are constants in this world that are never going to stop, no matter how much "history" you attempt to place in front of someone's face. Whether it be conflict, tragedy, insults -- they're all as plain as life or death itself. I tend to agree with something stated previously in this thread -- history is a "guide". It isn't something we should follow to prevent mistakes.

We're human beings, we're intended to evolve in our own species. With evolution comes conflict, with conflict comes a decision; to figuratively "solve" the situation or not to figuratively "solve" the situation.. No matter if it's as small as a simple fight with your friend or a country-to-country ongoing battle, everyone is going to have a take on something that someone else isn't going to appreciate. If it's anything history should teach us, it's that.

I agree with her. History, is only a guide, but if you think about it, it shows us the mistakes we make. And yet people tend to make the same ones, over and over again. It makes me think of the little 3 year old, who spills a cup of coffe, and realizes, that it's hot and knows to stay away from it. You would think our human instinct would tell us to stay away from making the same mistake twice.

I've just watched a program recently about wiretapping by the government and its relation with american civil rights. The history of the misuse of infomation obtained (ie in the case of Matin Luther King Jr) raised protests against the Partriot Act didn't it? So learning history does prevent some things from reoccuring, or at least helps to raise concern. ^_^

- This Free Life Crisis -

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.