Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is it harder for a guy/girl? - Minitokyo

is it harder for a guy/girl?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

I think both are the same but guys tend to hide their feelings more than girls do over here.

Quote by shugogetteni think, it depend who loves who the most~ that's all i can say

I agree. Usually it's the girls who are affected most but there are cases that the guys are the ones who reaaly love the girls but the girl is just playing.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

himeno22

himeno22

xXsend me an angelXx

i have to say i do agree. it just feels like girls get hurt more than guys.

Do you believe in heaven above?
Do you believe in love?

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

I'm not sure...but when I broke up with my boyfriend it only took me about a day to get over it. But I do think that girls are more emotionally attached though.

It is hard for either one, it's just how we feel in different situations that distiguishes us from one another.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Guys have it harder. We have to take the initiative and ask a girl out. ..Worse, girls tend to toy around with the guy if they are "eying" someone else... ...Which really can be an emotional rollercoaster for the guy. ...The guy also takes on more commitment when married ususally, and should a marriage split, the man tends to be the one paying child support or alimony. Worse, the guy tends to have to give up alot more freedom when married than a girl does... ...So yeah. ...Before during and after dating, I think the guy has the short end of the stick.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Quote by Archer79Guys have it harder. We have to take the initiative and ask a girl out. ..Worse, girls tend to toy around with the guy if they are "eying" someone else... ...Which really can be an emotional rollercoaster for the guy. ...The guy also takes on more commitment when married ususally, and should a marriage split, the man tends to be the one paying child support or alimony. Worse, the guy tends to have to give up alot more freedom when married than a girl does... ...So yeah. ...Before during and after dating, I think the guy has the short end of the stick.

Let me preface this rebuttal with the statement that this is not a personal attack....

Ok. Where have you been living? Yes, guys ask girls out more than the reverse but that it not that big of a deal. And once you get out of the teenage years, that process evens out and because a much less stressful proposition. Yes, girls go sometimes research their alternatives while the are still in a relationship but that tendency is certainly not limited to the female gender. Just look at the statistics on cheating....

Now I'm actually rather irritated by your above opinion on marriage... I commitment is betweem two people. They both agree to (hopefully) only cleave to the other. Men may, according to the numbers, put more money into marriage on average, but I guarantee you that women put more time into it. I'm not going to comment on alimony because I really don't have an accurate comprehension of how it is assigned, but who is any man to complain about child support. You were there to create the brat and now your better own up to your responsibilities. Do you think it is cheap to but the TI 89 calculator you daughter needs for class? Do you expect you son to only have one pair of $45.00 tennis shoes? The average T-shirt at Target cost $10 to $20 dollars and your kid needs more than 7 shirts. Children are very expensive. You have to feed, clothe, and shelter them. And about the freedom issue. What freedoms are you speaking of??? I'm assuming your not talking about the freedom to see other women (I've read other posts by you so I'm pretty sure you're not pond scum masquerading as a man). Do you think married men can't go to the game with their friends anymore? Do you think hunting is forbidden? I'm not married, but I can assure you that I don't try and prevent my bf (who I'm living in sin with) from going to parties or clubs. He pretty much comes home and plays video games until he goes to sleep every single night. Are you talking about roadtrips and such? Well, no if you're married you probably can't just decide to go off for a vacation any time you want, but then in the real world you can't just skip out on work either. However, you can make arrangement to go out of a fishing trip with some of your budies in a couple months. If you care about someone, you make sacrifices to be with them. Do you think wives are not doing without so they can buy things for their children? I can't just go out and buy the shoes I want because I need to save the money for phone bill. Let me tell you about one of my coworkers... She is married to a CPA. He makes loads of money, but he spends it all on golf. She was relatively debt free until she married him, but as soon as she married him she picked up his debt. He has kids from his previous marriage and when they come for holidays so does his ex-wife. When she broke her foot, she drove herself to the hospital while he sat at home. They have two elderly the dogs. She gets up earily to take them to the vet. He doesn't cook for himself or do his own laundry. She has to get up early everymorning to cook his breakfast because he can't handle cereal or oatmeal. He needs bacon and eggs. He won't eat a dinner that doesn't involve a meat and several vegetables. No take-out for him. She has a very nice, but elderly the car that is starting to develop some difficulties. He keeps demanding that she buy a new one, but he doesn't offer to help her pay for it. And you know what really gets me. She never complains. I only know all this because she mentions things trying to make me feel better when I have problems with my bf. She is the sort of person that bring decorations from home for coworkers she doesn't even like when it is their b-day. Now I know not every marriage is like this, but I hear alot of stories like this if not many as bad. So who gets the short end of the stick??????

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

there are girly guys and boyish girls

depends on how deep the relationship is

Schindler

Schindler

Dear God, make everyone die.AMEN

I have some friends who r very sensitive about relationship (include me on them), for example: one of them needed to go to hospital the day he broke with her gf, other started knocking the trees around here till he made a so big cut that he needed to go to hospital too, another cried for 2 days (yes, a guy crying like a baby for a girl o_O). I couldnt sleep for almost week last time I broke... not all guys r all this cold hearted.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Quote by wolfco

Quote by Archer79Guys have it harder. We have to take the initiative and ask a girl out. ..Worse, girls tend to toy around with the guy if they are "eying" someone else... ...Which really can be an emotional rollercoaster for the guy. ...The guy also takes on more commitment when married ususally, and should a marriage split, the man tends to be the one paying child support or alimony. Worse, the guy tends to have to give up alot more freedom when married than a girl does... ...So yeah. ...Before during and after dating, I think the guy has the short end of the stick.

Let me preface this rebuttal with the statement that this is not a personal attack....
Ok. Where have you been living? Yes, guys ask girls out more than the reverse but that it not that big of a deal. And once you get out of the teenage years, that process evens out and because a much less stressful proposition. Yes, girls go sometimes research their alternatives while the are still in a relationship but that tendency is certainly not limited to the female gender. Just look at the statistics on cheating....
Now I'm actually rather irritated by your above opinion on marriage... I commitment is betweem two people. They both agree to (hopefully) only cleave to the other. Men may, according to the numbers, put more money into marriage on average, but I guarantee you that women put more time into it. I'm not going to comment on alimony because I really don't have an accurate comprehension of how it is assigned, but who is any man to complain about child support. You were there to create the brat and now your better own up to your responsibilities. Do you think it is cheap to but the TI 89 calculator you daughter needs for class? Do you expect you son to only have one pair of $45.00 tennis shoes? The average T-shirt at Target cost $10 to $20 dollars and your kid needs more than 7 shirts. Children are very expensive. You have to feed, clothe, and shelter them. And about the freedom issue. What freedoms are you speaking of??? I'm assuming your not talking about the freedom to see other women (I've read other posts by you so I'm pretty sure you're not pond scum masquerading as a man). Do you think married men can't go to the game with their friends anymore? Do you think hunting is forbidden? I'm not married, but I can assure you that I don't try and prevent my bf (who I'm living in sin with) from going to parties or clubs. He pretty much comes home and plays video games until he goes to sleep every single night. Are you talking about roadtrips and such? Well, no if you're married you probably can't just decide to go off for a vacation any time you want, but then in the real world you can't just skip out on work either. However, you can make arrangement to go out of a fishing trip with some of your budies in a couple months. If you care about someone, you make sacrifices to be with them. Do you think wives are not doing without so they can buy things for their children? I can't just go out and buy the shoes I want because I need to save the money for phone bill. Let me tell you about one of my coworkers... She is married to a CPA. He makes loads of money, but he spends it all on golf. She was relatively debt free until she married him, but as soon as she married him she picked up his debt. He has kids from his previous marriage and when they come for holidays so does his ex-wife. When she broke her foot, she drove herself to the hospital while he sat at home. They have two elderly the dogs. She gets up earily to take them to the vet. He doesn't cook for himself or do his own laundry. She has to get up early everymorning to cook his breakfast because he can't handle cereal or oatmeal. He needs bacon and eggs. He won't eat a dinner that doesn't involve a meat and several vegetables. No take-out for him. She has a very nice, but elderly the car that is starting to develop some difficulties. He keeps demanding that she buy a new one, but he doesn't offer to help her pay for it. And you know what really gets me. She never complains. I only know all this because she mentions things trying to make me feel better when I have problems with my bf. She is the sort of person that bring decorations from home for coworkers she doesn't even like when it is their b-day. Now I know not every marriage is like this, but I hear alot of stories like this if not many as bad. So who gets the short end of the stick??????

Well I'm glad I came back to the thread. ...You should PM someone if you expect a response.

My comments were strictly limited to the responsibilities undertaken by a man. This was without regard for any ethical considerations associated with it. ...And yes, child support is important, and a warranted obligation. However, in most cases (but not all), the man assumes the risk that the wife (who is bearing the children) is truely interested in him as a life partner, and not just as a source of income. ...That was my point, no more, no less.

...And incidentally, I feel all divorice is wrong. ...Marriage is not about love or attraction. It is about commitment. Sex outside of marriage is wrong. ...Simply because if children result without that commitment, it is a terrible thing. ...And "cleaving together" is a good thing about marriage.

midorinokari

midorinokari

Till My Forever Become No Longer

Quote by sjolleyGirls. Guys usually don't let themselves get emotionally attatched
unless they're serious about the girl... Girls usually take every
relationship too seriously. If you get my meaning. I don't mean that we
shouldn't take relationships seriously, but girls usually look into the
future of the relationship... Guys usually look at the here and now...

Well, I have to agree that only some guys take it that way. Breaking up is also a devastating thing for a guy. Its just that guys have that macho ego, I should know. Because of this ego, guys wouldn't show signs of emotional weakness. It wouldn't readily appear that the guy is hurt, but he is. I guess the damage is equal for both the guy in the girl, given that they genuinely love each other... It may appear that one is more hurt, but its just an illusion created by a guy or a girls reaction.

Just a thought... Hai! Over and Out...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kanzaki83

kanzaki83

Kanzaki

Well I am emotional and I know guys that are emotional but it depends on the situation and on the guy/girl. If i am in a relationship with someone that doesn't care as much then I will not show any emotions: I'll be cold as an iceberg. But when respected I can love the person with all my heart.

"When you lose at love you gotta chase your dreams"
Yota-Video Girl Ai

Signature

MystralBlade

MystralBlade

[MystralBlade]

I got the wrong idea when I bumped in here but here's my IMHO's

I believe its girls yes.
When it comes to maintaining(Holding On's) & breaking up(Letting Go's)

But when it comes to acquiring or making relationships,
I think its guys.
Women/Girls may have waves of suitors across their lives but when it comes to guys, I believe most just go a very long way just to be turned down ^_^

As I've said all's been said IMHO
Feel free to Bite me ^_^ tee hee ^_^

[Keep it Cool Keep it Real with "Jenny's Music"]
~Respect is Earned Not Readily Given~

girls are normally sentimental and cant keep their emotions bottled inside for long, unless its something really big like HIV, they could easily be comforted by her girlfriends and help her out. whereas guys their pride gets in their way from showing how they feel especially in front other guys, guys would normally just laugh at the situation and say something like 'there's plenty of fish in the sea' or she's an ugly m****r, i dont see what you liked about her' so its harder for guys to tell other guys that she dumped him. it makes the guy look pathetic that he got so attached to her. i think both, its just that guys tend to hide it

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Quote by sjolleyGirls. Guys usually don't let themselves get emotionally attatched unless they're serious about the girl... Girls usually take every relationship too seriously. If you get my meaning. I don't mean that we shouldn't take relationships seriously, but girls usually look into the future of the relationship... Guys usually look at the here and now...

And in this respect, I am much too like a girl. Not sure if thats a good thing, or a bad thing.

Knowledge is power and power is knowledge. Neither is wisdom. Wisdom is knowing how to use knowledge and power that comes from it.

usually girls, but it's whoever relies on their companion more. I'm pretty emotionless, maybe because I haven't yet been in a serious relationship.

AtmaCashino

AtmaCashino

The Destroyer of Everything

Quote by sjolleyGirls. Guys usually don't let themselves get emotionally attatched unless they're serious about the girl... Girls usually take every relationship too seriously. If you get my meaning. I don't mean that we shouldn't take relationships seriously, but girls usually look into the future of the relationship... Guys usually look at the here and now...

Actually, I read in the Reader's Digest with the headlines "The secret life of men" that also talked about their emotions (as a whole, one exception is me; I've lost almost all emotion)

In that book, I've read that females are more in tune with their right sides of their brains (which also deal with emotions besides creativity) while males are with their left side (logic). However, men do feel emotions, they just have a tendency to bottle them up until it blows up.

Signature

Prepare for total annihilation!

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

It depends how emotional you are. Some guys are more sensitive than some girls. As for me, I can...but it also depends. Just don't get me started, heh.

It's so hard to be a guy.........

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

the few weeks before i changed today, i have had quotes under my name, those quotes as people who knows me, should read exactly how i feel when she gone....
i however got by now, no use crying over spilt milk....

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Quote by Chobitsluvawell it depends who likes who more to see who gets more attached to the relation ship
-D.j.

I agree, depending on who likes who more. I've seen enough of both to know that there is many guys who are just as sensitve as girls are in a broken relationship.

I am nothing but trouble...
Signature

it always depends who is more in the relationship... but even if the boys are more hurt... then they wouldn't show it the same way the girls do... girls mostly cry their eyes out... while boys... get quiet.. or angry.. or whatsoever..

At least that's what I figured =D

chichiri1907

chichiri1907

Sweet Dreams

Girls because they take everything seriously,
Guys are more carefree but when it comes down to the guy really likng the girl then he gets way more upset than the girls..so it really depends on the situation

Signature Image
Suuki <3 made the amazing avatar/sig. set

Quote by getteni think, it depend who loves who the most~ that's all i can say

I agree

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.