Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sewing... - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

basic everyday skill X3...do you have it?
how competent are you at sewing?
any cool sewing accidents you want to share X3?

hm...when you read the title you might think it's something like cosplay or sewing your own clothes....
but i was just thinking of basic type of sewing^^

like how you would maybe mend your pants when you get a rip...
or sew your clothes in when they're too big...or the opposite XD...
or adding a button here or there

how competent are you at it ?...is my question X3
...usually people think that women are better at it then men....
which is toootally sexist...
and proved wrong with my parents XD
my mom can sooooo not sew...fixing the length of pants...she gets so frustrated when she uses a needle and thread that she ends up stapling the pant leg instead xD
my dad on the other hand can sew...he does his own buttons when they come off and even changes the length of his pants on his own..
my uncle is even cooler cux he learned to use the sewing machine on his own =O

and...another thing....sewing is dangerous O___O...you might not believe but creeeepy things can happen...
In my school..it was said that one kid was sewing on the sewing machine when the needle broke and the tip flew into their eye O___O...
that's why grade 8's in my school hafta wear safetly goggles...

lol..and one time i was seam ripping what i was sewing....made a mistake so i had to take it out....and then i pulled toward myself and stabbed myself on the wrist...left a mark
and some people thought i was suicidal <____<...NO I'M NOT
sewwing full of sharp and dangerous stuff X3 ...but fun...

I think sewing is all about patience...and a little skill...

o and in the end...i guess you could just take it to a tailor to fix your stuff =P but that just totally ruines the thread xD

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

in terms of sewing skills... i've got the basics... i can patch ripped clothes or add/reattach a button... i can sew pillows or seat cushions or little bags... but nothing so big as sewing my own clothes...

Signature Image

i don't really like sewing.. but if i really have to sew i think i can do the basics.. :)

'' live life to the fullest''

Jolleygreenmarine

Jolleygreenmarine

I am immune

uh, what's that? Is a guy supposed to be able to do that?

Ignorance is not bliss.
Having an ego is not all that bad.
I am perfection personified. :D

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

Basics are always good^^

Quote by Jolleygreenmarineuh, what's that? Is a guy supposed to be able to do that?

no...guys don't have to be able to...but neither do girls xD...but who would do it then <___<...ehwell...xD

KiYa

KiYa

Quotes for me

i haven't learned how to truely sew, but for a guy...i think i know more than the typical guy...though, i do want to help the girls i know make thier "school girl outfits" or any other cosplay...i think that it'd be fun^^

Prose

Prose

Wonderlust

Ya, I can sew. I've made a stuffed animal or two. Haha. And fixing holes in clothes and junk too.

Signature

brynjar

Wallpapering newbie

can make stuffed animals (nothing advanced though) and pillows, but that's it. don't feel i need to level up the skill anymore.

super mutant ninja otaku

I forgot how to do it...I usd to do it when I was 8th grade...for a class...I forgot what it is called...start with home-something...anyway...I think I can se...just need a little bit of reminding...by the way...the stiches I made are horrible...it isn't straight...ands the size is of each one is like unequal...lol...I can cook though

Signature Image

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

Quote by KiYai haven't learned how to truely sew, but for a guy...i think i know
more than the typical guy...though, i do want to help the girls i know
make thier "school girl outfits" or any other cosplay...i think that
it'd be fun^^

ooo that does sounds fun X3 ....hehe..

Quote by ProseYa, I can sew. I've made a stuffed animal or two. Haha. And fixing holes in clothes and junk too.

Quote by brynjarcan make stuffed animals (nothing advanced though) and pillows, but that's it. don't feel i need to level up the skill anymore.

stuff animals are good^^...i've made a teddybear and a rabbit before ...
i like the sewing part and decorating but i never really got used to the stuffing :nya:

Quote by OneWingTenshiI forgot how to do it...I usd to do it when I was 8th grade...for a
class...I forgot what it is called...start with
home-something...anyway...I think I can se...just need a little bit of
reminding...by the way...the stiches I made are horrible...it isn't
straight...ands the size is of each one is like unequal...lol...I can
cook though

home economics X3 ....yup..o.. grade 8's girls and guys have to take sewing...and woodwork and electronics and drafting and foods...and art..drama or choir..at my school...
it's good because we get to try new things out X3
after that i wanted to take every class :nya:
but of course no room on my schedule for that >.<
hehe...i think my first handsewing stitches were horrible too xD..lol...trying to sew the bear's back up...it looked like those stiches you get when you hurt yourself ...xD
oo cooking is good X3...i can cook...some stuff :\ ...lol...

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Like must men, I can't really sew. i can go the basic like fix stuff dolls and stuff. But there is no way I can sew more complicated stuff.

Signature

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I can handle the basics but I'm not really interesting in sewing clothes without a machine and I don't have one because I don't see myself actually making anything. I think everyone should be able to do a simple hem because you might need to know how if you're ever lost in the woods with a nasty cut or something.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

Quote by RainOfStarsLike must men, I can't really sew. i can go the basic like fix stuff
dolls and stuff. But there is no way I can sew more complicated stuff.

basics is still sewing^^...some people don't even know that =x

Quote by wolfcoI can handle the basics but I'm not really interesting in sewing
clothes without a machine and I don't have one because I don't see
myself actually making anything. I think everyone should be able to do
a simple hem because you might need to know how if you're ever lost in
the woods with a nasty cut or something.

I don't have a machine either X3...
oo >-<...never thought of that second part...quite true...

i remember all those stories the teachers tell in the beginning of the class. all true stories about accidents former students had. they made me decide to never take those classes again. there was this one story about a guy in ontario or something about a guy whose needle broke off from the machine and went in his eye. everyone had to wear eye protection on the first day now. well i can't really sew... don't really like it.

the meaning of life is [drumrollll]........................2?

celebril

celebril

Follower of Toshiya - Basslord!

I hate sewing, ever since i was forced to learn it at primary school. I remember hating it simply because the girls had to learn it and the boys got to do something else, also because when we sat there doing our sewing on our laps i managed to sew my piece of embroidery to my dress once.... :sweat:

Signature
	Image Without Toshiya there is nothing!
(colourbar by caged of creep graphics)
Proud member of album-critique // Gacktfans // J-Rockers // JMusic-Quiz-Lovers // Loveless-Neko // MT-UK

I can sew!... I'm actually working part time at a seamtresses... we do alterations and repairs!... so I can do most things... I think the worst thing that has happened there was when one of my co-workers got her finger stuck under the foot and ended up sewing through her finger... yeah not nice... if you think home machines are dangerous don't work on a factory sewing machine....

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

I can sew, but it's not exactly my favorite thing to do... I usually do mending for my dad, cuz he's helpless. heh. I do the same for my bro too. eh.

Why do you kill the joy of death?

*envies Ama's sewing skills*

I know some of the basic basics [certain stitches and not much more ^_^'] and have made a couple of things, but I want to learn how to make clothes :D Choosing fabrics, designs, etc. XD The process sounds time-consuming but in the end, it's so rewarding ^^

Unfortunately, my mom put away her sewing machine when I was much younger and so I didn't get to learn at home. My school did away with the home ec class before I came. Foods [cooking] is the only class that comes close to that. lol, we used to have auto shop as a class before too!

I went to a wedding reception last week and one of the bride's best friends had made these awesomely cute teddy-bears which she had made clothes for, dressing them as bride and groom. She also made tiny keychains of bear heads for wedding favors, adorning them with veils or bow ties. I want to be able to do that kind of thing :D

Prose

Prose

Wonderlust

Ya, I learned everything I know from Home Economics. ^_^'

Signature

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

i can sew functionally, but not pretty. i have considered becoming good enough to make a hobby of lingerie-making, though

I am invincible!

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

Quote by BorisGrishenkoi can sew functionally, but not pretty. i have considered becoming good enough to make a hobby of lingerie-making, though

Ha Ha! lol, go for it Grishenko! :D lmao!

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by sjolley

Quote by BorisGrishenkoi can sew functionally, but not pretty. i have
considered becoming good enough to make a hobby of lingerie-making,
though

The real trick is getting the time to get good at it. maybe after fire academy ends.

I am invincible!

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by sjolley

Quote by BorisGrishenkoi can sew functionally, but not pretty. i have
though

The real trick is getting the time to get good at it. maybe after fire academy ends.

Ha Ha, going to make it a hobbie? Eh? lol

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by sjolley

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by sjolley

Quote by BorisGrishenkoi(...) can sew functionally, but not pretty. i have
though

Ha Ha, going to make it a hobbie? Eh? lol

Well i can't make it a business, especially since i lack skill. between that, learning japanese, wanting to get a locksmithing license, fire, EMS, and my computer work, i will manage to have a lot to do with my free time.

I am invincible!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.