Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Files received, not doing anything.. - Minitokyo

Files received, not doing anything..

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

For the past two days, my friend has been trying to send me this mp3 via MSN. I receive the file and when I go to open it, Microsoft blocks it saying it's a possible threat to my computer...So, I go to my Received Files folder....and the file itself isn't there even if I get the message in MSN that I received it...

We tried evreything and we're out of options...is it because I downloaded the new MSN version ? I can receive pictures just fine...but I can't get the songs...

Please someone help me :D

Signature Image

Skillzpay

Skillzpay

Graduated Magna Cum Laude!

I've heard that in the past that msn hasn't allowed for transfers of mp3 files between its users so it doesn't have anything to do with the new version of msn. I'd advise your friend do one of the following....

1) give the file a different file extension
2) zip it up
3) upload onto their personal webspace/server for you to d/l
4) or upload it to http://www.yousendit.com if they dont have any sort of webspace or server, where you can download it afterwards, once your friend provides you with the d/l link

microsft always does that, don't believe it and just accept it, then do a virus scan on it

It always works for me. First accept the file transfer, then DO NOT open the file through msnm, do so through Windows Explorer, or what you would call, the normal way :D . Otherwise, the same error message will show up and delete the file!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Hm...yeah, Skillzpay's suggestions would probably work best. I did just a few days ago and it works fine but it could be the new MSN doesn't allow that.

Signature Image

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

zip it on rar it, or put on a fserve, thats what I will do

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.