Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 "The NewWaveProjectGroup-Movie Poster Event & New Layout!" - Minitokyo

"The NewWaveProjectGroup-Movie Poster Event & New Layout!"

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/FashScream/movieposter.jpg

It is time for something different than your everyday anime wallpaper contest...

Title: "The Movie Poster"

Description: create a poster to promote an upcoming movie or your favorite one /non-anime please/.

Format: image size required - 1050 pixels width by 1500 pixels height

Restrictions: two posters per person; please try not to re-do existing ideas for that movie.

deadline: August 10th 2005

Send to: deyan79 at msn dot com /in order for me to create an offsite gallery featured on my website/ Please include description, inspiration process, why did you picked this movie, a little bio etc.

Submit: you can submit your work to mt, as long as you provide link to the group and the official thread

Judging: non-public voting by anonymous judges

Prizes: an artbook scanned zip file bundle selected by the winner from DREAM's personal stash.

Organizer: DernierCri ... looking for a back-up team, someone to help in case I vanish...

Post your questions, if you want to participate or anything related with the new NewWaveProject Group. or DernierCri [grunge priest]

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/Dream666/cloverpostera.gif
**NEW WAVE GROUP PROJECT POSTER COMPETITION PRIZES**

YOSHITOSHI ABe
----ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
----AME NOFURO BASHO
----ESSENCE
----GoFA PORTFOLIO A
----HAIBANE RENMEI
----NIEA7
----RYUU TAI
----SUPER ROBOT COLOR COMIC I&II
----WHITERAIN
AKEMI TAKEDA [VARIOUS]
YOSHITAKA AMANO
----FIRST
----HITEN
----LE ROI DE LA LUNA
----MATEN
----MONO
----BEGINNINGS, GEMINI & PROGRESS [CD ARTWORK]
----SANDMAN: THE DREAM HUNTERS
----THE VIRGIN
----1001 NIGHTS [ANIMATION]
----ANGELS EGG [ANIMATION]
AYAMI KOJIMA [VARIOUS CASTLEVANIA SERIES]
BEKSINSKI [INCLUDES ARTWORK & SKETCHES]
CAPCOM DESIGN WORKS
CARNELIAN VISUAL FAN BOOK [NUDITY]
CRONO CROSS MISSING PIECE OF THE WORLD
CLAMP
----CHOBITS FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
----MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH
----RG VEGA
----X ILLUSTRATED HISTORY COLLECTION
DISGAEA
DN ANGEL
EVANGELION DER MOND
FALCOM HISTORY LEGEND OF THE ILLUSTRATION
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST
GHOST IN THE SHELL STAND ALONE COMPLEX
GUNDAM
----GUNDAM ARTBOOK
----GUNDAM SEED ARTBOOK
JAPANESE COMICKERS [VARIOUS ARTISTS]
KANAN ILLUSTRATION COLLECTION ARTBOOK
KAMI KAZE KAITOU JEANNE
KEIJI GOTOH KINETIC GIRLS
LUIS ROYO [NUDITY]
----TATTOOS, STRIPTEASE. CONCEPTION I&II
----MALEFIC
----SECRETS
----WOMAN
----MILLENIUM
----DREAMS
----EVOLUTION
----PROHITITED I&II&III
----SKETCHES
RANGE MURATA
----BLUE SUBMARINE NO. 6
----FUTURHYTHM
----LIVE A BALANCED LIFE
----SUPER ROBOT COLOR COMIC VOLUMES I&I
----SPHERES
NARUTO
SAIYUKI BACKGAMMONSANDMAN
----KING OF DREAMS
----THE DREAM HUNTERS
STAR OCEAN TREASURE
TENJO TENGE ARTBOOK
TRIGUN ARTBOOK
YASUSHI NIRASA- CHAMELON [NUDITY]

ARTBOOK PRIZE NOTE:
SINCE SOME ARTBOOKS HAVE 120 PAGES WHILE OTHERS HAVE 30; CERTAIN BOOKS WILL COUNT AS A 1/2 CHOICE ETC. FOR INSTANCE ALL OF THE MURATA & ABe BOOKS WILL COUNT AS 1 ZIP FILE EACH. ALSO NOTE I HAVE SEVERAL ARTBOOKS THAT I NEED TO SCAN AND THEY WILL BE ADDED ONCE I FINISH SCANNING. UPON CONCLUSION OF THE POSTER CONTEST I WILL GENERATE A FINAL LIST. GOOD LUCK MES AMIS!

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

thanks dream for posting this and providing the prizes.

Just dropping a note that I updated the MT Gems links for the group page... make sure to check out the featured submissions and other links everyone!

I believe and hope this would be a great event, so if you are up for participating or you just like the idea, we would apreciate if you promote it among your friends. Thank you!

Once ppl express interest I will make a list with the participants. You can enter anytime before the deadline for submission.

Any questions?

sounds like this will be lots of fun :)

Signature

when you look into the shadows you will find a friend

Thanks DREAM for the great sig

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

most welcome DernierCri. it's a great idea and an excellent oppurtunity to increase the groups membership as well.

i am at your disposal DC and will help in any way i can. ;)

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Biri on board, reporting for duty! *salute* How can I help?

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Nice idea >.o i have to think in my poster,with all the problems on the Battle Royale,we need another contest to make the group back ^^

K I R A B O S H I !

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Me long time no join in contest.
Me have to make good poster.
Me will join....
Me will eat chunky beef! XD

Quote by DREAMhttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/FashScream/movieposter.jpg
It is time for something different than your everyday anime wallpaper contest...
Title: "The Movie Poster"
Description: create a poster to promote an upcoming movie or your favorite one /non-anime please/.
Format: image size required - 1050 pixels width by 1500 pixels height
Restrictions: two posters per person; please try not to re-do existing ideas for that movie.
deadline: August 10th 2005
Send to: deyan79 at msn dot com /in order for me to create an offsite gallery featured on my website/ Please include description, inspiration process, why did you picked this movie, a little bio etc.
Submit: you can submit your work to mt, as long as you provide link to the group and the official thread
Judging: non-public voting by anonymous judges
Prizes: an artbook scanned zip file bundle selected by the winner from DREAM's personal stash.
Organizer: DernierCri ... looking for a back-up team, someone to help in case I vanish...
Post your questions, if you want to participate or anything related with the new NewWaveProject Group. or DernierCri [grunge priest]

One question: Do we need to put casting, directed by and all the other stuff a movie poster should need or can we just make it up? cos searchign for the right trademarks or copyright is a bit stiff dont ya think? >_<

:) :) :) The offer interesting. Can that нибудь and I shall make... Whether I do not know I shall be in time to term. This month with a computer I do not work. I have a rest at the sea...
ciao braske

EVERY MAN TO HIS TASTE

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

wow awesome ^_^ contest this should be interesting.
Awesome work denier and dream ^_^

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Oracle: You could probably use a website like IMDb.com for casting info, or possibly an existing poster. I think you could just wing it, though, if you want to - as long as it looks realistic. Use MT member names...? XD

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

well regarding Oracle's question:
answer is no... we don't have to spend time looking for stuff like that since we are not going to be actually releasing those in any form besides around here and in the offsite gallery...
think of it guys as an art experiment other than comission work...
you don't really have to feature any of the actors of images from the film as well, you can just try represent how the film made you feel, what's the punch line for you, you don't even have to have the title of the movie on it if it is more of a teaser poster...
I hope that makes sense.... in other words try and stay away from dvd cover look..

DC out...

EDIT: calisqo I didn't get if you are actually joining?

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Quote by DenierEDIT: calisqo I didn't get if you are actually joining?

lol okay ^_^ i join ^_^.
It sounds like fun ^_^

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

I added calisqo to the participants list and dream to the back-up team.

Here is a good idea from biri to promote the event - add to your signature "Ride The New Wave" linking to the official thread here.
You can come up with your own signature line if you want...
that's it for now... it's my birthday, so I'm old... *cries*

DC out...

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Heres my 2 new posters here on MT so you know these were taken =P

.: Serenity :.
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/145214/

.:V for Vendetta :.
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/145218/

Sandra

Sandra

.:: Haya karo waru karo ::.

I think that it's a great idea !!! dream you rox :D

Some questions : If I want to submit the poster on MT i should put the link to this thread , and to something else ??

Signature

sounds interesting, mind if i join?

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by SandraI think that it's a great idea !!! dream you rox :D

Some questions : If I want to submit the poster on MT i should put the link to this thread , and to something else ??

merci Sandra, but the chief architect of this venture, DernierCri deserves all the credit. i am merely backup and the prize-supplier. ;)

if and hopefully when you submit your work[s] of art just provide a link to this thread and don't forget to post what your movies are and a link in this thread. for example as OracleAngel did.

Quote by crapmonstersounds interesting, mind if i join?

haha, are you serious? absolutely not. :) we need all the great wallers we can get for this project. ^^

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

Sandra: just make sure to send me description and bio on my e-mail to be used in the offsite gallery... I am adding you as participant.

crapmonster: yeah man you are in...

itsDchlorine: you are in as well and don't worry you'll have time

and here is my first poster:
The Pianist

my second one will be for the upcoming "The Island" on July 22nd, so keep your fingers crossed it's in Dernier's workshop...

participants list so far:

1. DernierCri
2. Rebel-Soul-Kaze
3. OracleAngel
4. calisqo
5. crapmonster
6. Sandra
7. itsDchlorine
8. Tama-Neko
9. You!

I think that's it for now... oh and remember NO anime...
~dc out~

EDIT: Tama-Neko the crazy girl enters the contest with a flying start submitting her first entry: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/145572/

it gonna be fun ppl... everyone is getting crazierrrrrr

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by DernierCriEDIT: Tama-Neko the crazy girl enters the contest with a flying start
submitting her first entry: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/145572/

Now the hard part... seeing if I can submit a second one that's even crazier! :O

for the res, can we switch the height and width? cause for one of mine, im finding its the only way its gonna work

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

Quote by crapmonsterfor the res, can we switch the height and width? cause for one of mine, im finding its the only way its gonna work

*sighs* man you are making it harder than it is... lol
I am sorry to say this but I really really wanted all of them to be vertical oriented like real posters. I would say keep it 1050 width *1500 height if you can. I thought it would look great in the offsite gallery if they are all the same... *sighs again*

so far the answer is no, but I wonder what everyone else thinks....

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Good line up of members, I've decided to take part in this competition, if there's any spaces left. I should have my internet back anytime time soon, so entering shouldn't be a problem.

Signature

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

I added kai81220 and boogybro to the participants list...

since we got quite a few entries already I'll be working on the offsite gallery hosted on my site
www.NuclearSeasons.com - if someone has objection against having his poster there let me know. Gotta think of design for it now...

DC out...

P.S. Hey back up team where are you guys ... I was away for a day and nothing has been done for that time *smacks dream* ... lol just kidding ppl ....
Go search for participants

P.P.S. I was asked if the poster can be for Advent Children the movie, so let me clear the rule about that:
NO anime
NO anything that is a game category in mt
but you can still do like Harry Poter and stuff....
hope that clears it.... sorry kai81220... pick another one.

EDIT: addition...
asking: biri I was wondering if you would like to choose the new MT gems for this week?

me: I am working on the offsite gallery... the design is done and now it's up to my precious to code it into properly working website... so bear with me.

teaser: dream is preparing a list of the artbook scan bundles, that the top three will be able to choose from. 1st gets 3 bundles, 2nd - two, 3rd - one... I hope that makes sense.

reminder: advertise ppl...

Hi.
Cidade de Deus is my movie poster for the competition.
I might not be on the participans list but I told DC that I'll participate.

PS. Waitin' for the Off-Site gallery...I am very excited.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.