Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Unreal Tournament 2007 - Minitokyo

Unreal Tournament 2007

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I am an avid follower of the UT franchise and purchase every one that is released. I enjoy them intently and while searching for a replacement to my lost copy of UT 2004, I stumbled across the release date in the UK for UT 2007. 01/12/05 is the date!

Anyway, I was looking to update this thread when new information is released, but for now, I provide you with a few links to reviews and discussions on the game ^__^ .

http://www.unrealtournament2007.com/
http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2007/about.php
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unrealtournament2007/preview_6123872.html

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

did the folks who make that game ever work out their crappy physics? I remember buying the original Unreal Tournament and being sorely disappointed in their physics engine. That is one thing Quake-based engines always got right, especially in Half Life.

I am invincible!

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

It was much improved in UT 2004. The new physics engine they implemented caused bodies to slump, and fall like 'rag dolls' down holes. The vehicle physics were also pretty impressive. Word is, that it's meant to get another upgrade in the new title.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

Keik

TarballIUTzone

Well
Here another UT Player :)

i like UT since UT 99 and i already own utk4 :)
i play every day (ok its an half Houre b/c i dont have mooor free time xd

i really want to Buy 07 but have you seen the videos ?

The new rocketlauncher smokes that much that you cant see trough it :P
The also change the movement in "Envy"

Heres a link to 2 Movies ;)

http://www.utzone.de/include.php?path=content/overview.php&catid=100&type=4

;)

And hey i saw youre Links too late :P

Im happy that we have more Utlers on MT ;)

How long do you Play ?

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by Aa-chanIt was much improved in UT 2004. The new physics engine they
implemented caused bodies to slump, and fall like 'rag dolls' down
holes. The vehicle physics were also pretty impressive. Word is, that
it's meant to get another upgrade in the new title.

glad to hear it. You can have a great shooter setup, great graphics, and good controls, but without physics that make sense, it is tough to really get into it. Are they doing a linux port this time around?

I am invincible!

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by KeikHow long do you Play ?

I've been playnig since about 2000 and unfortunately, not so much recently. I used to play it a lot, but then I stopped using my comp for games and it fell out of favour with the rest of the games. However, I plan to start up again when I get my new computer and continue with the release of 2007 :) .

Quote by BorisGrishenko
glad to hear it. You can have a great shooter setup, great graphics,
and good controls, but without physics that make sense, it is tough to
really get into it. Are they doing a linux port this time around?

I couldn't agree more. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

Keik

TarballIUTzone

Every Ut version has a linux Port so be sure that UT 2007 will run WITH a Linux port ;)

i really love the Physics in all UT Games whatever im a Fan of The Tournament games :)

Im happy about UT 07 but i will miss the UT Space doge Jumps you faster Style , i love to do cool things in Games like jump, wall doges ...

^_^

Dufoe88

Dufoe88

Dressed to kill! BLAH!!..

I love this game.. me and my friends play it since the 1st unreal till the last one 2004.. and we never beaten from anyone :D
iam shocked that a new unreal 2007!!!!!! will be out soon!! :o iam sure it will be more more better.. cuz in the website i see the ghrapics more better !!! cant wait to play it :x

My last work "The Art Of Dufoe "

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

I dont know why people like unreal tournament. No matter what I've never really liked it. When I first saw it, it looked okay, when I played it different story. God only hopes this is a better version.

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

that is nice that it will have mega uber graphic ... but first thing what half ppl does is try to turn everything off to better see enemy :X

This sort of ego-shooter are nice but i prefer to play other games like AvP or Bf because you can use your "brain" much more then your instinct ;)

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

yeah, UT is never my game, i prefer to play like CS or urban terror while your teamwork determins how successful you will be

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Keik

TarballIUTzone

I played 2 Years BF and Cs (Clan)but this games are ever boring me out after a Period of time the Only Shooters that i play are RTCW (not ET) and ut.

ut players are diffrent from other players b/c its an other style of Skill, and yes UT players have skills ( even Wallboosts :) )

cs makes Fun but for me its nothing to the Fun that i have in UT.
(Dont beat me for that)

rofl* Ut is the only Game that i really love, you know its like a GES Blob on a long distance ^_^

ut2007 looks like a nice game. But, wanting to play it at max settings will probably mean I'll have to buy something like a 7800gtx graphics card, which is something I can't afford.

CS is too easy a game in my opinion, on every ranked server I've been on, I've gotten more than 60% headshots.

I prefeer my modern combat shooters, like Battlefield 2.

Signature

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

I'm glad to see they aren't coming out with a new game every year (as it was once rumored they would do). I've been playing UT for a while (UT, ut2k3, ut2k4), and it's still a favorite of mine. They obviously introduced the new game modes as an experiment in 2k4, that didn't surprise me, but I'm surprised that they're removing them in 2k7. ONS is my baby though, and they'd better not mess with it.

Only thing I'm worried about is Unreal Engine 3. I've seen what it can do, and it looks like a bruiser (i.e.- What seperates the men from the boys in terms of video cards). Ati better hurry up with Crossfire so I can be 'ut2k7 ready'.

I need to reinstall UT2k4 and get some practice in. I'm so rusty by now that it'll be like starting all over again. Anyone up for a game sometime?

Signature

yees i have all unreals ^^ unreal, unreal gold, ureal tournamet, UT goty, Unreal II awakening, 2003, 2004.....and, i want 2007 too ^^
a question: in 2004 ^^
what mod is your favorite?? ^^
my favorite is "Onslaught" like BF

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I play UT goty. ...I have been disappointed by UT 2003 and UT 2004 (but less by 2004). ..The game plays slow like Quake. ...ut GOTY plays extremely fast and smooth...

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

I've always been a fan of the UT series. When it first came out, it was fairly different than the other FPSes out at the time. It was much higher paced than any of the other games I'd played, and the overall feel of the game was much more "cartoonish." While realism is great and all, having a different style game worked really well. I never actually enjoyed Quake III (was more of a Q2 fan) and I liked the setup of UT.

When 2k3 came out, I wasn't terribly impressed. While it was still fast paced, it felt like a step backwards from the original. Assult was removed (a game mode I loved in the original) and was replaced with bombing run. While that was neat, I didn't really get into it.

UT2k4 was a different story. Even though the graphics and physics engines were very similar, the game felt far more refined. The addition of Onslaught and return of Assult helped shape the game. The vehicles are very entertaining and add an extra dimension to the game. I've found the game to be one of the favorites at LAN parties hosted at our workplace. The addition of the ECE expansion pack may add additional dimensions of gameplay.

I'll be checking out the new release when it comes out, though 2k4 may stay on my shelf for years to come. It was definately worth the $40!

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Keik

TarballIUTzone

I dont know if im able to play ut7k on my machine b/c i habe a 6800 Gt ;) i hope so.

My Favorite is TDM or CTF sometimes , mutant can also be funny :)

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

UT has always been one for being playable on lower end hardware, so you guys needn't be worried. Keik, a 6800gt will be more than enough to play it.

Example being that my brother played it on a 9200. It wasn't that pretty to look at, but playable. Agreed, you'll want the shiney graphics, but it's the same for most games. Doom3 demanded high spec hardware, but that didn't stop a lot of people.

well , im not really play UT, but i am a constant player of Tactical Ops Moster attack ( a mutator of Unreal ), is similar to Counter Strike, but you have to kill hordes of aliens have invaded the earth, is very cool

Quote by ThePanda
Only thing I'm worried about is Unreal Engine 3. I've seen what it can
do, and it looks like a bruiser (i.e.- What seperates the men from the
boys in terms of video cards). Ati better hurry up with Crossfire so I
can be 'ut2k7 ready'.
I need to reinstall UT2k4 and get some practice in. I'm so rusty by now
that it'll be like starting all over again. Anyone up for a game
sometime?

I'd rather get a nVidia card for UE3 based games, I'm quite sure the engine is better suited to nVidia's cards, but ATI's X-Fire sounds good since it doesn't have the compatability issues SLi does. But you're right, the UE3 engine does look like a "bruiser" as you'd put it.

I'd be up for a game, but I don't play :P.

Signature

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

UT...sounds like a fighting game....must be cool! I haven't played it though...

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by CagariUT...sounds like a fighting game....must be cool! I haven't played it though...

It's a First Person Shooter :) . Go research it then play it! XD

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.