Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Revolution's Backwards Compatability - Good or Bad? - Minitokyo

Revolution's Backwards Compatability - Good or Bad?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

If you're up on things, you know that the Revolution will play GC games, which is great, because then we can all put away our GC's and save space. I was also happy when I heard about it's ability to play a backlist of games all the way to NES. That is, I was happy til I heard they wanted me to pay for them. Now understandably, it's a matter of business. But when the Revolution seems poised to cater to the hardcore fans (c'mon, no HD, need to BUY a DVD component?) it seems a little unfair that I'll have to buy games that I've already bought just to play them again. Granted, they may be cheaper than the GBA ports because they don't have to be manufactured, but still, the GBA games are overpriced for the fact that they can easily fit more games on.

So what do you think? Would you buy older games that you might have already bought? Is it good or bad? Or are you just happy about the GC compatibility?

Sorry in advance for the block of text and questions above!

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

There are emulators for everything below the GameCube and my GameCube still works fine. The backwards compatability isn't going to be a factor that convinces me to buy the revolution.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

It's good that its backwards compatible. We could just get rid of our came cubes without getting rid of the games.

Well, some kid's... ahem...

Now seriously, is good, if you want play something of SNES don't need to buy a pc...

Signature
-+| Signature by me |+-

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by Samurai-JinWell, some kid's... ahem...
Now seriously, is good, if you want play something of SNES don't need to buy a pc...

That's true. However, if you're like me, you HAVE a SNES (mine's broken unfortunately) with a fair library of games for it. It'd be nice if they offered some sort of cheap adapter to play them.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Kitizhi

Kitizhi

Darkness

There's no real downside to having backwards compatability. If some people want to pay for the old classics on Revolution then let them, for everyone else we have our emulators.

I'd say backwards compatibility is good.
Maybe I'll use emulators for games requiring simple controls and buy the others that I don't already have & I also want for Revolution.
As for the games I already own, sure the SNES, N64 and GC take up space, but it's nice to think that the older systems are good for something instead of becoming useless junk.

GothicMike

Night Shadow

also I think its ok that they are charging for the older games they also say some of the older games may get a graphics update or even the all may =)

~Mike

I don't really see any bad point points about backward compatibility. The thing I'll like better is the fact the Revolution can play GC discs. I really hate the zone area thing. So I could buy some american GC games with the american Revolution I plan to buy.

Anyway, if there are people who will pay for the same games again, it's their choice. And it isn't like it's a new thing Nintendo has just discovered.

I have bougth the Mario 64 on gb sp and the changes are said to be minor. I don't really think I'll buy another game I've already have. It's just that there were no really interesting sp games when I ask.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

jeremym1978

jeremym1978

Meh \0/

I've lost faith in Nintendo after the snes. The 64 had some good games and the GC had some good games.. but like.. handfuls on both. With the next system which is very small and the only good thing about the system that they said in E3 was the ability to play any nintendo games has just lowered my faith even more.

The only question that I have about that is will you be able to DL and play games made by other companies.. like squaresoft, or will the games only be the games that Nintendo has made? Either way though it doesn't matter.

Yay, I can buy the rev and pay to DL games from the past, whereas I already have all my old faves emulated on my computer. Forgive me if I don't die from a heart attack from all the excitement :sweat:

However I'm sure that Nintendo will continue on as even though they aren't selling very well, it's selling well enough to get by

DAoC, SWG, Planetside, Guildwars accounts all on vacation
Lineage 2 - LadyMidori the monk on Erica
House Masamune - Clan Shinsen Gumi
Sony Bitch for life
Collector of all things anime (long as my wallet doesn't die)
Signature

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by GothicMikealso I think its ok that they are charging for the older games they also say some of the older games may get a graphics update or even the all may =)
~Mike

I'm sure that will happen for a few games at most. If they were going to do any upgrades, we would have seen at least a little bit on the Nintendo Classics for GBA. Instead, what we get are stretched screens.

I'm still ticked that they actually went through with the Mother 1&2 comilation in Japan, reworking it so that it fits the screen properly, only to not release it in North America. I'm worndering if we'll see something like that on Revolution? Maybe we'll get lucky, and the internet connection will allow for user created/modified roms.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.