Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think hockey will regain popularity? - Minitokyo

Do you think hockey will regain popularity?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

After almost a year since the NHL lockout, they have finally made a deal ending the lockout. However, as a result of the lockout, hockey (particularly the NHL) has lost a lot of its popularity. Do you think hockey (NHL) will regain the popularity that it had in the past?

No way!! I don't watch hockey much but I know for a fact that the stands a never packed and the fighting. What's with the fighting!? All it does is give one team the advantage when you go into the penalty box. As far as I'm concern golf, nascar and indycar series are way more popular than hockey

In order to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. This is the first law of equivalent exchange

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Never watched a Red Wings game have you Blaze? Sold out every game.

But to answer your question Koga, yes I think it will regain popularity, the league is just going to have to work extra hard to promote the game and make it more fan friendly. It needs to be marketed and made appealing to new fans and also affordable for the average family. Ticket prices are way too high and need to be slashed. That would be one major step. It looks like they are working on some ideas though to improve the game, so we'll see how everything goes come October.

I, for one, am looking forward to it. ^_^ Go Wings! XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Noooo. never. I think it's boring.

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

I believe that it will regain popularity, but it will take time for its popularity to return.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Hockey is a relatively interesting sport. I think a few of the fans will never forgive the players for their failure to consider the game more important than their paycheck, but I think most of the fans will eventually return to the game. It will just take sometime for the fans to put their money back into a game that betrayed them. And I will definitely endorse AngelKate's statement; if the league will cut costs and make it easily accessable it will heal much faster than if they try to catch up for lost profits through high prices. I guess the time it takes depends on the intelligence of the marketing department.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

kylewasson

kylewasson

Otaku-man

It will take awhile for the fans to return to the sport but eventually they will. Hockey will have to regain their trust and try hard to market itself to everyone not just a small crowd. I love hockey and can't wait for the new season to start but I also feel a little betrayed. Only time will tell is Hockey can survive this mishap.

Visit my website here.

View Kyle's Latest Wall here (Jumping For Joy!) | Scott's Latest here (Night Magic).

Since there were only three hockey fans before the lockout and during the lockout those three fans went on a hunger strike until hockey returned, subsequently starving to death. I think hockey is in trouble.

I am a self-proclaimed super genius and the future potentate of the universe; you may bow before me if you wish.

Yodelforcookie

Yodelforcookie

As days go by...

Unless Canada takes over the world, there doesn't seem to be much hope for hockey.

"Man created an acid rain that now washes away the sandcastles he built.
...or perhaps he needed it to wash away... all his deeply hidden secrets..."

I certainly hopes it regains popularity because I know that I love watching it, I really got into it like 2 years ago it's great

Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote by toutousaiSince there were only three hockey fans before the lockout and during
the lockout those three fans went on a hunger strike until hockey
returned, subsequently starving to death. I think hockey is in trouble.

Har har. ~_~

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

yeah there are still a lot of fans out there and they arn't giving up that easy...................and well that was rude that they did that.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Topher-sensei

Topher-sensei

Aloof Teacher

I've never been a fan of hockey myself, but I've known quite a few fantatics.
I'm sure it'll regain it's popularity eventually, provided it doesn't run into any trouble.

... but even through your doubts, we will still be here...

Hockey will be fine in places that actually have a winter (ie. Canada, Northern usa), but I don't know about the southern US. I find it bizarre that they even have teams like Los Angeles Kings and the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first place...

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.