Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 *For What its Worth* Fooblued's poem - Minitokyo

*For What its Worth* Fooblued's poem

page 1 of 1 8 total items

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I've seen a lot of great poetry in the forums and I wanted to contribute one of my favorite poems that I've written. Its long and sappy. I'm a bit of a marshmallow on the inside for lovey dovey stuff :)

For What its Worth

If my love were solid, it would be a storm.
A torrential hurricane in my soul, expanding it well beyond its original capacities.
And if every drop of this storm's rain were a sun,
The reflection of the moon would be the only light you could see.
My mortal confines will not permit me to release the love that dwells inside.
My soul struggles to manage the amount of love contained within its entity.
To release it all would be to pour the universe out of a thimble.
My heart aches to express the intentions and love it has never known before.
It is rendered mute and inept,
but still yearning for our next encounter even though it is disabled by the shock.
The ice that once formed my forgotten heart had purified itself so many times,
that its former incarnation was but only a distant memory, forgotten even by its possessor.
Now my soul fills the air around me,
it gropes and grabs to find what it could never see before.
I am awoken by your soul, it has whispered to mine since our first encounter.
Silent yet screaming its messege of want and need.
Our souls collide with one another in a playful manner
and still with an urgency, a needfulness that is clearly not innocent.
Scarred and mutilated by former ghosts of love,
I feel the healing of wounds every time we touch.
I feel the storm bound
and the fiercness of my love when my senses are exposed to your being.
Nothing can make my heart soar and pound in my chest like the glances of your eyes,
I try to dissect the notions of you, the freckles and hairs like secrets on your skin.
The deviations in the color of your iris are like an eden created for my soul's delight.
The tips of your fingers have grooves that evoke a friction that grips my soul and still soothes.
The subtle hints of wheat in the golden tufts of hair are a priceless commodity to my eyes,
like a hidden place where the sweetest solace is found.
The heat of your skin can comfort my soul's core
and corrode the scar tissue built up in my heart.
I cannot attempt to draw you, to do so would be a hinderance to your perfection.
The light that you exhume will never be found in any mediums dim existance.
Even trying to capture my love for you with words is to use a butterfly net to capture the moon and the stars.
To lose you would be taking my last breath.
I am certain I could not remember how to recreate the simple mortal tasks involved in living
now that I have been exposed to a life with this love.
My soul burns and the light of a million suns is dispensed by my lifeless carbon shell.
The life I led before was nothing but a corpse waiting to slumber.
now with purpose I walk the ground of earth and I want to live.
I love you.
The tree meager words, these pathetic three syllables, these eight worthless symbols
are all I can give you.
The only weight that holds my soul flush to the confines of reality
is the melancholy incurred by the possesion of so much love and a total lack of a way to express it.
But,
I love you.
For what its worth

Long isn't it? hehe, well that my contribution, please tell me what you think.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Aetherdragon

Aetherdragon

White and Nerdy

....interesting, not sure how I'd describe it , but, incredible (I enjoyed reading it) . I have to say your an interesting person, and obviously drawing is not the limit of your creativity and artistry.

"They see me strollin'...they laughin' and rollin' their eyes 'cause I'm so white & nerdy" - Weird "Al"

Signature Image

For one, poems aren't meant to be so cluttered together lol.
The must be spacious...and flowing...
the words must be flowing...like the emotions running through your mind, your soul...your small beating heart....ya know? lol
nice try^.^

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

As an editor and a critic for poetry, I can honestly say this is a wonderful piece. It shows the emotion building and pouring from the soul, how it flows from the fingertips, and that's what this poem does, it flows. It's very deep and beckons to the lovers heart. There are a few things that could be edited, but I doubt that was on your mind at the time of the write. I strongly suggest you keep writing. If all your work is this expressive and moving, it should be shown and written. Thank you for sharing this with us. :D I hope to see more.

Quote by toxictea23For one, poems aren't meant to be so cluttered together lol.
The must be spacious...and flowing...
the words must be flowing...like the emotions running through your mind, your soul...your small beating heart....ya know? lol
nice try^.^

And I say for one: poems are not just written in stanza form. If you truely knew what a poem was you would know that. This POEM was beautifully written and it DID flow from heart and soul. These are the emotions running through her mind. Geez, why do you think it was written, *rolls eyes*.

I'm sorry if I come of sounding mean, but I'm irked that someone just automatically knows what was coming from this piece. Even I don't know that. Only the writer does. But if you can get a picture that says something.

Thank you fooblued for sharing this with us. And sorry for these other words that I have expressed in unhappiness.

Rating: 4.5/5 points, in my publishing system.

Why do you kill the joy of death?

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by Aetherdragon....interesting, not sure how I'd describe it , but, incredible (I
enjoyed reading it) . I have to say your an interesting person, and
obviously drawing is not the limit of your creativity and artistry.

Thank you so much thats really sweet of you to say :)

Quote by sjolley I can honestly say this is a wonderful piece. It shows the emotion building and pouring from the soul, how it flows from the fingertips, and that's what this poem does,
it flows. It's very deep and beckons to the lovers heart.

Quote by toxictea23For one, poems aren't meant to be so cluttered
together lol. The must be spacious...and flowing...
the words must be flowing...like the emotions running through your
mind, your soul...your small beating heart....ya know? lol
nice try^.^

And I say for one: poems are not just written in stanza form. If you
truely knew what a poem was you would know that. This POEM was
beautifully written and it DID flow from heart and soul. These are the
emotions running through her mind. Geez, why do you think it was
written, *rolls eyes*.

Thank you as well. This poem I hold especially dear to my heart. And I think that poems are as unique as the individual who wrote them. Not to be delagated to form as a restriction, but to find form from its creator. That is the purpose for art at its very soul.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

It's really beautiful^^
I don't really know how to comment it... Futhermore my english is really limited^^
It's so full of emotions that I don't dare to touch it...
All the "i" and the feelings decribed show deep emotions.
It's really great. I'm really moved by it!

NightshimmerGM

NightshimmerGM

Seeker of Wisdom

There are few things on earth as beautiful as the expression of love, in all its forms. This poetry was certainly one such beauty. Thank you for sharing it with us.

--There is more to life than just living.

Couldn't of been longer. :) Awesome poem. Especially, considering it was a love poem. Lots of time and effort went into it you can tell. Also liked how you included parts that resemble the feelings and emotions that people feel when they encounter such experiences.
I can't select a favorite part, because I liked it all. Would like to see more poems from you very soon. ;) If that's possible.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.