Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Nintendo's new Gameboy Micro - Minitokyo

Nintendo's new Gameboy Micro

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

honostly, im really not that interested anymore -_-
i kinda stopped getting all the gameboys once that duelscreen one came (not the touchscreen, i just cant think of what it was called)

Signature Image

Dear Nintendo,

If you want to keep people interested in the GBA line release more games for it. Making the hardware even smaller isn't gonna cut in, and don't ever release something with a screen that makes playing text-heavy games such as RPGs next to impossible.

Best regards,
Buemba

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by buembaDear Nintendo,
If you want to keep people interested in the GBA line release more
games for it. Making the hardware even smaller isn't gonna cut in, and
don't ever release something with a screen that makes playing
text-heavy games such as RPGs next to impossible.
Best regards,
Buemba

Dear Nintendo,

He is so damn right. Why not just make a GBA that directly plugs-in to my TV. And while you're at it, please consider releasing more games forit.

Best regards,
Jakulito Bayagbag III

Nintendo is getting drastic with this attempt. Why not just enter the cellphone industry and make sumthing like a N-Gage QD with more power like a GBA. Nice try Nintendo, but you could just return to making trading cards again.

Signature

The Game Boy series has been succesful because it has been aimed at a younger audience. The Game Boy systems are inexpensive, durable, have long battery life, and have a large library of games that appeal to kids. There's a new generation of gamers born every year and Nintendo knows how to take advantage of that. I speak from experience that a child is much more likely to have a Nintendo handheld as their very first video game system. Understand that while you may not be impressed by whatever Nintendo is offering concerning the Game Boy, it probably isn't even intended for you. Nintendo is a business and they know what's good for them. Something like the Game Boy Micro probably has a very specific target audience and just because the average gamer is not part of that target audience doesn't mean that it's a bad thing.

They are only making it because the DS did so horribly

Quote by MyUselessBreathThey are only making it because the DS did so horribly

Because outselling PSP is horrible... well, not by much, and I haven't checked in awhile. But almost everyone I know has a DS instead of a PSP, but maybe that's just because all my friends are Nintendo fans...

Uh... well, either way, Micro's a bad idea, and my opinion is not very informed so you may ignore me.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Good concept but the almost impossibly small screen isn't very practical is it... Sure it worked for iPod but GBs rely on visuals more than sound...

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by delphonicThe Game Boy series has been succesful because it has been aimed at a younger audience. The Game Boy systems are inexpensive, durable, have long battery life, and have a large library of games that appeal to kids. There's a new generation of gamers born every year and Nintendo knows how to take advantage of that. I speak from experience that a child is much more likely to have a Nintendo handheld as their very first video game system. Understand that while you may not be impressed by whatever Nintendo is offering concerning the Game Boy, it probably isn't even intended for you. Nintendo is a business and they know what's good for them. Something like the Game Boy Micro probably has a very specific target audience and just because the average gamer is not part of that target audience doesn't mean that it's a bad thing.

Inexpensive what are you talkking about the gameboy line has always been $60 and up especially for this new DS. I mean the price is getting so ridiculous. Gaming that's another problem most of the games NIntendo releases for the gameboy is aimed at kids so older teens and adults have fewer games they are intereseted in. Not to meniton some of these games are so idotic it hurts. Then they release older games but in groups that are unappealing to classic gamers. In order to get games you want you have to buy the games you don't with it. Then you have to pay close to $30 dollars for each gameboy game.
Seeing the size of this new GB I'm guessing people who buy it are going to be paying in excess of $100 maybe even close to $200. Is it really worth it I don't know the screen seems small and the button placement is odd yet basic similar to the original NES controller.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Quote by Spystreak
Inexpensive what are you talkking about the gameboy line has always
been $60 and up especially for this new DS.

I'm speaking in relation to other video game systems. Most video game systems (X-Box, PS2, Gamecube) are $100 and up and even more expensive at launch. Even the DS is still cheaper than PSP which are both new generation handheld systems.

Quote by SpystreakGaming that's another problem most of the games NIntendo
releases for the gameboy is aimed at kids so older teens and adults
have fewer games they are intereseted in.

Yeah that's kinda my point. A lot of their stuff is aimed at kids. That's not a mistake. They're doing it on purpose. Kids want to play video games too. There's nothing wrong with Nintendo catering to a particular market just because that market doesn't include the average adult gamer.

Quote by SpystreakThen they release older games but in groups that are unappealing to classic gamers. In order to get games you want you have to buy the games you don't with it. Then you have to pay close to $30 dollars for each gameboy game.

Those were more nostalgia releases for people who probably owned a NES but don't play video games regularly anymore. Idunno how well they were recieved, but it did irk me that they were direct ports of the original NES games with no upgrades. Also where do you shop? I see those NES classic GBA games go for $19.99 new and now one can find them for $9.99 to $15.99.

Quote by SpystreakSeeing the size of this new GB I'm guessing people who buy it are going to be paying in excess of $100 maybe even close to $200. Is it really worth it I don't know
the screen seems small and the button placement is odd yet basic
similar to the original NES controller.

I seriously doubt it'll be close to $200. Nintendo has gone on the record saying they're targeting young girls with the Game Boy Micro. I'm pretty certain young girls don't have that much disposeable income to spend on video games. The current unconfirmed info is that it'll be closer to $40-$50. I personally have no idea how much it will cost, but at the very least I'm hoping it'll lead to a price drop for the GBA SP.

does the catridge of the gameboy micro just the same as gameboy sp??? i alos wonder how much it is and when it will be released?????

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by ipizhmaniacdoes the catridge of the gameboy micro just the same as gameboy sp??? i alos wonder how much it is and when it will be released?????

so far it loks like it. I fou look at the pic in the link I posted you can see a gameboy Advance cartridge in the system already. As for how much it's going to cost well that can be anywhere from $50-$200 dollars.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

the idea is a good one but the screen does need to be a bit bigger so their gamers dont go blind by squinting. revamp again and get with sega and i agree they would own the gameing world.

Signature

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.