Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I, Robot - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

i just went to watch I, Robot on opening night....and i thought it was pretty good!!! ^_^ tho i dunno why some ppl said it sux but i really think it was a good movie....the idea is quite scary actually if u think about it :D

so anybody else watched it?? what did u think about it?

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good, eh? =x Hm, interesting. XD The title put me off, and I have no plans to see it as yet (<--superficial, yes), but that might change. :) *keeps a tab on this thread*

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Cara

I haven't seen it yet.... I find it disappointing that it seems to stray so far from the book. The robots in the book were peaceful because of their programming.... these look like their against mankind...

Signature

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Quote by RhapsodyI haven't seen it yet.... I find it disappointing that it seems to stray so far from the book. The robots in the book were peaceful because of their programming.... these look like their against mankind...

actually they are peaceful.....just that the preview wasn't a good representation cuz it focussed on that one robot...

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hah! I. robot. That's nothing, Wait till you see lowercase L. Robot. ;)

Personally I don't like watxching movies, I stray way from them unless instructed to watch them by someone. =)

i have to admit the first time i saw the trailer, i thought the movie looked lame, but after i found out Alex Proyas was directing i had to see it. Well, i heard Proyas himself was disappointed in the movie and that the producers limited his creativity. So what did i think of it? it was definitely entertaining and had a great story thanks to the book, but it was definitely not a "proyas" film. it was a definite sellout on the producers part. The movie was so chockful of action sequences that i doubt were very present in the original book or Proyas's original ideas. The last thing this movie needed was Will Smith doing ridiculously unrealistc John Woo / Matrix styled fighting. It felt like i was watching that horrid movie called Paycheck again. Well even with the movie not being Proyas-like and being sucked into being a typicla hollywood film, it was still alright imo. Of course, its no match for his earlier works like Crow or Dark City

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Onward, Upward

I heard it was racist against robots. >>

i hear they wrote a book based on the movie, too...

Isaac Asmiov is rolling in his grave. HE IS ROLLING AND THRASHING.

Signature
"There are absolutely no unsolvable problems. Instead of the foolish ignorabimus, our answer is on the contrary: We must know, We shall know."
-David Hilbert

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

ima see it later..if it suxs..joo owe me money..pfft >__>

Signature

shinta

shinta

Kawaii Chibi Meeper

Hopefully I'll have time to watch. ^__^

Signature Image
IMTeam -=- [Sammo] -=- [Kenzuke] -=- [OracleAngel] -=- [SapphireSky] -=- [dedwards] -=-
[WCC] [Vectorness] [Anime Club] [Canvas] [DNAngel Fans] [Express] [YYH Group] [IRC] [MTs] [FLIP]

Gojira2K

King of the Monsters

I thought it was pretty good. I never read the book, but my dad did and told me about it. The book sounds interesting, although I'm not much of a reader. I really should read more though.... Anyway, I thought the fight scenes were cool. Fight scenes are usually cool.

Signature
The King of the Monsters

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Well this is a movie that raped the book I'Robot by Asimov ...

Quote by crapmonster
it was definitely entertaining and had a great story thanks to the book,

Well i do believe it might be hollywood entertainment.. but i wonder WHAT book they based it on ?
not the I'Robot of Asimov i have read ...

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Quote by TaurecWell this is a movie that raped the book I'Robot by Asimov ...

Quote by crapmonster it was definitely entertaining and had a great story thanks to the book,

Well i do believe it might be hollywood entertainment.. but i wonder WHAT book they based it on ? not the I'Robot of Asimov i have read ...

your making it sound like i said it was a good adaption which is what i didnt mean, heck i havent even read the book so icant even say. im saying that the ideas expressed in the movie were one of the few good aspects but ironically cant be credited to the production team since they had no part in it whatsoever (at least in making it good). basically, the movie had a good story to work with only cause they adapted it from somewhere else.
and also, to do "I, Robot" some good, there have been worse adaptions. like i said before for example "paycheck".

I, Robot is an awesome game. Still fun to play...

I wish to see the movie, it looks pretty good.

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

i like will smith XD i wanna go see it

Nurika

Nurika

Sock Puppet Queen

Well, I want to watch it. And plus, Will Smith rocks. some people say it sucks because the robots weren't real..or good. But I don't know, I think it looks pretty good.

Signature

BoneyCork

BoneyCork

Oshibori

It's not out over here yet, but it looked good on Jay Leno.

But then again, I cant trust my opinions if I'm watching Jay Leno.

Signature

Bored? Read this.
Ok now find something else to do.

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

i never knew it was based on a book either XD but it was an entertaining movie....thatz what i was going for....

Signature Image

WunAngelwHoney

WunAngelwHoney

-=Yours Truly=-

i thought it was a good movie too!
Will Smith is the best actor for that movie!
im so glad he was in there

*XOX ~AnG*

The only way my life can be complete is if I have you by my side with me.

Signature Image

*myspace* ---->>add mii (=

Personally i thought the move was great. If you look past all the action sequences, there's greater meaning in the movie. It's a deep movie if you really think about it. The movie seemed a little short to me, but then again, that's expected from a movie that was based on a book.

All i'm saying is that if i managed to dig up the money to watch it, then it's worth watching :D

gonna see it this weekend! woohoo

Signature

I , robot !!!! that seems soo kool .. Im gonna go head the regal and c that soon ! I saw the first 15 min. or w.e of it on MTV and it seems soo kool ! The concept is kinda like "Chobits" But persacoms are exactly like humans ... But I , Robot seems really intresting !

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Watched it yesterday and it got me thinking if this would be the result of human technology and if robots have dreams and emotions do they needs to be considered a living being?

Its a fact that the movie is 1 out of 26 books written bby the author who wrote it...And believe me from my english techer who has read it, it doesnt really have its good endings! :)

Ray1618

Ray1618

Sega Slave

:( I wanna watch it only don't think it's out here yet. But as far I'v seen the special effects at least those look cool :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.