Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Impressive English Voice Actors... - Minitokyo

Impressive English Voice Actors...

page 1 of 1 20 total items

I've long wanted to mention this, so bear with me...

I think that a little too often there is a negative emphasis on English voice actors, and to the point of undue derision of these folks as a whole, when in fact many are deserving of praise for their efforts.

Granted, there's no question that there are some poor examples of voice acting out there, and for my favorite series' ultimately it's the Japanese that I'd prefer at the end of the day, but for the purposes of this thread, who are some of those voice actors that you think deserve some recognition?

If possible, please give a character, or series name to help identify them (for example, in the case that you don't actually know their name).

Thanks!

There are impressive voice actors that do english dub such as scott mcneil. He amazingly, once did up to 10 characters on a show....extremely impressive.

huzzah

huzzah

Searching For the All-Blue

Incidentally, these three are all crew on the Bebop; Steve Blum (Spike), Beau Billingslea (Jet), and Wendee Lee (Faye). Their voices are very familiar but lovable, nonetheless. (I even had the supreme honor of recieving autographs from Mister Blum and Mister Billinglea!) They definitely are three of the biggest and best voice actors in the industry.

I personally admire Sparky Thornton, though. He makes for one dead sexy Black Jack.

R I N G - A - D I N G - D I N G : Lemon curry?
Signature
A N A T H E M A : TAFL-approved Black Jack fanlisting. Meet the doctor you never knew you loved.

I have to say Crispin Freeman (Alucard from Hellsing) and Kirk Thornton (Jin from Samurai Champloo) are really great voice actors as well as the ones mentioned above.

The Cowboy Bebop American seiyuu aren't bad, but the seiyuu from Tenchi Muyo take the cake. I have never been able to watch another series in English.

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

I like Lisa Ortiz (Lina from the Slayers)
I always thought she beats Megumi Hayashibra as far as acting out this character goes.
I adore Steve Blum (but I thout his name was David Lucas) who plays Spike in Cowboy Bebop along with many more roles.
But Crisping Freeman (Alucard, Zelgadis, Fuuma, Joker...) and many MANY more, is a veteran. True, sometimes, I get tired of hearing his voice, but the man is good at what he does.

Signature Image

Most dub artist have different aliases they go by like David Lucas has 7 different Alias. I enjoyed the El Hazard dub mainly Fujisawa. Other good dubs are Fullmetal Alchemist and Wolf's Rain.

I like Laura Bailey. She's been Tohru in Fruits Basket, Chibi Trunks in DBZ, Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist and I'm looking forward to hearing her as Sana in Kodomo no Omacha.

Johnny Yong Bosch is also cool. He's been Claus in Last Exile, Kaneada in Akira, Vash the Stampede in Trigun.

Quote by delphonicI like Laura Bailey. She's been Tohru in Fruits Basket, Chibi Trunks in
DBZ, Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist and I'm looking forward to hearing her
as Sana in Kodomo no Omacha.

I think she is also one of the girls in Gunslinger Girl and she does a great job.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

I've always been a big fan of the guy that does Duo from Gundam Wing

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

The only english voice acting is good was Saiyuki. That's the only thing I think is good in english. When you watch the Japanese and comparing it to the English version, than you'll know the Japanese version for anime series are better. But Saiyuki aside.

The guy who did Spike in Cowboy Bebeop and Richard Cox who did Inuyasha's VA.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I think the Inuyasha voice actors were all well done. i miht be a bit biased because I watched the englsih version before the japanese.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Quote by weissdarkangelWhen you watch the Japanese and comparing it to the English version, than you'll know the Japanese version for anime series are better.

As I mentioned above, in the majority of cases I think you're right in that the Japanese is the [stronger] of the two dubs, but it's too strict a generalization, to me, to simply dismiss a whole group of English voice actors as a whole, when many of them do excellent work & a select group of them (and far more than one) can even claim to be "better" than the Japanese counter-part in the eyes of fans. Granted, they are few and far in-between, but finding them (and other impressive efforts) is the purpose of the thread.

And as it is, you were even able to come up with an example of this, yourself. : )

While I'm here, I'll go ahead and throw in the names of serveal (but not all) of my favorite examples of great English voice actors:

- Juliet Cesario for her roles as Belldandy and Miyuki in Ah! My Goddess! and You're Under Arrest, respectively (Jo Ann Luzzatto did an excellent job as Miyuki as well...). Among others.

- Also from Ah! My Goddess! Scott Simpson did great work as Morisato Keiichi, as did Lenelle Markgraf (& Melissa Williamson) as Urd, not forgetting Pamela Weidner's great performance as Skuld.

- Jenny Larson for her role as Shinguji Sakura in Sakura Wars, who was probably the best English equivalent of Sakura that I could have asked for. 'I am the late, but still here, Shinguji Sakura!!'

- Jessica Yow for her Role as Deka Commander Abriel Nei Dubrusk Paryunu Lafiel in Banner/Crest of the Stars, as well as Mariette Sluyter for Admiral Spoor Alon Sekpat Letopanyu Beneej. In fact, like many of the series I've mentioned so far this show is chock full of standouts, with a whole lot of real long names so I'll go ahead and stop there...

- Marc Matney in the role of Ken Nakajima in You're Under Arrest.

-Travis Dean for the role of James Links in Zone of the Enders: Dolores, i, as well Boni Hester as an excellent Dolores.

...and the list goes on, perhaps I'll throw in some other examples later on.

I would so have to say that Greg ayres who did goku from saiyuki and chrono from chrono crusade and much more.. he have such an impressive voice because to me he puts so much feeling into his characters he is so great.
And Steven blum who did Sipke from cowboy bebop have such a great deep voice that is so fitting for the many characters he plays, he's great too.

Signature

"All the while we thought you were a brilliant strategist when really you've just been a lucky fool." - Kurama

*Referring to Sanzo, said with a lisp* "It's nice to see he's getting in touch with his feminine side."- Gojyo

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

Quote by Texcap

Quote by weissdarkangelWhen you watch the Japanese and comparing it to
the English version, than you'll know the Japanese version for anime
series are better.

As I mentioned above, in the majority of cases I think you're right in
that the Japanese is the [stronger] of the two dubs, but it's too
strict a generalization, to me, to simply dismiss a whole group of
English voice actors as a whole, when many of them do excellent work
& a select group of them (and far more than one) can even claim to
be "better" than the Japanese counter-part in the eyes of fans.
Granted, they are few and far in-between, but finding them (and other
impressive efforts) is the purpose of the thread. And as it is,
you were even able to come up with an example of this, yourself. : )
While I'm here, I'll go ahead and throw in the names of serveal (but
not all) of my favorite examples of great English voice actors:
- Juliet Cesario for her roles as Belldandy and Miyuki in Ah! My
Goddess!
and You're Under Arrest, respectively (Jo Ann
Luzzatto did an excellent job as Miyuki as well...). Among others. -
Also from Ah! My Goddess! Scott Simpson did great work as
Morisato Keiichi, as did Lenelle Markgraf (& Melissa Williamson) as
Urd, not forgetting Pamela Weidner's great performance as Skuld.
- Jenny Larson for her role as Shinguji Sakura in Sakura Wars,
who was probably the best English equivalent of Sakura that I could
have asked for. 'I am the late, but still here, Shinguji Sakura!!'
- Jessica Yow for her Role as Deka Commander Abriel Nei Dubrusk Paryunu
Lafiel in Banner/Crest of the Stars, as well as Mariette Sluyter
for Admiral Spoor Alon Sekpat Letopanyu Beneej. In fact, like many of
the series I've mentioned so far this show is chock full of standouts,
with a whole lot of real long names so I'll go ahead and stop there...
- Marc Matney in the role of Ken Nakajima in You're Under
Arrest
-Travis Dean for the role of James Links in Zone of the Enders:
Dolores, i
, as well Boni Hester as an excellent Dolores.
...and the list goes on, perhaps I'll throw in some other examples
later on.

no matter how you write it.. its even not reach 3% of all anime that has been dubbed.. i think lolz.
It means that there are more many bad dubber than the good one. I just found Like Mononoke Dubs quite intresting ^^v that's all. but i dislike animax dub, so that's why i hate english dub.

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

Quote by Kryuzeino matter how you write it.. its even not reach 3% of all anime that has been dubbed.. i think lolz.

In your opinion, perhaps.

Quote: It means that there are more many bad dubber than the good one.

Fortunately, what I was looking for in the thread, are the good ones.

The best english voice actor would have to be Jessica Boone she does a great job as Yuna in Maburaho and many other great animes.

If you ever find yourself lost....
Don't look to the past...
Take a new path...
To the future...

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

Well i think that I'm the only one in the world that prefers English over Japanese in anime but Bleach is an exeption i like Bleach on Japanese. But i dont know any actors tho. The ones in DB are pretty good i think i love their voices.

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

Impressive English voice actors...Rachel Lillis and Scott McNeil come to mind. Both for their ability to use the range of heir voices to match a character's emotion. Another one is the director(creator? both?) of Family Guy- Seth McFarlane. Doing all those voices and having them sound relatively different is awesome.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.