Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Semi - Important question :eek: - Minitokyo

Semi - Important question :eek:

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Tuzi

Tuzi

Pesky

Ok I recently made a wallpaper with an image from here :- http://www.minitokyo.net/download/?id=61173 a little while ago.

After going back to the guys page a couple of days later there were 2 comments saying he ripped it from a wallpaper made by someone here on MT. I was tinkering with this pic before I knew where it came from, and I was wondering whether by submitting the wall would be considered wrong/ripping etc. (I extracted the character, added some wind, leaves, a sun and a few bits and bobs and made it 1280 x 960, in essence the only thing the same is the picture of the girl) I am still new here so really don't want to step on any toes, but thought i'd make this post because I spent a couple of hours on it before realising the image came from where it did.

It's absolutely no problem to just not submit it of course, I would really appreciate some info on this.

Thanks!

Signature Image

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Well if you used just the image there shouldn't be any problem alot of people do that. Take an image and construct there own distinct wall. AS long as no other wall looks exactly like the one you created ther won't be problems.

i don't know for sure so don't take what I said to heart

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

If you extracted the image and made your own background, it should be fine. If, however, you modified the original background, I wouldn't submit it, because it would most likely be classified as a rip.

Tuzi

Tuzi

Pesky

^Yeah, its a totally independent BG, the only thing the same is the girl 0_o

Also, If anyone recognises it and knows the author of the pic I would'nt upload until I could give proper credit (like in the rules). But, as I said it's no problem to just delete the whole thing :D

Signature Image

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Well, the artist's username seems to be Hide18. I can't find the source of the photo, but I think you should give credit to this person, just to be safe.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.