Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 shut the f** up?????? - Minitokyo

shut the f** up??????

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

niomea

niomea

broken wings

I am new here... and probably will be banned if I ever post this....

However, as I am reading all the advices and follow all the help and rules link provided to me, I read carefully that we need to respect other and make each other comfortable.

However, someway in my visits I saw an av of an administrator featuring a fat man who says "shut the fuck up" with angry face.

I really cannot believe my eyes so I am watching it over and over to make sure, but my lip reading was not wrong.

Now my question is.... someone really wrote to be nice to the others and a respectable administrator use those rude word as their av?

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Nah, it's not on the ava, it's on the personality of the person. Well, there's a saying for that.

"Do not judge the book by it's cover"

That doesn't mean that the guy has that kind of ava is a non-respectable person. At least I'm giving you an idea. ^_^V

Man, if he saw this thread, he might bring thunderstorm here...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

Well, that has to be Sheqel if I remeber right? He's the admin so he can do whatever he wants to OX
Anyhow you can't really prove that the guy is saying that since there's no sound! ^_^'
I don't see that avatar as offensive, more like fun since you can't go around being 100% serious all the time, that would be too boring :nya:

and welcome.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by puKKaWell, that has to be Sheqel if I remeber right? He's the admin so he can do whatever he wants to OX
Anyhow you can't really prove that the guy is saying that since there's no sound! ^_^'
I don't see that avatar as offensive, more like fun since you can't go around being 100% serious all the time, that would be too boring :nya:

I gotta agree! Since he's the God himself here, he can do whatever he wants, but of course, that's only for fun and no offensement on other members.

And I don't want him to strike some lightning here...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

niomea

niomea

broken wings

Well... I am not saying he is not a respectable person.... and I believe he just put it there as a fun thing to do.

It's just make me surprised.... because the words are.... well....

Perhaps because I am not familiar with things like that.

And if I got struck by a lightning perhaps... then so be it I guess. Everyone has to be responsible for what he/she has done, and I will take full responsibility of my comment.

Please do not take my above statement as a challenge. But this is what I have been thinking, and I do believe there are other words worth quoting than shut.... ah....

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Yes, that'd be Sheqel... I have never even thought about what the guy is saying. Its just lip movement anyway, so don't sweat it. Reading lip movement won't be completely accurate either. Do a very exaggerated lip movement of the word "colourful" for your friend and chances are he'll think you said "I love you". So yes, you can't complain for people with avatars with offensive lip movement.

Anyway, I'm glad you're already very much concerned with such issues. And welcome to MT.

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

I see. Well, that's a good observation of you there. ^_^

At least someone is concern about MT!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

niomea

niomea

broken wings

Quote by cardmageYes, that'd be Sheqel... I have never even thought about what the guy is saying. Its just lip movement anyway, so don't sweat it. Reading lip movement won't be completely accurate either. Do a very exaggerated lip movement of the word "colourful" for your friend and chances are he'll think you said "I love you". So yes, you can't complain for people with avatars with offensive lip movement.
Anyway, I'm glad you're already very much concerned with such issues. And welcome to MT.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, cardmage sempai.

I realize that I am most probably wrong with the lip reading.
So I am not really complaining.
Besides, Sheqel Sama can do whatever he likes with his av. He has all the right as a free person, and more over as the owner of this site.

However I am more like what you said... concerned.

More than that I will not add extra complaint.... or even comment.

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

Quote by niomeaPerhaps because I am not familiar with things like that.

hoho, then you don't want to hear how it can sound here in sweden, the f-word is very common here and can be said kind of often for fun ^_^

Quote by cardmageDo a very exaggerated lip
movement of the word "colourful" for your friend and chances are he'll
think you said "I love you".
And welcome to MT.

haha, that's cool :P

mitchell

mitchell

Dragonfly789

hahahaha ive noticed that also lol

Signature

Anime Currently Watching:- Haruhi Suzumiya - Dragonball Z - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Games Currently Playing:- Final Fantasy IX/XIII - Star Ocean The Last Hope - Oblivion GOTY

yakushi-meikin

yakushi-meikin

:Professional Nerd:

hmmm... i haven't really observed what he was "saying" in his avatar until you've pointed it out... :nerd:

i haven't really found it offensive, i was more amused by it. (do i have twisted morals? nope... i guess it springs out of wonder that he has the guts to do it...)

anyway, enjoy your stay here in minitokyo! ^_^

You're never fully dressed without a smile! ;)

Signature Image

Only in the mysterious equations of love can any real logic be found."
- A Beautiful Mind

Acknowledgements to alexiel01 for my userpage skin and signature image!

niomea

niomea

broken wings

Quote by yakushi-meikin(do i have twisted morals? nope... i guess it springs out of wonder that he has the guts to do it...)

In term of "guts to do it" I agree with you yakushi-meikin Sempai...
he heh....I am not brave enough to do that.

And I do enjoy my visit here in MT. This forum is neat!

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by niomea

Quote by yakushi-meikin(do i have twisted morals? nope... i guess it springs out of wonder that he has the guts to do it...)

In term of "guts to do it" I agree with you yakushi-meikin Sempai...
he heh....I am not brave enough to do that.

Hehehe! But to think that you noticed that is a great guts!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

niomea

niomea

broken wings

Quote by AkaikenHehehe! But to think that you noticed that is a great guts!

Oh yes! I pass over that av so many times in my visit until I am finally made up my mind, and that take days in collecting....

I think a tousand of time before I act and this one is included :P

Bur well... I am just being honest about what I feel and think, Akaiken Sempai.... and really thank you for your concern about my safety in MT.

You are so kind.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by niomeaWell... I am not saying he is not a respectable person.... and I believe he just put it there as a fun thing to do.
It's just make me surprised.... because the words are.... well....
Perhaps because I am not familiar with things like that.
And if I got struck by a lightning perhaps... then so be it I guess. Everyone has to be responsible for what he/she has done, and I will take full responsibility of my comment.
Please do not take my above statement as a challenge. But this is what I have been thinking, and I do believe there are other words worth quoting than shut.... ah....

It doesn't really matter he is an admin he is a really high level added to the fact that he rarely comes here now a days.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Can we please not actually use the curse words in the thread please?

To the thread creator:

Your complaint is very legitimate. But please edit your thread title. It's not necessary to put that word there.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Quote by niomeaI am new here...

How can you be new if you're already level six going on seven? I will gut you like a tuna.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Okay, I can't resist posting here XD . Sheqel's avatar is really funny if you ask me XD , though it kind of conveys the wrong message if assessed correctly. However, just because there's an avatar like that doesn't mean that the person who uploaded the avatar isn't respectable. Lastly, I must say that what's featured on the avatars should be kept in respectable limits.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Hehe...

I think Sheqel's avatar is compltelly awesome. The "fat man" you are referring to is Penn, from Penn and Teller. The avatar was made using clips from a Showtime TV series called Bullshit, where P&T seek to "disprove" various social "myths" and "beliefs." Some of the stuff is pretty rediculous and I encourage people to go check it out. While the "proofs" aren't the most scientific out there (if you can consider their rants scientific), they do plant some interesting thoughts in your head.

If you're easily offended, I would stay away from episodes that talk about ideas such as religion. Yes, they do tend to step on a few toes. I highly recommend the episode on alternative medicine and the outrageous treatments people seek.

And yes, the avatar does feature Penn going "stfu." There's no mistake.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

niomea

niomea

broken wings

I really respect all of your opinion, and sincerely grateful for all your participation.

I admit that I was a little bit outrageous to actually put the f word on the title.
I am not going to make any excuses for that, like I said, every one is liable of his/her own act and I apologize if the title of the thread itself is rather striking.

However, I stated clearly that I do not consider the man who uses the av as not respectable. I am concerned about this forum and I believe that there a re plenty of word can be chosen out of that .... yeah....

However, nice to know you all concerned about this forum, as I am totally enjoying my time here.

Thank you again for participating.

:D i remember being shocked too when curiousity made me noticed that avatar.
(i probably had a face just like this -> o_0 )
i'm just glad to know i wasn't the only one surprised. :)

As for me, I can't say as I really care. I mean, I sure wasn't offeneded, I thought it was kinda funny actually. The rules say we have to respect each other, etc. but that wasn't disrespecting anyone in particular, so the rules weren't broken in that case, right? And besdies, it would be a fairly boring forum if everybody was always completely politically correct...

niomea

niomea

broken wings

Quote by cup-of-tea :D i remember being shocked too when curiousity made me noticed that avatar.
(i probably had a face just like this -> o_0 )
i'm just glad to know i wasn't the only one surprised. :)

He heh... tell me about that! Really, if I can make this eyes bigger, I will....

However, referring to this:

Quote by crsgThe rules say we have to respect each other, etc. but that wasn't disrespecting anyone in particular, so the rules weren't broken in that case, right? And besdies, it would be a fairly boring forum if everybody was always completely politically correct...

Again I will state clearly that I am not saying that the user of the av is a non respected man. Eveyone has their liberty of doing what he consider as correct.

So, as well as he might consider the av as funny, and so part of you too think it's fun, there are some other member who are surprised, and some members also concerned about this stfu issue.

See? difference is fun. It adds color to our life.

AcesHigh521

AcesHigh521

Dance Ren, Dance!

I wonder if Sheqel noticed this thread yet. The whole thing is about him. :D

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.