Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WIRELESS CONNECTION - Minitokyo

WIRELESS CONNECTION

page 1 of 1 7 total items

PAPTIMUS

PAPTIMUS

--)(the sinister genius)(--

please does any body know how to activate belkin wireless connection?my problem is there no available networks ....why?

*the man from jupiter*

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by PAPTIMUSplease does any body know how to activate belkin wireless connection?my problem is there no available networks ....why?

First, I think you posted this in the wrong forum. It should probably be in the tech lounge.

In order to get wireless connection, you will need two things: A wireless base station or router and a wireless card. If you just have a wireless card, you will only be able to connect to an existing wireless network. If no such network exists, then well... you get the picture.

If you do have both, you'll need to have them both set up properly. I suggest reading the instructions that came with both pieces of hardware to get it set up.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

iam useing some else wireless so mabe you could run around looking for wireless spots but if you have your listen to what kawaiiguy siad

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by jinofcoolnessiam useing some else wireless so mabe you could run around looking for
wireless spots but if you have your listen to what kawaiiguy siad

Watch out, you might get arrested fo that ;) It's happened already! Wardrivers beware! :D

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Quote by kawaiiguy
Watch out, you might get arrested fo that ;) It's happened already! Wardrivers beware! :D

You can get arrested? Really? But why? I mean, if they leave their signal open... what fault is it of mine that my wireless connection automatically connects me to theirs?

i mean, my whole family uses a wireless connection with our own router but mine (on occassion) uses someone elses....

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by zephrynYou can get arrested? Really? But why? I mean, if they leave their signal open... what fault is it of mine that my wireless connection automatically connects me to theirs?

Not to say that you are at fault here, but it is better not to leech off other people's network
[

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by zephryn

Quote by kawaiiguy
Watch out, you might get arrested fo that ;) It's happened already!
Wardrivers beware! :D

You can get arrested? Really? But why? I mean, if they leave their
signal open... what fault is it of mine that my wireless connection
automatically connects me to theirs? i mean, my whole family uses a
wireless connection with our own router but mine (on occassion) uses
someone elses....

The topic is still under debate, but in essence, you are stealing a service that is being paid for by someone else (even if they do leave it open). Unless of course, the network exists for the purpose of letting outsiders connect, but those usually only exist in coffee shops, cafes, etc. Those are open to patrons of that particular establishment. A thread does exist on this topic, if you're interested you should seek it out.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.