Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 *spoiler*Initial D movie.....jay chou....ur thoughts..... - Minitokyo

*spoiler*Initial D movie.....jay chou....ur thoughts.....

page 1 of 1 17 total items

I just saw the real life INitial D movie and boy was I disappointed....I mean I already had a thing against it after hearing the casting of the characters but after seeing it, this movie has sunk to new lows. Firstly, I wasn't too happy about the casting but then the storyline is pretty much different also....the roles and personalities of the characters are pretty different....I mean..since wen was Bunta an alcoholic who abuses his son, and the way he dresses and acted....next up Itsuki...ok..he's annoying but likeable but this movie made him a total jerk..oh yea y is he yuichi's son...and since wen did he own a AE86 and was leader of the speedstars? Nakazato Takeshi seemed like the replcement for Keisuke in this movie since there was no keisuke....guess he was alrite....team emperor were just sooooo poorly depicted in this movie.....and the 3 way battle at the end wasnt really fair considering edison and jay were actually blocking out jordan.

Overall the car scenes weren't too bad, hopefully if they make a part 2 which the ending seemed to hint.....we will hopefully see keisuke and his fd as well as a storyline that seems to fit with the anime an manga series (I didnt really think the music suited as well.....bring in some eurobeat).

Being a fan of the anime/manga series I was highly disappointed......I was wondering wot everyone else who saw this movie thought of it....

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Personally i thought the movie was great. Yes considerin the fact that the character did suck at acting but u have to remember Anime and Real Life is completely different. There can never be a perfect match. 1st'ly i would like to say Jay cannot act what's so ever, but at the most they had a few good thin in the movie. I was a bit dissapointed to see Takumi's Gutter Trick wasnt all so great, kinda expected the gutter to be more deepers XD. But other than that the movie it self does show much of the story for ID, Once again i like to say that this movie was great. XD but this is just mai 2cent in his opinion

Man i have the movie and i didn't like it at all. Compare to the anime its just sux. Personlly i dont like when they transfer anime in to real life its just looks ugly....

Signature

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

if you look at it from a non anime perspective the movie was pretty good. As my mate commented after I made him watched it (he has not seen the anime at all) was that its good to see a movie that style that doesnt involve flashy lights and nos. That made is so appealing to me but definalty from the anime perspective they ruined it. Firstly yeeees oh my god Bunta WTF did they do to him. He is the cryptic wisdom to Takumi not some alcoholic slob who needs to be taken care of cause his wife left him and he is stuck in the days of his previous glory. Bunta is Bunta he rocks more than anything and doesnt need to relive anything cause he is still the best.

Ryosuke and Takeshi hanging out together umm so when do they even meet up and hang out in the anime huh...noooooooooooooo times.

There are so much to point out...i got bored and made a list before hehehe but most importantly NO keisuke!!!!! that was the worst thing they could do *kills everyone* Since I first heard about the production I was like *little lovehearts* ohhh finally who will fit the shoes of Keisuke but no *pouts* no Keisuke unless you count the little moppy haird person at the back after the Trueno dies as Keisuke.

Oh and the team jackets annoyed me too i mean pfft team jackets give me a break. But still if you dont compare it to the anime it was a good movie. But since they didnt keep the characters in check it made me sad. Umm I should stop since I could talk all day and night about Initial D and all my friends tell me to shut up cause I talk about it alot so umm right now I will. Oh yeah and on the last note HOW CAN THEY KILL BOTH evos!!!!!!! That is a big no no *cries*

Cadi

Cadi

True

I never saw the anime version.. but from my point of view.. the movie was okay. my brother is completely obessed with Jay Chou.. but I thought his acting skills weren;t that good, but its still his frist time, so he ha more space for imporvments. over all, the movie would only get a 6 out of 10 on my chart

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

Hanazaki

Hanazaki

Current Anime: Hitman Reborn!

Well I saw both the anime and the movie. Yeah, I'm kind of disappoint at certain part of it. But overall the movie is a-okay. The soundtracks is cool.

Signature

nah the movie was good, anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally ill or should be shot in the face! i wasnt let down that much though, the acting was bad but u know, maybe if they do make a part two it will redeme its self

ps - the anime is the bomb

I never saw the anime, but I liked the movie. Jay Chou was in it ^_^, I didnt think he acted well but the soundtracks were good ^_^. I dont know the anime so I dont really know the real story line... so nothing to say about that..

Signature Image

NDtcC

NDtcC

~DeViLboy~

this movie was good if u have never seen the anime... BUT for those who hav seen the anime and like it , this movie really sucks.. the soundtrack is different and the animation's too little.. Anime shows a lot of Engines animation, but for the movie they on'y show once and not even 5 sec i think.. while they're acting is not as good i thought it would be ( not talking bout Jay cuz he's new) but Edison really sucks...

~~LiFe IS A MesS~~

Signature

~~ENjoY IT WhiLe YoU CaN~~

Quote by NDtcCthis movie was good if u have never seen the anime... BUT for those who
hav seen the anime and like it , this movie really sucks.. the
soundtrack is different and the animation's too little.. Anime shows a
lot of Engines animation, but for the movie they on'y show once and not
even 5 sec i think.. while they're acting is not as good i thought it
would be ( not talking bout Jay cuz he's new) but Edison really sucks...

I agree, if you saw the anime...NEVER watch the live movie, i shouldn't be watching the damn movie because jay chou's in it (Jay Chou movie = sucky movie) but my friend insisted on watching so i have no choice (he was way disappointed, that's what happen if you don't listen to your friend's advice). Effects are so so for me. soundtrack....SUCKS! even if i assume i didn't watch the anime it still sucks!!!! overall it sucks.

Signature

>.<

Anime was made so good that u couden't stop waching it but the movie was just a big flop. And they changed Bunta that got me so mad( i agree with EvoIIICE9A) and the drifting scens are week too, man the movie if u rate it from 1 to 10 its a 4.5 max...

Signature

Quote by babyboy0852Anime was made so good that u couden't stop waching it but the movie
was just a big flop. And they changed Bunta that got me so mad( i agree
with EvoIIICE9A) and the drifting scens are week too, man the movie if
u rate it from 1 to 10 its a 4.5 max...

oooh you're too kind me i'll rate it a 2.25 max ^_^'

Signature

>.<

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Curses! I still need to see it >_> .
Not expecting much from it in the way of acting, but no-one should be.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

it could have been better, what wif all the big actors (Edison chan / Anthony wong / Shawn yue / Chapman to) from the Infernal Affairs seiries, and then there was Jay and Jordan...
the movie had all these actors going for them...but thats all realli...
the racing was meh...and the story is quite different i found...
so yea, it was a huge dissapointment....but i hear that they're making a sequal to it... -_-

Signature

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way they live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." - The Crow

"Sometimes, we're so powerless, that the onli thing we can control is how little we live on" - Mena Suvari (Loser)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/anjelicomen

Isamu966

Isamu966

Naruto

Why oh why did they give it to a director from hk!!!!!!!!!!!! why!!!!!

Over the top and just bad acting, boring action, bad special effects, terrible clothing, stupid changes in the story, especially how the dad acts, and what happened to the cars!!!!

omfg they totally killed the races, why? where the hell are the eurobeat music?! Thats what made the races exciting plus i didn't like the directing of the racing anyways. Without comparing the anime it was average at best, it was rushed (yes, not comparing the anime) esp. the relationship between takumi and mogi. I thought the development of takumi wanting to become a street racer wasn't that great. Maybe they should of thought of making it longer? instead of cramming everything into a 2hr movie. Now comparing anime to movie. failed! i mean in every single aspect possible - character and story. I don't care if the actor was a good choice or not since when the hell did bunta become some drinking bum that abuses his son? Totally untruthful towards the original story, who told the director to cram 3 stages of initial d into a 2hr movie? the racing totally sucked, not as intense as the anime. ugh thats enough, the more i type the more angry i get.

raysgirl20032000

Athrunzpet

i saw the movie............. man................ it was good

i saw it and it was real people who was playing the parts .......i wonder if it's the same
(the anime version and the real life people version)????????

but neighter way i would like all of them..............

*'~!~"**'~!~'**'~!~"**'~!~'*
Signature Imagehttp://yixue.66ip.com/tou14.gif[/sigimg]

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.