Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ATi CrossFire - Multi-GPU Rendering - Minitokyo

ATi CrossFire - Multi-GPU Rendering

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

ATi's answer to nVidia's SLI: http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Previews/aticrossfiretech/

I'll let the review explain the details :) .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

That was interesting. :)

Signature
Member of: ~Make a friend~ ~Serenity~ ~Japanese~ ~FinalFantasyFans~
I'll see you all around, people! :D

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by TimanaThat was interesting. :)

And expensive.

Wonder how nVidia would react.

Signature

Quote by jakulito

And expensive.

Yeah, that's really expensive for better graphics . But it does looks promising, though I don't have the money to spent it on it.

Signature Image

The down side is you must a have a ATI chipset mobo in order
to use ATI's cross-fire technology.

Signature

it is well but very expensive

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

iit looks pretty good, but since it is really expensive...u may not want to buy it unles u really care about graphics on the computer...

retire

whoa very interresting && expeensive!

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Unless you're earning cash from such powerful hardware, or just a filthy rich, gaming freak, this one isn't that much of an importance.

Signature

From what i have seen of the crossfire, i personally think ATI might lose the SLI wars because of the fact you are going to using an external dongle that controls the SLI instead of an internal bridge

amd 64 3000
2 GB PC 3200 ram
msi K8N NEO 4 sli
(2) MSI NX 6600 GT 128 MB Video Cards(Geforce 6600)
250 GB Maxtor Hard Drive

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jakulito

And expensive.

Read the details and it was expensive! Man, can't afford that...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Owning the top end nVidia cards is hardly cheap. 6800 Ultra cards hit about £375 each >_> .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by Aa-chanOwning the top end nVidia cards is hardly cheap. 6800 Ultra cards hit about £375 each >_> .

Uh... is it the same as the price on the site you gave or not?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Quote by ryan27406From what i have seen of the crossfire, i personally think ATI might lose the SLI wars because of the fact you are going to using an external dongle that controls the SLI instead of an internal bridge
amd 64 30002 GB PC 3200 rammsi K8N NEO 4 sli
(2) MSI NX 6600 GT 128 MB Video Cards(Geforce 6600)250 GB Maxtor Hard Drive

The upside to Ati Cross-Fire is you can combine any ATi card that supports Cross-Fire.
Not like Nvidia's SLI, if you get a GeForce 6800gt and you want to make SLI you will
still have to buy another 6800gt.

Signature

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

It's nice to see ATi trying to get back into the game. Cost for a crossfire system really doesn't seem much more than an nVidia system. After all, you still need two compatible video cards and motherboard that supports the technology. For ATi, you need two ATi cards and an ATi motherboard that supports CrossFire. For nVidia, you need... well, two nVidia cards and an nForce motherboard that supports SLI.

Maybe at some point the external dongle will dissapear and be ingegrated internally. It reminds me of the old Vodoo2 SLI in that sense... nVidia used to have an internal bridge to connect two cards, but that has since been replaced by an on-board connector. In time, ATi might move to this as well.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Raiynagh

Raiynagh

fr0gm45+3r

Well, to be honest I think it'll depend on the quality of ATI's next processor. On the plus side, it has universal compatibility, but it's also external, which seems a bit messy to me. I hope it gets replaced with something internal.

If we talk in a very high pitched voice, the fish can't hear us...

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.