Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is there room for begginers here? - Minitokyo

Is there room for begginers here?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

kyohimura

kyohimura

The burning spirit

I'd like to star making walls rigth away, but don't know how to start......... I think I need a little push.

The only thing I ask is information about any tutorial you know of.
And just one more thing, I'm using Paint Shop Pro 7. Do you think I need to buy photo shop or corel?

Thanks to all!!!!!

Signature
Thanks a lot to sumomo- for the awsome signature. :)
Proud member of ~.:Doujinshi-Support-Club:.~.:Hispanime:.~

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

I'd personally would suggest PhotoShop from alll the goood experiences I've been having with it lately...

Downloading a pirate version of PhotoShop/Corel is wrong Kyohimura. Quit suggesting that...oh you weren't sugesting that? Must have been thinking about it myself out loud. XD

Anyway try these two sites for starters:

http://www.picgames.com/forum/index.php (tutorial section) - Will atleast get you acquinted with PSP a get you a nice sig going.
http://www.pixel2life.com/-Very handy tutorials for many types of software including Paint Shop Pro.

I'll post a few more PSP tutorial sites if I think of any.

I don't encourage downloading a copy of Photoshop, but it's a much better program in my opinion.

Just mess around with what you got at the moment, it should be quite good :).

If you can afford photoshop or can obtain it through other means (like a friend giving you a full copy ;)) then by all means, use it.

Signature

musicgenerator

i'am what i'am

painter & photoshop are both good both have ups and downs, i have used both, photo was better form manipulating, while painter mor enaturla colours, better for texturing and i enjoy the tools. i say get both since you can move photoshop/ painter files in both programs to continue working on them

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Once you have started something, feel free to use the "Sandbox" thread, pinned to the top of the Art & Design forums, in order to get feedback on your work. This will help you improve the work so that it meets the minimum quality requirements of MT without getting your item deleted beforehand.

kyohimura

kyohimura

The burning spirit

I have nothing else to say but thanks a lot to all of you , I'll start working rigth now. I will submit my first wall around monday, so I'm expecing your opinion.

Later!

Signature

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

I'm a total noobie with making walls myself so from one noobie to the next I wish you luck. Looking forward to seeing your first wall.

Well. I'd suggest to start with that you have now (Paint Shop Pro) before getting a new program. Although Photoshop is more advanced (from what I've seen from both programs), using its full features takes a lot of practice. So, I don't think you need to get Photoshop... just if you really feel that Paint Shop Pro isn't enough anymore XD

Oh well, the best thing would be having both XD

yah, thats what i did too i started with what i had and just used photoshop :)

AVi: Made By "shiori-chan16"
Signature

yuna92

yuna92

100% BLEACH

I have the same problem...
I'm using Photoshop and gimp, but even with the tutorials I don't understand all, I would do a lot of things but I don't know how to make it.
Maybe with training and fierceness I will succeed!
Good luck ;)

Signature

photoshop is a good program. I think one must practice using photoshop or maybe macromedia studios in order to really get good at doing wallpapers. My opinion of course

Signature
Curent Anime: Full Metal Alchemist [46/51] Bleach [06/?] Planet ES [14/26]
Back and ready for more anime!

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Quote by kyohimuraI will submit my first wall around monday, so I'm expecing your opinion.
Later!

You don't have to rush your wall. You set your own deadlines. That's the good thing about walling ^^ The key is not to rush and spend time on it. My first one took like 7-8 hours whereas now, i can recreate the same wall in less than 4 hours. So you'll get better as long as you try ^^

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Xerdo

Xerdo

Bakuretsu Muteki XerdoPwerko

You can always use the gimp, and it's free. It'll give you enough basic tools and it's very similar to what you can do with photoshop.

Think of a concept. What I like to do when I make a new wallpaper is to think of a phrase or moment of the anime or character. I think of what colours, what type of texture will reflect this mood.
Then I compose. Look up "aureous section" and "rule of thirds", as these will be your best friends in wallpapering.

Keep several versions of your layered creation. Work with different fonts (and do get lots of new fonts to work with them). Don't over-effectualize. Photoshop effects are cool and all, but using them too much looks cheap.

And have fun.

* Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof, where nobody can retrieve it.*

smilealways

smilealways

f.R Designs

you can use GIMP its free but.... Photoshop is way way better for me .... first of all you could start making a wallpaper by choosing the pictures you want to use in it from there you decide on what kind of background suits the pictures example do you want it to be a warm background , erm hard core backgrounds T_T lol its up to you

Why dont you try out the trial for photoshop ---> www.download.com they should have free trials for PS ^^ and as for tutorials go to www.goodtutorials.com OR www.pixel2life.com they have fantastic tuts :)

hope this helps ^^

Signature

Hello, do you have any links to gimp? I'm also a newbie and would like to start out but don't have tools. Thanks

kauriswings

kauriswings

skrzydla jej serce

i just use things that were put on my computer when i got them... like paint. that's how i do most of my wallpapers *well that may be why only one has survived deletion*

I'll never forget the day you told me you loved me,
i will always try to forget the day that you said you didn't love me...

CACandy1988

CACandy1988

BOriginal

Hmm.. tough question, I'm not a waller myself but I'm taking a Graphic Design class in school at the moment and we use Photoshop.. You can definately make some beautiful stuff! Just experiment with the program and you'll eventually figure out how all the layering and coloring works. That's how I work at school anyway. Good Luck!

"Turn the other cheek too often and you get a razor blade through it" -John Lyndon

effects can be done on the "filter" menu, you can start with making clouds then adding effects like distort, blur, pixelate etc. you can experiment with your own too :D

LunaTsukino

LunaTsukino

the Moon is fascinating...

I can imagine how you feel...
I have started walling just a short time ago... And my walls at first were just pictures with text! XD~
I think working with tuts at the Internet are the best way to know the filters and how to work with Photoshop (or any other program).
I'd suggest you to download fonts and brushes and look up for tutorial. I use lots of sites, but they are at other computer... >.< I'll post them later... ;)
Good luck! I hope you have a please work on walling! ^_^

Welcome to our Sailor Moon World!!!!! ^-^
Visit us at www.sossailormoon.com.br

kyohimura

kyohimura

The burning spirit

Quote by LunaTsukinoI can imagine how you feel...
I have started walling just a short time ago... And my walls at first were just pictures with text! XD~
I think working with tuts at the Internet are the best way to know the filters and how to work with Photoshop (or any other program).
I'd suggest you to download fonts and brushes and look up for tutorial. I use lots of sites, but they are at other computer... >.< I'll post them later... ;)
Good luck! I hope you have a please work on walling! ^_^

Yeah... I've been playing around a lil with Paint Shop Pro I've got some brushes and I trying some filters but I get bored really fast... ^_^'
Thanks for your support (I really need it, hehe)

Signature

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.