Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Remembering Peter Jennings - Minitokyo

Remembering Peter Jennings

page 1 of 1 12 total items

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Since Peter Jennings passing away this week, (1938 - 2005) I've been deeply affected by the loss of this news anchorman. And after watching a 2 hour documentary, I began to realize how is life has affected me.

I don't remember who was the anchorman of ABC News Tonight before Peter Jennings, but I do remember there was one... back when I was 5 or 8 years old. Yeah, I watched news back then too. I think I may have learned objectivity from this indivdual, by observation. It's hard to remain objective after watching some key stories he covered as a news reporter, reporting on the "little stories" and show how they affect or are affected by the larger stories.

Maybe he was one of my Childhood and Adult heros...

Has anyone else been affected by this man's life, directly or indirectly?
That's what I'd like this thread to be about.

(Mods does this belong in this catagory?)

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

I personally didn't have much experience with any of the famous news reporters partly because of my age and partly because I had my exposure to news controlled pretty well when I was young. I can certainly understand the value of someone who remained impartial while reporting the news especially in the age of "liberal" channels and "conservative" channels.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I saw that. I was suprised that he was so old. ...Just another reminder that we're only here for a short while...

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

He was agreat man, and the really sad part of it is that most Americans don't know that. Most everyone in other countries know what he has done.... I know he was born in Canada, but I'm not sure how old he was when he came to the states..

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by foobluedHe was agreat man, and the really sad part of it is that most Americans
don't know that. Most everyone in other countries know what he has
done.... I know he was born in Canada, but I'm not sure how old he was
when he came to the states..

He was in his early - mid 20's when he joined ABC news. and was 25 the first time he became anchor of the news, before realizing he was too green and went out to be a world reporter. Also, he did become a US Citizen this year before passing away.

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

Oh yeah, I just heard it recently. My father said that he was a great news reporter.

Quote by Archer79I saw that. I was suprised that he was so old. ...Just another reminder that we're only here for a short while...

I agree with Archer79...

I have no idea who you are talking about. I never watch the news.

However, someone mentioned he was impartial when reporting. If so, I admire him.

nightfire

nightfire

Drift King

I wished he was still alive, he was one of the best news reporters ever, at least he died with people grieving his death, my mom liked him so much but now he is gone all because of lung cancer.

Signature
Signature by PAche
Proud Admin of: System of a Down fans, Tokyo Mew Mew, RockmanEXE

I have no idea who you are talking about
I'm not much of a news person but a death is a death.
It done it is over with.

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by gundragonI have no idea who you are talking about
I'm not much of a news person but a death is a death.
It done it is over with.

I don't know how to take this response... it seems inappropirate, and out of place.

I'm not trying to bring him back. This form was ment to be more like Nuriko's "Pope's Health" thread on the forms.
Read to learn some more information on this influenctial man.

If you don't know who this person is after reading this link, please don't post at all on this thread.

musicgenerator

i'am what i'am

i saw that 2 hour special cause there wa snothin else, i was surprised how he tried to bring all these hush hush to the people. Which was cool since him doing it or not does not really effect him.

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by musicgeneratori saw that 2 hour special cause there wa snothin else, i was surprised
how he tried to bring all these hush hush to the people. Which was cool
since him doing it or not does not really effect him.

Well, Yeah, there really wasn't anything good to watch on Wed. night, even on the cable networks. If you missed it, it's because of a few things.

1. Don't live in US, don't have TV, channel was on another channel, and therefore couldn't see it.
2. Were surfing the Internet (I was too while watching :p)
3. Playing games
4. Sleeping.
5. Off in your own little world.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.