Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Social Climbers - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Social Climbers

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I searched for a similar topic and did not find one..
This is a rant.... I'm putting that out front right now, before anyone complains, thats why its in the spam lounge. So if that bothers you, stop reading now. No one is making you read it.
Power trippin', social climbers.
The mods know em', frequent members recognize em' and noobs seek them out to raise their status. This is really obvious due to the recent "MT's most popular" threads. I have no desire to see a skewed bureaucracy develope here. They:

-Cuddle up to higher members, buttkissing to a remarkable degree
-Actually ask poeple to fav their stuff, regardless of its quality.
-Treating all the noobs and "lesser members" (I consider no one a lesser member) like... well poo.
-Also creating pity threads (I'm not talking about real problems, I understand when poeple need a shoulder).... a pet peeve of mine.

I love MT, I love that we all share an appreciation for anime.
I'm sorry this is a rant, a gripe and a vent. But I need to get it out there.
People who do it know who they are, please stop the power tripping and respect MT.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Mikoami

Mikoami

Hiatus-Up by FEB 20 '08

Quote by foobluedI searched for a similar topic and did not find one..
This is a rant.... I'm putting that out front right now, before anyone
complains, thats why its in the spam lounge. So if that bothers you,
stop reading now. No one is making you read it.
Power trippin', social climbers.
The mods know em', frequent members recognize em' and noobs seek them
out to raise their status. This is really obvious due to the recent
"MT's most popular" threads. I have no desire to see a skewed
bureaucracy develope here. They:
-Treating all the noobs and "lesser members" (I consider no one a
lesser member) like... well poo. -Also creating pity threads (I'm not
talking about real problems, I understand when poeple need a
shoulder).... a pet peeve of mine. I love MT, I love that we all share
an appreciation for anime. I'm sorry this is a rant, a gripe and a
vent. But I need to get it out there. People who do it know who they
are, please stop the power tripping and respect MT.

yeah i would have to agree on that. Lots of people are doing those things...
man i really don't know what else to say! you really said it all! lol. But yeah respect MT! ^__^ i've already experienced one of those things..its very annoying! >__< well thats that!
EDIT: oh yeah and i've been seeing it a lot lately too O___o

So what is this about? People who just want to do things so that they'll be at a higher level?

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

lol cuddle up to higher members...thats cute..though I've noticed many people now like to add me to their friendlist and don't leave a message which is something that all the high level members are probably familiar with. They think that since were a high level we can give them some sorta power...which is too stupid to even think about so forget that last part ~_~
But yea alot of stuff that you're saying has been going on latley. I would say only the mods can stop it really, we can only encourage the mods examples and hope that the people of MT follow our and the mods lead. :)

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

*patpat* yes, there are a lot of those out there... Of course, I am on good terms with at least one mod, since we actually know each other in real life. It's not an abused relationship by any means, but I think MT somewhat reflects the uglier sides of life sometimes.

Let's climb the corporate ladder together!

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Mikoami

Mikoami

Hiatus-Up by FEB 20 '08

Quote by AlishaSo what is this about? People who just want to do things so that they'll be at a higher level?

yeah its one of em' it happened in on of my galleries, a person kept on spamming in em' >__< and other things too. *sigh* why?!!!

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Yes, it's true that there are some members who do turn to the higher level members, and I've seen one the other day add me to her friendslist like it was okay. The people have the power to make the biggest difference in the way MT functions and the way members interact with each other.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Good point fooblued. I am sure you receive the same "butt kissing" from a variety of members as i and others do as well. This is basiclly to get higher respects towards them. Thats why us "higher status" members must stick together..and allow those "butt kissers" to attempt to reach their own gluteous maximus XD

Mikoami

Mikoami

Hiatus-Up by FEB 20 '08

Quote by toxictea23Good point fooblued. I am sure you receive the same "butt kissing" from
a variety of members as i and others do as well. This is basiclly to
get higher respects towards them. Thats why us "higher status" members
must stick together..and allow those "butt kissers" to attempt to reach
their own gluteous maximus XD

yeah lol! though i'm only lv 40 -__-''''thats not high though i do agree ^__^
ami posting to much in this thread? O__O

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I don't think I'm "high status" yet, but I do get a lot of random FL adds. o_0

i know what you mean about the butt kissing though, it's pretty annoying. -_- I guess I respect the higher level members, but I don't think I suck up to them. At least I don't think I do lol.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by AngelKateI don't think I'm "high status" yet, but I do get a lot of random FL
adds. o_0 i know what you mean about the butt kissing though, it's
pretty annoying. -_- I guess I respect the higher level members, but I
don't think I suck up to them. At least I don't think I do lol.

Its really wierd when a person adds you to thier friendlist and you have no idea why. They don't fav or comment, or stop by your user page and say that they want to see what you submit. I have faved a couple of people to see their submissions when they submit new ones, but I let them know thats why... its a little creepy, but it quickly turn to annoying when you go to thier page and find out that they have been a member for two hours or sumthin' like that :angry:

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote by fooblued

Quote by AngelKateI don't think I'm "high status" yet, but I do get a
lot of random FL

Its really wierd when a person adds you to thier friendlist and you
have no idea why. They don't fav or comment, or stop by your user page
and say that they want to see what you submit. I have faved a couple of
people to see their submissions when they submit new ones, but I let
them know thats why... its a little creepy, but it quickly turn to
annoying when you go to thier page and find out that they have been a
member for two hours or sumthin' like that :angry:

yes, exactly. It drives me nuts. I get a lot of newbies who add me for some reason. And most of the time I'm the first one they add! o_0

Speaking of random newbie adds....I just got one. <_<

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

What's so bad about the new guys? I don't really mind when they add me. I go back to there userpage and write in there guestbooks and add them to my freinds list. But whatever that's just me.

Anyway with all of this sucking up and other stuff about new dudes don't you think where being a little mean?

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by AlishaWhat's so bad about the new guys? I don't really mind when they add me.
I go back to there userpage and write in there guestbooks and add them
to my freinds list. But whatever that's just me. Anyway with all of
this sucking up and other stuff about new dudes don't you think where
being a little mean?

I'm not talking about just new people, I have a lot of low level friends who just share my appreciation on anime, and thats cool. But people who use the site to just to be better than someone else... not cool.

Aetherdragon

Aetherdragon

White and Nerdy

I completely argee with ya Fooblued. The one I want to point out the most ( and I've said it before) is The "noob" crap. I mean, come on, everyone was once and a noob. Would these noob trashers like it if they were verbally/text abused at another site they thought was cool and joined just because they were now the "noob" ? I think not . I know there's a lot o' you that'll say they don't care .......bs, deep down you'd find it annoying. Although, if anything, someone should point out the excessive about of duplicated and what seems like hundreds of variations of one pic (happens alot especially lately).

"They see me strollin'...they laughin' and rollin' their eyes 'cause I'm so white & nerdy" - Weird "Al"

Signature Image

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

i get this sometimes. if i don't know the person, then i'll just ignore them. i think maybe MT should have a watch list and a friend list. so the friend list is for your real friends and watch list is for the ppl who aren't really your friends. like the watch list have your "stalkers."

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

lunar-angel

Wandering Angel

Quote by fooblued
-Treating all the noobs and "lesser members" (I consider no one a lesser member) like... well poo.
-Also creating pity threads (I'm not talking about real problems, I understand when poeple need a shoulder).... a pet peeve of mine.

I totaly agree with you. I've noticed that some of the new members will add me to their fl just beacuse of my lv (some of them have even told me that), I'm tired of it. Oh course I'll just ignore that person. I worked hard to get to where I am, but I will never go as far as to belittle a person just because they're at a lower lv. Reading this thread reminds me that I need to finish going thru my fl.... well have a nice day/night

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by Kittenlol cuddle up to higher members...thats cute..though I've noticed many
people now like to add me to their friendlist and don't leave a message
which is something that all the high level members are probably
familiar with. They think that since were a high level we can give them
some sorta power...which is too stupid to even think about so forget
that last part ~_~
But yea alot of stuff that you're saying has been going on latley. I
would say only the mods can stop it really, we can only encourage the
mods examples and hope that the people of MT follow our and the mods
lead. :)

I don't think mods can do anything about it really, besides they are burdened enough with all of the bogus posting in the gallery. They're not breaking any rules, I think its just up to the members to ignore people trying to do these things.

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by fooblued....
The mods know em', frequent members recognize em' and noobs seek them
out to raise their status. This is really obvious due to the recent
"MT's most popular" threads. I have no desire to see a skewed
bureaucracy develope here. They:
-Treating all the noobs and "lesser members" (I consider no one a
lesser member) like... well poo. -Also creating pity threads (I'm not
talking about real problems, I understand when poeple need a
shoulder).... a pet peeve of mine....

I don't mind too much of the cuddle up or idolizing (of Tama and stuff), but I draw the line when they ask me to fave something that I simply don't like. Sounds like a particular former newbie person (the first criteria). Pixelated and not something I really wanted to look at because I had no interest in the show.
Usually, I on the flip side... Where I offer advice on newbie submissions that catch my eyes for some reason or another.
I admit I don't respond to the "hi, I'm new here" threads... partly because I never posted one myself when I was new.
But I looked for other users who joined around the same time I did and made some good friends this way.

I think the real problem is just the personal ethics or morals of these individuals. But it does bug me at times.

NightshimmerGM

NightshimmerGM

Seeker of Wisdom

I'm only a casual MT member, so I haven't seen much of this activity. I'm still not even sure how the leveling/pic ranking thing works. All I can say is some people just have nothing better to do in the "real world" so they put all their effort into advancing their influence in the "virtual world." But people will be people. People have the built-in need to belong, and will persue belonging where ever they can. All I could suggest is to politely decline unwarented requests from such people and tell them why.

When I first signed up in MT, I was very excited about this cool new place. I'd never seen an anime fan site before and wanted to check it out. I was quickly disillusioned. A most people were nice, or at leasted moderately tollerant of me and my posts; but some were downright rude. I know many long-time MT members are obsessively protective of your post categories and duplicate post suppression, but a little patience would be appriciated. Most noobs here are treated almost with contempt. After my first two days I quit MT for several weeks because I just didn't want to put up with being treated like that. Since then I have picked up where I left off and remained mildly active here, adding my thoughts here and there, and hopefully making a few friends along the way.

... sorry, got a little off subject there. Anyway, there will always be a few odd ones, but please be patient so you don't discourage the simply inexperienced members, too.

I will gladly accept any thought-out, constructive responces.

--There is more to life than just living.

vanny

Fate/Rider

Its funny that you'll see this type of activity everywhere, MMO games, work, school and now MT. As night had mention, its only human nature. There's no escaping stupidity. Its just something you should deal with in life.

Tho I do agree with the points said in this thread, there's little one can do about it except maybe ignore and move on. I've already stomach this in every online community I've been on. Wouldn't matter if its for another (this place rocks too). It doesnt get less easier to bear with the annoyance, but you'll learn patience soonr or later >_>.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by fooblued

Quote by AngelKateI don't think I'm "high status" yet, but I do get a lot of random FL

Its really wierd when a person adds you to thier friendlist and you have no idea why. They don't fav or comment, or stop by your user page and say that they want to see what you submit. I have faved a couple of people to see their submissions when they submit new ones, but I let them know thats why... its a little creepy, but it quickly turn to annoying when you go to thier page and find out that they have been a member for two hours or sumthin' like that :angry:

No kidding I have tons of those. I'll admit I'm not a high level member. I just post alot because I just love coming to MT. I've gotten tons of newbie members who for no reason whatsoever add me to their friendslist/join my groups. Yet they never show up again leave a message or anything of the sort. I've refused to welcome many of the newer members as a result and have ignored many who have added me to their fl. One person I met months ago. They haven't posted for awhile then out of the blue they add me to their fl. I mean what's up with that. Some I can understand because I know some of their friends who are already here at MT.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

I've seen this alot. I know there is a soemone who gets that often. Sometimes people do that to me too. It gets annoying, I mean, why add someone to your fl when you don't know who they are? Well, I just try ignore those kind of people, like leave them alone. Nothing really happens after that.

Quote by akari-chani get this sometimes. if i don't know the person, then i'll just ignore
them. i think maybe MT should have a watch list and a friend list. so
the friend list is for your real friends and watch list is for the ppl
who aren't really your friends. like the watch list have your
"stalkers."

I agree with you, imoutou-san.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by vannyIts funny that you'll see this type of activity everywhere, MMO games,
work, school and now MT. As night had mention, its only human nature.
There's no escaping stupidity. Its just something you should deal with
in life.
Tho I do agree with the points said in this thread, there's little one
can do about it except maybe ignore and move on. I've already stomach
this in every online community I've been on. Wouldn't matter if its for
another (this place rocks too). It doesnt get less easier to bear with
the annoyance, but you'll learn patience soonr or later &gt;_&gt;.

I have oceans of patience for noobs, because I remember how confusing the whole leveling/community thing was. I don't think that I would be nearly as active in the community had the level ten to view scans rule not be in place. It made me throw myself out there...

I think we are getting a little off topic though. I'm not talking just noobs and I don't want people who are low levels feel like they can't post in this thread. Because I know a lot of people here who just browse and post casually, I don't think thats a bad thing. Some people just don't like to make walls, thats cool, and I know when I first signed up, every scan I had in my collection had already been posted (Blame it on living in Indiana and low anime funds). There are a lot of high level members who are like obsessed with crossing 50, then crossing 80, 100.. 125. Like they are trying to be the best at a postboard.. thats what get under my skin quick. If you have stuff of quality to submit right on, but I'm seeing c##p being submitted by people who should know better, and people getting mad over not enough people on thier friendlist liking thier stuff. I'll admit, when I work really hard on a wall, and then someone picks it apart I get a little huffy, but I'm also glad that someone took the time to really look at what I've done, because "good work" and "you rock" won't make you a better artist.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.