Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 BLEACH: Ichigo Kurosaki - Chad Relationship Discussion - Minitokyo

BLEACH: Ichigo Kurosaki - Chad Relationship Discussion

Tagged under Bleach

page 1 of 1 12 total items

niomea

niomea

broken wings

How deep can you go for your friend? :an Ichigo Kurosaki - Chad Relationship discussion.

Literarry in all dictionary on any languages in the world, Brotherhood will mean a relationship that is made by blood ties. Meaning you are born from the same mother, or by a blood relation to the same father.

However, it is far too often for us to tie a "brotherhood" even with a stranger, someone who is not coming from the same blood realtion with us, but so close to our heart, mind and life.

We also hear too often, how much blood brothers hate each other (look at Inu Yasha - Sesshoumaru, it's a perfect example) and even kill each other's existence.

So what is brotherhood? Is it merely a blood relationship? Tied as brother by law? or like Ichigo and Chad ? brothers in arm?

Ichigo and Chad has rarely met before, and we can all see in the manga or anime that they are friends just because Chad helps Ichigo on the gang fight, and vice versa.
However, as the story continues their relationship gone far more deeper than friends, Chad voluntarily fight alongside Ichigo and even give his life for him! the other way around happened to Ichigo, and they don't even need speech to explain their act.

And even they are always do things the other way, they never even once doubt the other's way of thinking!
Their trust to each other even surpass words.

What do you think of this? what do you think of brotherhood? Does it really exist?

envision

envision

nonchalant

I think brotherhood exists, it's a pretty intense form of friendship, and more like family. i think that Ichigo and Chad have that type of r/s because they are in the same situation - both outcasts in their own way, with Ichigo and his hair, and Chad coz hes....well big. I think their r/s is pretty extreme, as in everyday life, I can't think of their type of r/s happening very frequently >.<"

yes.... those kind of relationship is exist...
brotherhood is looks like a true friend but it has a deeper meaning...
it's my opinion

niomea

niomea

broken wings

Quote by envisionI think brotherhood exists, it's a pretty intense form of friendship, and more like family. i think that Ichigo and Chad have that type of r/s because they are in the same situation - both outcasts in their own way, with Ichigo and his hair, and Chad coz hes....well big. I think their r/s is pretty extreme, as in everyday life, I can't think of their type of r/s happening very frequently &gt;.&lt;"

Thank you envison sempai for posting. Also for ipic sempai.

Indeed I agree with you, envision sempai. Deep relationship that shows so much devotion is such rare thing. I would have been proud if I am to be blessed with such friend.

For that kind of friend I actually understand if both ichigo and Chad would give their life for each other. Yep! Life. not just in words, but so far in the anime, in act also, while most of people would have doubted thousands of time before even considering of saying yes.

But actually, is brother in arm just created by the same fate? the same path of life? Take Ishida uryuu for example. he used to hate Ichigo (as a shinigami). The painful vengeance he is carrying behind his back has gotten bigger to consume his visibility to look inside the heart.

It is when they unite their mission in beating up Menos Grande that they both learn to trust each other, resulting Uryuu to join their group later on.

In this case, I guess we can presume that the same dream can unite people too? as brothers?

But who started? In Ichigo - Uryuu case, it seems like Ichigo is the first one to make the move, stealing the hart of Uryuu to actually see the man inside.

In Ichigo - Chad case?
Well, I don't really recall that the story told clearly who saved who first. But the question is, does brotherhood made, or grown? Is it requires our effort to actually start one, or it was there since the beginning/ just waiting for a good timing to show?

toonmaker

toonmaker

Nani mono ka? Namae nanka...

Hmmmmm! I don't think this is brotherhood! Chad just want to protect Ichigo and help him! Same for Ichigo but even if they are old friend and help each other, Chad can she the great deference in power (between him and Ichigo) and he just want to folow him (something like servant). Brotherhood is something like share everything u have with your partner (or brother :P) till the end! Ichigo and Chad aren't sharing anything, just the risk of the Fight !

niomea

niomea

broken wings

At first, maybe, you are right, toonmaker san. But later on (around episode 52 or so) when Chad fights one of the shinigami taichou (Kyouraku from div. 8 if I am not mistaken), the taichou asked why he went out of his way and even bet his life just for a new friend. Chad mentioned at that time, how he once gone to a street fight together with Ichigo, and they made a promise, that Chad would give his life to protect Ichigo, as well as Ichigo would give his life to protect Chad.

Since then, they have been hanging around as a very close pair of friend.

In the strength of that idea, Chad regsain his spirit and fight to the end.

At the same time, Ichigo, who fights against Zaraki Kenpachi, also remember the same promise and because of that, also manage to get up from his loss and even beat Kenpachi.

This is of course too mutual to be called "boss-servant relationship" but however, it can also be a mutual friendship instead of brotherhood.

However, thank you for participating in this thread toonmaker san. looking forward to your next intriguing opinion ^_^

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Well hmm. IMO, family is a relationship you are born into. You don't choose it and it is significant to your life in the way it impacts you. Family can be a support or a punishment depending your situation. Friendship is a choice and the way it impacts you is a choice. Brotherhood is a choice and is exactly the same at face value as friendship. What makes brotherhood infinitely rarer and important is the reason it occurs btwn two or more people. Brotherhood is where two people recognize an instinctive similiarity in how they look at and face the world. It is a shared belief and pattern of behavior. The difference is that while I might know my friend to a certain extent and have certain expectation because of that, my "brother" is an extension of myself. Ichigo and Chad are not friends. They don't hang out and comfort each other over lost girlfriends. They don't have a simple supportive relationship. They have a bond of shared ideals where sacrificing themselves to a cause is infinitely more valuable than sacrificing themselves for each other. Brotherhood is two people running together rather than two people standing behind each other to give support. This is why Ichigo and Chad don't have a long close history. In a stressful situation, it doesn't take very long to recognize the most closely held desires of another person. When those desires are shared, you find a brother....

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

kamikazekazuo

kamikazekazuo

daaanssu

brotherhood does exist... my friend and i do as well... it is a deep intricate tie between each other that you don't really tell each other... but you know each of you are there for one another

Signature Image
hanabira no you ni chiriyuku naka de
yume mitai ni kimi ni deaeta kiseki

arch-god-elle

Arch God

Hmmm... Thats a good point to bring up...
Actually their relationship reminds me of a friendship I used to have with someone...
So in a way it is possible, but those types of relationships are also the hardest when they fail...
Hmmm... Plottness....

Anyways that type of bond is possible, I totaly agree.

Afthartos

Afthartos

The Forbidden One

Well sometimes,somethings cannot be described with simple words even a word like Brothers....I believe that Ichigo and Chad are far more than best friend or Brothers...They have become existences That is only natural to give it everything they got for eachother...Existences that is only natural to fill eachother with simple actions,eyesights and words(rarely)...Natural to include eachother to their everyday actions...that's what i believe niomea-chan....:D

Two souls....
Signature
One Destiny...

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

yeah i definitely think it's possible.. but the weird thing that always amazes me is that... sometimes "brothers" who are not blood related seemed to be closer then actual blood brothers... somehow most of the cases i come across... it's usually the case where they are not related yet they'll go thru thick & thin together it's amazing..

it's very heart warming.. & seeing quiet chad trustin ichigo so much.. while the loud ichigo worries for chad... i believe their bond is very strong.. probably the time where chad had a flashback to the time where ichigo promised to help him no matter what..

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

niomea

niomea

broken wings

What wolfco San is posting above is so admirable. An exquisite way to review how Chad and Ichigo shared their heart toward each other. And not only both of them, wolfco San also portray our daily relationship.

I agree totally that hard times in life most often-ly open our eyes on our aquaintance, make it easier for us to separate which one are more true than another. If it finds a favorable answer, then you are sure to have the strong bonds, where water CAN be thicker than blood like what polarie san had said.

As life pass by, the relation will be put on test, some turn into thin thread of warm friendship like Afthartos San here said, and some will become even thicker than blood brothers.

It is surely nice to know that brotherhood can be grown. It can be born and get strong like Ichigo and his sisters, but it is magnificent to know that even unrelated person can contribute to your survival.

Thank you very much all of you for contributing to this thread.

Looking forward to your other brilliant thinking ^_^

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.