Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chrono Crusade Ending... - Minitokyo

Chrono Crusade Ending...

Tagged under Chrno Crusade

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

Is it just me or did anyone else think the ending to Chrono Crusade was extremely lacking and weak? I just found the solution to everything to be extremely anticlimatic...at the height of all the events, the conclusion to it all seemed to be something so trivial that it brought the series down in my opinion. Sure it was nice to see Rosette and Chrono get to spend time with no worries in the world and with their love for each other, but it just seemed to rush into that almost instantly...last battle takes two seconds and oh we're relaxing on the porch waiting for death to take us...

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Signature

No, I'm sorry, I guess the show just sucks because the battles don't take twenty episodes like they do in awesome shows like Dragonball Z and Naruto.

</sarcasm>

If you look at it in a different light, you can see that the "solution to everything" actually took place over the course of the last few episodes, rather than "two seconds."

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

I HATE DBZ as it takes forever...not asking for that, and yes I understand the that last few episodes are the ending, but let's be honest....Chrono and Aion are the two strongest devils and Aion is defeated that easily?

The battle isn't what bothers me so much as the anticlimatic form the conclusion took. It took the wind out of the sails...they build up so much tension and then it just dissipates within moments...one second the fate of the world is in the hinge, the next we are watching Rosette and Chrono sitting on a porch...seems like we missed something there don't you think?

Signature

winter

winter

Beneath A Different Sky

ya i agree...

Balith

Susumy

i happened to like CC's ending, it was nice, and peaceful, i like those kinds of endings!!!! and CC's battles were coolies too, unlike Naruto or DBZ it suited CC!

Look at me! Do I look like a Susumy to you?! My friend says I do!!!!!

Siral:"No its not just with humans, im not full human either! so how is it that I dont remember my best friends?! tell me that?! its not because I have more human in me that Cascade does! its cause everyone! including demons, vampires, anything! they all forget after time! youll figure that out when you forget Cascade as well! everyone forgets it just how life is!"

tt's ending is suck....

Cathal

Cathal

ROAR!

I liked the ending, I thought it was a nice peacful way to sum it all up.

"The mouth of the just shall mediate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgment. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, for when he hath been proved, he shall recieve a crown of life." - Lillium

To me the ending is so beautiful it makes you have that warm and peacful feeling inside.

Signature

"All the while we thought you were a brilliant strategist when really you've just been a lucky fool." - Kurama

*Referring to Sanzo, said with a lisp* "It's nice to see he's getting in touch with his feminine side."- Gojyo

Quote by ShagmarChrono and Aion are the two strongest devils and Aion is
defeated that easily?

It was never explicitly stated that they were the two strongest demons in Pandemonium, at least as far as combat ability. It seemed to me that Aion brought Chrno (and the other "Sinners") to his side because they were all very strong; he himself was simply the planner/leader guy who may or may not have really been able to compete with any of them in battle.

I liked the ending too, it was an peaceful and beautiful ending.

Un, really...? It was just disappointing for me, since the two went through everything...battles, troubles, the works...---just to suddenly die on a porch together. o.o;; I mean...It just seems like the anime directors gave up on continuing it...;.; But I guess if people haven't seen many cliche'd endings like this one in other anime, I see how they could like it...The manga was quite better though. ^-^

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

I think there is a forum post about this already but I could be wrong. As for the question, I thought the ending was rather sad and somewhat open.

It has a good ending....just that the combat in the anime is somewhat dull when it came to Chrno and that Aeon guy.

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

There maybe another post but I started this one several months ago. I've since watched the anime again and I'm still dissappointed. I like the Chrono and Rosette get some peaceful time, but I still just can't stand the instant jump to that...dunno...just feels rushed still.

And for those who think I was looking for a DBZ or Naruto fight in the end, you are quite wrong. I don't want that...just something a bit more. As for Chrono and Aion being the two strongest devils, it is said that Chrono was the strongest, hence the reason Aion recruited him. Now it's safe to bet that someone of that power wouldn't follow just anyone...so it's a safe assumption that Aion has to be incredibly powerful as well. Take that as you will

Signature

I think the ending was fine. To me, it actually provided some closure as to what happens to the characters after the dramatic event, and that's what I like for endings.

Signature Image

nanya

nanya

EyzaatheEhnydeel

The last determining fight I believe was really pathetic, I mean the whole series was based on the fact of Chrno and Aion's fight and they brought the whole fight down in about 10 minutes. It should have been more emphasized. It was like suddenly Chrno gets his bout of power and lo and behold destroys Aion. Naa. That just aint right Aion was powerful no? Howcome he then was defeated like some common punk. As for the fight I'm not suggesting that it should have been a DBZ type fight or a Naruto one but that it should have been brought more out into the limelight rather than just being mushed in the second last ep. So, yea it was rushed alright.

Signature
~Reika Kaseka, Aeulmei~

evad83

evad83

Balancer Apprentice

In the anime, I dun think Chrono was ever mentioned as the strongest demon. Yes, he is very strong as a demon, but in my opinion the difference of power and skill is of less consequence in this series when compared with more action-oriented anime series. Yes, the fight seem rushed, but Chrono Crusade nvr really concentrate on the fighting and stuff. It is more focused on the people, drama and plot. For those who have watched till the end, you would see that Aion nvr really "die" in true sense.. (at least in the anime version).

The ending itself, during the last moments of the main characters are pretty nice & solemn, befitting of the show..I still slightly prefer the manga ending though..

~ Bored of getting bored with boredom ~

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

Actually in the anime it does mention Chrono being the strongest devil. But fight aside...the thing that bothers me the most is the instant jump from the anticlimatic battle to Chrono and Rosette sitting on the porch half dead already. It's feels as though a good deal of time has passed (Several years or so) by the way they are acting. It just doesn't make sense...here's a fight, oh here we are old and sitting on the porch without a care in the world. There is so much left unexplained...Aion didn't die...they show him still alive. So what the hell happened? Chrono didn't kill him, so how did he actually stop him for good? Just annoys me.

Signature

The ending is short and very sad.... I donĀ“t like it at all!

ShinNoNoir

ShinNoNoir

Pirate

I wasn't sure how to feel about it all the first time i saw it. You know it's not a happy show when you hit the later second half, but still, i agree that the whole tension and pressure simply dissipated without any real satisfaction.. But it doesn't take away much from that good series, the ending is still better then many other shows i've seen.

Some people wish to get what they deserve, while others fear the same.

Signature

Quote by nanyaThe last determining fight I believe was really pathetic, I mean the whole series was based on the fact of Chrno and Aion's fight and they brought the whole fight down in about 10 minutes. It should have been more emphasized. It was like suddenly Chrno gets his bout of power and lo and behold destroys Aion. Naa. That just aint right Aion was powerful no? Howcome he then was defeated like some common punk. As for the fight I'm not suggesting that it should have been a DBZ type fight or a Naruto one but that it should have been brought more out into the limelight rather than just being mushed in the second last ep. So, yea it was rushed alright.

I totally agree. In fact, I don't think their fight was even 10 minutes. It was a few moments, a few shots, Aion dies. I don't mind the porch bit; it's a nice way to end it, especially when you know it has to be that way, considering the pact made. But really, the whole series was about stopping Aion. They build it up so well, making Aion seem like such an evil genius, and then he just... dies? Doesn't matter how smart or strong or any of that. It's how the animators and producers portrayed him. Then they betray his character by letting him be killed so quickly. It was sorely disappointing.

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

I think they justify that by showing a quick glimpse of Aion later on...as if he's still alive. But that belittles the anime even more. All this build up over Aion to just all of a sudden be gone. Chrono and Rosette on the porch is nice way to show them afterwards, but they die and Aion is still "possibly" at large...so whose going to stop him this time? Or what really happened during that final battle? So many questions left unanswered which sucks cause the anime was done so well up until that point...just unsatisfying...

Signature

I love the manga ending. I mean, this one gave you a very depressed feel at its close. It's not what you look for. Because the happiness at the beginning gets swallowed. There should be some fraction of happiness for someone. At least one character, even if sadness and death is the end for some. It seems very depressing to end a happy ending with "the world is doomed to be corrupted"

How depressing...

Ok, This is my view on it. This anime was very special and meaningful, it was also a lot of fun at times and amusing. Here's what's wrong with the ending:
A/ The fight scene was far too brief. Yes, It was cool, and no, maybe it didn't need a DBZ style fight, but at the very least they could have made it a bit more grand. Make it last for more than half a minute.
B/ I personally don't give a Damn about 'realism', not when we're talking about an anime filled with devils and 'apostles' (Nearly angels), Nuns who fight with guns and precious stones that harbor spirits. There was a few miracles performed in this story as well, yet when it came to the main characters dying - whom the entire anime circles around, and whom Rosette who is supposed to be some kind of re-incarnation of Mary magdalen, that uses some devine power to protect Azmaria earlier in the series - suddenly doesn't have the strength to even go on living. Now I know this isn't the same thing, but the "Etherial lines" is presumably where the energy came from which saved Azmaria. It is also these lines that give chrono his power. So why then, can't Rosette or the powers that be tap into this energy to undo the seal and give chrono more life, so he can in turn share half of his life with rosette by reversing the seals effect - which is even talked of in the anime. If Chrono can give his entire life energy back to Rosette and restore her life, then why the HELL can't he give half back so they BOTH stay alive for much longer? And furthermore, if Chrono is a devil that have extremely long life spans, even without their horns, then wouldn't that give him more than enough life to share with her and give them both a decent lifespan?
I appreciate the meaningful tragic love-death thing - kind of. But at the same time, F**K THAT, this is an anime, there is more than enough excuses that could be used to keep them alive, it was thoroughly unnecessary for them both to just die. In my opinion (And to hell with any opposing), It was stupid and overly harsh, especially as those B*s**rds made the viewer get so emotionally attached (I did) to the main characters and then stuck the knife in and twisted it when Rosette said she didn't want to die, in tears. I mean AARRRRGGGHHHH! For F**K SAKE! WRONG! But at least they died together... what crap. I Loved this series, and I don't think the ending suited it at all - The whole thing was about miracles and faith, life and being alive. It would have made waaaayy more sense to have had one last miracle that kept them both alive. OR Chrono could have given all his life to Rosette, and then been revived some how - seeing as he is a devil anyway.
On the Issue of Aion, he is dead, at least physically, but it is supposed to be his will that is represented in the ever present desires to sin that lye in the human soul. And yes, the shot was supposed to be the attempt made on Pope John Paul II's life.
Also, Azmaria (If we want to be realistic) would have been traumatised for some time after C and R's death's.
As for Joshua - I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or hate him. The whole series was spent saving his azz, and all so he could remain nothing more than a creative 12yr old stuck in an older persons body for however long it is, and be totally unaware of anything. To be fair he had a rough ride, but at the same time, he also had no mental strength of will whatsoever and was basically a puppet until the end. And it was also his fault that Chrono was turned to stone and needed Rosette's life to be revived - which didn't make any sense, because it was supposed to be the original Mary of Magdeline that revived him. Oh, and why did she do that? So he could save the world and then die along with his love? WTF!? If it WAS her power, why wasn't it used to save those two.
It was never stated how much life was taken from Rosette per transformation of Chrono either. That seemed overdone to me as well. Who had they fought before the series? A few ordinary demons shouldn't have been so much that Chrono needed to transform each time, surely? So don't you think the whole life taking thing was thoroughly unrealistic and furthermore made no real sense at all!?
But, so is the convenience of the creators for a dramatic story , never mind the pain it causes all who watch it.
THE ENTIRE SERIES WAS ABOUT FAITH, HOPE. SO WHY THE HELL WAS THAT HOPE CRUSHED SO HARSHLY AT THE END!? IT DIDN'T NEED TO BE AT ALL!
The sun could have set, they could have closed their eyes, and then realised they were still alive. The device could have shattered covered in crosses or something and Chrono and Rosette could have lived a happy life together doing what they do best.
Well you know what? I cherished the series, and as far as I'm concerned the stupid ending in both the anime and manga is trash, and it didn't happen. Instead something along the lines of what I just said did, and everyone was happy (Joshua regained his memory). That's how I think of it and it's what I believe really happened.
One day, when I'm involved in making anime/manga, I'm going to get the rights and create the ending I just said with or without the original creator. ^_- So I'm not going to let that joke that was called the ending bother me, because it isn't.

Think and say what you like, but this is the truth,
Airhersalderaz.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.