Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Talent Searches ~A big joke~ - Minitokyo

Talent Searches ~A big joke~

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 38 total items

lilpunkazz05

I'm such a D O R K

I love talent searches...at least watching them on tv...i.e American Idol + So you think you can Dance. makes you feel so much more happy when you notice that soon to be celebs can actually be normal + it makes it that much cooler. And heck no it's not a big joke...just saw a Kelly Clarkson [ person who won american idol] concert last night [6th row baby]...and she was freakin awesome...

shijiroken

shijiroken

Angel that finds his "Heaven"

hmmmm. I think it is all just some profit thing? they just making those youth a little bit of stupid or idiot? *sorry about the words* they just make those youth reliale with this kind of contest just to become rich and popular but the truth is, the one that make this kind of contest just made this thing up for profits... at first, they make those youth popular, but when the people doesn't support them and the profits is low, they will just damped them somewhere out there, furthermore, TV stations and some malls do some *gimmick* just to maintain the profit and the popularity of their talents... for what? for profit/money... gets? and furthermore... most of the youth this days are influence to become stars or actor or actress just to become rich and popular... *why don't they just do something else that they want and they know that they will be happy out of it...* and more, those talents will endup stop studying, they will just go to wrok and work, no more time for school, which is studying is the foundation of your true career.. right? and about the contract? it is just a piece of gimmick!
talents will end up following the contract at the end, eventhough they know that they will be rich... but how about if the contract haven't expired or somehing? then they just dumped you and they don't give you some projects because a new winner on a talent search... so in the end, all the hardwork just to get a contract endup to become useless... that's too frustrating... hehehe

Heaven

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

Quote by rene3088

Quote by AlishaYou know there somewhat right but yet wrong. If you do
win you get the prize but it also comes with a contract. And sometimes
that contract controls what your able to do and not to do and bascily
that's your life.

i ToTALLy AGRee

Same here, too!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jakulitoWhat do you know, Ken? You ain't got no talent!!!

Yeah... yeah... me got no talent! Wanna say it more? Do it!

Quote: Talent searches are held for money. The winner reels in the cash but the companies keep it. The sponsors also give cash but the companies keep it, too. The winner/artist on the other hand gets fame and glamour. All of his/her stuff get's paid for by the company. If the company doesn't earn b=money by marketing the artist, the artist is dropped.. bye bye fame and fortune and cash.. say hello to gossips and rumors.... and some debts, too.
Why do you think I'm staying undaground with my raos? It's because the industry is all fukk*d up.

But this is a good point.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Quote by BorisGrishenkoTalent searches are strictly business. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah basicly. They make you do all this crazy $hit for there own viewing pleasure. Just as long as it brings in money.

Quote by MayaNatsume17
To me the just become one hit wonders. They are here one minute and
gone the next. Its sad that they have to sign their live away for
nothing.

That too. A lot of these American Idol winners are very popular win it's in the middle of seeing who wins or after they win but after that it just all falls apart.

niomea

niomea

broken wings

looking at why a talent search is conducted at the beginning, I can say it is not stupid. That is, once again, if the main reason to conduct such show is to actally find a good talent, and managed by proper and relevant people, while the result also brings good to all kind of man.

However, as consumerism starts to consume mankind it self, it is kind of hard to know whether a talent search is conducted merely for the search of the talent, or just to show off or bluff several parties. It has lost its original point, and surely if this case happened, I agree with the journalist: It's stupid.

It is stupid for the event organizer and manages to conduct such show only to degrade human pride, and it's stupid for the participant because they want to be degraded.

Of course if there is any of the participant here, they will have as much reason as the event holder. But I will consider it as mere rationalization. There are many ways to gain popularity or money or whatsoever. Many many better and more proper way to reach it. If only they would use their heart and brain.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by niomealooking at why a talent search is conducted at the beginning, I can say it is not stupid. That is, once again, if the main reason to conduct such show is to actally find a good talent, and managed by proper and relevant people, while the result also brings good to all kind of man.

Yeah. I agree if they are really looking for good talents!

Quote: However, as consumerism starts to consume mankind it self, it is kind of hard to know whether a talent search is conducted merely for the search of the talent, or just to show off or bluff several parties. It has lost its original point, and surely if this case happened, I agree with the journalist: It's stupid.
It is stupid for the event organizer and manages to conduct such show only to degrade human pride, and it's stupid for the participant because they want to be degraded.
Of course if there is any of the participant here, they will have as much reason as the event holder. But I will consider it as mere rationalization. There are many ways to gain popularity or money or whatsoever. Many many better and more proper way to reach it. If only they would use their heart and brain.

And I agree again to this. The ones to blame are those people who doesn't consider this much...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

SaKuRa149

SaKuRa149

Sad Blue Angel

Quote by lingxuethe multiple-intelligence theory had been out for many years.
I think it's not good to judge a person in the sense of one single talent or ability.

Yea...I agree..^^

Signature
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Lots of people here in my country has an ambition to be a star :D

Most of them (contestants) think that their life would be better if they enter in the world of showbiz :\

Quote by bblsyour topic reminds me of american idol. yeah, talent searches do bring out the freaks and people with no talent, but who cares? it's up to them if they want to make a fool of themselves and it's amusing for the rest of us to watch. and it can be a big joke if it turns into a popularity contest rather than on talent. but on the flip side, i also think that talent searches can give unknown, regular people the chance to be discovered who would otherwise go unnoticed.

I agree with her :) Some contestants make me laugh.. :pacman: people that have no talent but want to be star are BIG IDIOT

Quote by zen8192Well... They are biased on some point view because most talent searches only accept people who'm they will think attract the demands of viewers... Especially so that most viewers are teenagers! By knowing this fact, they most of the time accept good-looking ones with less talents rather than really talented people with not-so-good looks. In the end the whole talent searches are a joke because they have preset winners as soon as they see the attractive participants.

That's correct, a good example is Sandara Park, accept the fact that this girl have no talent, but she has a charm. She's cute Korean girl that have no talent :nya:

Talent Searches is not a joke... the main reason to make talent searches is to find a good talent, give opportunities to someone that deserves...
It'll be easy for them to discover a good talent by doing this because lots of people will respond quickly and apply in this contest, just like "Starstruck" (A Reality-based Talent Search show) :)

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

Quote by AlishaYou know there somewhat right but yet wrong. If you do win you get the prize but it also comes with a contract. And sometimes that contract controls what your able to do and not to do and bascily that's your life.

Yep, I agree.

Quote by white-zeroThere's nothing wrong in talent searches but when it becomes a popularity-based by short message system, it all turned sour. Heck, even the crappiest of talent could be the winner if he/she gets more than 50% of votes.

I agree also to these one. If the talent search is based on popularity...I think it's biased...

Quote by lingxuethe multiple-intelligence theory had been out for many years.
I think it's not good to judge a person in the sense of one single talent or ability.

I totally agree with this one. ;) A person has many talents or abilities. ;)

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

well that depends on what talent show that would be. if that involves your God given talent of course that's not stupidity nor a joke. that's something worth beholding, worth sharing and worth appreciating by people. that is why we call them talents right.

but if that involves doing something funny for the sake of money then that's the joke. i know some of it, making the contestants looks weird, poor people. that's the joke.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by angelrheawell that depends on what talent show that would be. if that involves your God given talent of course that's not stupidity nor a joke. that's something worth beholding, worth sharing and worth appreciating by people. that is why we call them talents right.

Apparently, you're right.

Quote: but if that involves doing something funny for the sake of money then that's the joke. i know some of it, making the contestants looks weird, poor people. that's the joke.

And also yes to this one.

Guys, remember that we're not talking about the participants here. We are referring to the talent search itself.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

most of the time they don't really look for talent. They look for looks.

Also they look for the publicity, so that the general public can vote on people and then they take their money.

Really, sometimes it just really matters about the existing fan base. Like, someone really cute may win.... or someone really untalented may squeeze through if they had like 5000 friends.

I don't like watching reality TV shows... so yeah.... I spose they are a bit useless.

A joke though? Hmmm. I don't know. I'm sure they don't make these contests in order to ridicule people.... I think it's more like a hype from the media... just to make money and gain attention...

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

kawaiihime04

kawaiihime04

Fluffy Sesshy

yeah, sometimes. they usually show the whole world how one sings out of tune and how another dances horribly. most of the time, the applicants would spend a lot just to go to the audition but in the end, the judges would crush their dreams

but sometimes, talent searches are good. one talent search here in the philippines introduced a new face on television. that actress was once eliminated in that contest but now- she's more popular than the winner of the talent search she once joined

Sometimes, the one who is good in taking care of other people is the same person who needs someone to take care of them.
>>>Mapu quote<<<

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 38 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.