Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mac OS X 10.4 x86 running on VMWare - Minitokyo

Mac OS X 10.4 x86 running on VMWare

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Apparently someone has managed to crack and load the x86 version of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger onto VMWare, using a copy of the x86 developer kit dvd, a copy of Darwin x86, and some tweaks.

Info available at PearPC's website here: http://www.pearpc.net/
His site: http://xplodenet.com/

Screenshot of it running on VMWare is here.

It requires SSE3 to function completely, and it will work with limited function on SSE2 only cpus (no powerpc code execution, iTunes, dvd).
As a result it will only run on newer Pentium 4s, as well as Athlon 64 and FX cpus.

Non SSE2/3 chips will fail to boot completely (Athlon XP, older Pentium 4, anything older).

I knew it was only a matter of time :/

EDIT: More screenshots (ALOT more) can be found here

Signature Image

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Wow, thats really cool. It looks like even if Mac OS X for x86 only runs on Mac x86es, there are always going to be hacks available to make it run on the PC too.

Apple could always make Mac OS run on the PC themselves, but then they would spend too much time on compatabilty issues, and not enough on making a generally cool OS. And it would be kind of stupid to offically support something called Mac OS for the PC ;-).

i doubt Windoze would ever be able to do that on PPC. :-P

Knives

Knives

Sleepy

omg. 2 things that shouldn't be mixed, mac and windows. O_________________o

Got it working :D :D

Cool!!

Signature
-+| Signature by me |+-

Got it running natively too :) Now I need some drivers that don't exist XD . Operating systems aren't fun without audio, networking and video acceleration.

Edit: Got the sound working.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.