Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wouldn't it be better if the avatars would be 100x100? - Minitokyo

Wouldn't it be better if the avatars would be 100x100?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

I think so. You would have a better view of the persons ava. And the sig/banners. It's only suppose to be like 486x60 pixels and it has to be GIF! My art software doesn't support that kind of format so I have to use paint to "save as" it. It just ruins everything! Not everybody has that photoshop thing. MT also has to think about that. >_< I'm sorry if I complain like this but I'm just so frustrated ryt now. -_-

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

I hear you. And i do agree with u that the Avy should be 100x100, But sadly there isnt nethin we can do. ^^; We kept the 50x50 rule mainly for the bandwitdh oddly enough small Avy does make enough of a change XD. I guess the best u can do is just deal with this since it's not gonna change.

mitchell

mitchell

Dragonfly789

i think it shuold be 100x100 too

Signature

Anime Currently Watching:- Haruhi Suzumiya - Dragonball Z - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Games Currently Playing:- Final Fantasy IX/XIII - Star Ocean The Last Hope - Oblivion GOTY

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

i dunno about the 100x100 idea... then everyone'd have to change avas. Bigger sig sounds nice though, not to mention making it so it doesn't have to be a .gif file.

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

*nods* yeah that would be great :D 100*100 is becomming the standard size on pretty much every site/forum so why not here. i have so many great ava's but they look horrible on the 50*50 pixels here T.T

I like 50x50 cause it maches the size of the sig. ^_^' But I do have some nice 100x100 avas.

Then shouldn't they just take off all the less used stuff in MT that's making it go slow? =/

Keddvere

Criminal Mastermind....

I Like 100x100 avatars better.

Quote by AlishaI like 50x50 cause it maches the size of the sig. ^_^' But I do have some nice 100x100 avas.

It doesent match the size of the sig. the sig is 60x in height :P and the ava only 50x ^_^'

Quote by TiburoXxIt doesent match the size of the sig. the sig is 60x in height :P and the ava only 50x ^_^'

But it looks nice together. I mean come on a 100x100 ava with a 486x60 banner? That don't mach.

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

100*100 would be nice. 50*50 is kinda tiny. ^_^'

Signature Image

Quote by Alisha

Quote by TiburoXxIt doesent match the size of the sig. the sig is 60x in height :P and the ava only 50x ^_^'

But it looks nice together. I mean come on a 100x100 ava with a 486x60 banner? That don't mach.

*agrees* :D

dragongirli

dragongirli

girl of the dragons

but if they were bigger, they'ed take up more space, and take a lot a attention... ^_^'

knowledge is power. power corrupts. study hard. be evil.

Hmm. I guess it is just me. Maybe I'm just used to how they do it in this site. [url=www.gaiaonline.com]www.gaiaonline.com[/url]

I disagree, I think 100x100 would be too big, it takes too much attention from the posts when there is a big picture right beside them. You also have to keep the people on dial up in mind.

Any size will do, l mean the Icon thing or what you guys call it avatar :D
And l think the fonts are way too small, but thats another story :nya:

happianime

happianime

May all your dreams come true!

100x100 icons would be cool since those type icons are awesome! But wouldn't it take up space or bandwidth or whatever you call it on MT?

Always approach with a smile!

Silverwolf12

Silverwolf12

Ed's love

Yes it would be better if they could be any size
" Do what she says Ed, drink the dumb milk." - Al FMA-

would be nice but as most have stated bandwith is a problem when it is directly loaded to MT. if they go a head with the increase the best thing for them to do is to have the avatar or sig linked to another site away from MT like and image host such as Photobucket this way MT's bandwith wiouls decrease as sigs and avats would be getting loaded in from else where and not directly useing up their bandwith. thats just as suggestion. but i am hapy with the size that are alrdy on her.

Signature Image

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Don't freeze...Just CHill!

Yes I would like that very much! That was the thing I was gona suggest here XD

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

that would be cool thats why i dont have an avatar i just cant find a cool pic taht is small enough and my software is like just not working with a 50x50.

"to live is to wait for death"

i agree

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

I think that 100x100 is too big, and takes up too much space to work well within Minitokyo's design. imho, something between 65x65 to 80x80 would work.

And please please, support PNG avatars!
Actually, if all avatars were stored as PNGs, that could save Minitokyo some bandwidth.

bleedingdoll

bleedingdoll

BLeeDiNg_DoLL

Quote by StokeI disagree, I think 100x100 would be too big, it takes too much
attention from the posts when there is a big picture right beside them.
You also have to keep the people on dial up in mind.

I'm member of some forums where your avatar can be 150*150 px,and if you're admin of a forum,you can have your avatar bigger. I think 100*100 avatar would be nice

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.